PDA

View Full Version : Caple article re ST game

cubswin
03-09-04, 12:20 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/040308

Maybe I'm odd, but this sounds great: hanging out w/friends on a warm Florida night, drinking beers all night waiting for tickets to Sox/Yanks... in Spring Training! (Reminds me of high school, staying out for Pink Floyd tix -- except that was Boston and cold.)

ruthianblast
03-09-04, 01:01 AM
yeah great if it was for a real game that was going to be played by starters from the beginning to the end; but seriously, a little overboard for a game finished by guys I watch live every summer (trust me they suck), losing to Buffalo, Syracuse, and Toledo (the games I usually go too) along with Louisville, etc... I've waited for Indians tickets, Jays tickets, but those were playoff games, things that were important enough to lose my job over (Cleveland, whoops). Never would I do it for spring training yeesh.

FutureYankee
03-09-04, 01:13 AM
well the flashbulb didnt go off, so the yanks are good to go!

crazy sox fans..

Carissa
03-09-04, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by cubswin
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/040308

Maybe I'm odd, but this sounds great: hanging out w/friends on a warm Florida night, drinking beers all night waiting for tickets to Sox/Yanks... in Spring Training! (Reminds me of high school, staying out for Pink Floyd tix -- except that was Boston and cold.) I'd never do it but you're right, it doesn't sound so bad.

My favorite parts of the article:
"I was watching the game at my brother's house. None of us even watched to see where Boone's home run would land because we knew it was gone,'' Scott says. "My brother just got up and turned off the TV and started walking away. I asked him whether he wanted us to lock up or what, and he said, 'No, I hope someone breaks in tonight and murders me.' He didn't come out of the house for two days.''

The six gather for a photo; and as the photographer prepares to snap the picture, they smile and shout the rallying cry that defines our country's cradle of liberty, "Yankees Suck!''

The flash bulb doesn't go off.

Without missing a beat, someone moans: "Great. We're going to lose this year.'' :lol: :lol: :lol: