PDA

View Full Version : What Dodger fans are saying about the Yankees coming to town

CalYankeeFan
03-07-04, 11:31 PM
From the MLB Dodger board - Good Stuff:

______

today was the first day tix go on sale for the season, & the first few tix to sell out were yankees tix.
Last year i went to go see a yankee-angel game, because my friend had an extra tix, not because i like either team. It seemed like everybody in there was a yankee fan, like if i was in the bronx!
DONT LET THIS HAPPEN IN DODGER STADIUM!
We are the dodgers this is our house and they shouldn't be louder than us or outnumber us!
_______

I agree. I remember eating by the National's across the street and being able to hear the Yankee crowd. I used to laugh at how the Angel fans get outnumbered in their own park. Don't let this happen at Dodger Stadium or I might not hear the end of it from my Angel fan friends.

---------------

Not to worry. The Dodger fans should be able to drown out the Yankee fans.

From the 3rd inning through the 7th, anyway.

-------

I think that they should set up a system where all of us posters or people who sign up online can get first priority in getting tix.Maybe that way yankee fans dont get a chance to screw us

--------
I HOPE WERE LOUDER THEN THE ANGEL FANS AT THERE OWN STADIUM. I HOPE WE HAVE A BIG TURN OUT.

SuperMario66
03-07-04, 11:37 PM
Stuff like this amuses me. I am really glad that we don't have threads about trying to be louder than other teams fans.

YankeeKid
03-07-04, 11:51 PM
My brother got tix for one of the Dodger games which I will be attending, I'm also making the drive to Arizona to see 2 games with the D-backs right before.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
03-08-04, 12:29 AM
Last season in LA, we were outnumbered by Cardinals fans. Especially toward the end when our chances were a lost cause. It was pathetic. I hope Weaver pitches at least one of those three games... that should be fun to see. ;)

Dodgers tickets don't sell out that quick normally. We were able to get tickets for a Cubs game in the middle of the summer last season within 2 weeks of the event. The fact that it took my brother and I a full 3 hours to get tix for all three games of the Yanks series shows that progress was being halted by a high volume of Yanks fans. I'd imagine the crowd will be pretty evenly balanced, with Yanks fans having a slight edge, perhaps. I hope those who haven't been to Chavez Ravine before are prepared for all the flying beach balls, waves, and jumbotron-coordinated chanting (the most unique chant I heard last season was "COOOORRRR-KYYYYY" and "HEY SAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMYY" during the Cubs game... our bleacher crowd is not known for its smarts ;) ).

FutureYankee
03-08-04, 12:49 AM
you guys arent gonna have a whole lot to cheer about if weaver pitches against the yanks.. poor guy was a headcase when he was facing the crap teams... cant imagine whatd be in his mind if he was to face his old team now..

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
03-08-04, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by FutureYankee
you guys arent gonna have a whole lot to cheer about if weaver pitches against the yanks.. poor guy was a headcase when he was facing the crap teams... cant imagine whatd be in his mind if he was to face his old team now..

He's back on the :smokin: and sporting the power mullet again... No worries. :P

Sous Sheff
03-08-04, 01:34 AM
I got my tix to all three A's and Dodger games out here, never been to the Ravine and can't wait! Hoping for the Brown-Weaver match-up, should be FUN!

ruthianblast
03-08-04, 04:47 AM
Same happened in Cleveland and Toronto games I went to when the Yankees came, it really is quite funny when you're walking through another ballpark, and you have to stop and make sure you didn't magically appear in Yankee Stadium.

nyyfanatic85
03-08-04, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35
Last season in LA, we were outnumbered by Cardinals fans. Especially toward the end when our chances were a lost cause. It was pathetic. I hope Weaver pitches at least one of those three games... that should be fun to see. ;)

Dodgers tickets don't sell out that quick normally. We were able to get tickets for a Cubs game in the middle of the summer last season within 2 weeks of the event. The fact that it took my brother and I a full 3 hours to get tix for all three games of the Yanks series shows that progress was being halted by a high volume of Yanks fans. I'd imagine the crowd will be pretty evenly balanced, with Yanks fans having a slight edge, perhaps. I hope those who haven't been to Chavez Ravine before are prepared for all the flying beach balls, waves, and jumbotron-coordinated chanting (the most unique chant I heard last season was "COOOORRRR-KYYYYY" and "HEY SAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMYY" during the Cubs game... our bleacher crowd is not known for its smarts ;) ).

Any Dodgers tickets left for the Yanks series, Natalie?

ACPS
03-08-04, 05:58 AM
Wallach has really lit a fire. The Dodgers offense has looked great so far this spring. Still not a lot of protection for Green though.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
03-08-04, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by ACPS
Still not a lot of protection for Green though.

What, Beltre and LoDuca batting in front of and behind him not enough for you? :P

And Doug, apparently they're not quite sold out, but transaction volumes are still such that I can't get through right away. We bought 4 tickets for all three games, but I'm nearly certain my parents won't want to drive us (my brother and I) there for more than 1, at most 2, of the games, meaning we'd have 2 extra tickets. Lemme know. ;)

Sous Sheff
03-08-04, 02:36 PM
Any Dodgers tickets left for the Yanks series, Natalie?

I heard they are sold out. Try eBay, I got mine for $25 each a few weeks ago.

YankeePride1967
03-09-04, 08:05 AM
and by the 7th, the Yankee fans will have Dodger Stadium to themselves.

RIyankee
03-09-04, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by GoRocket

Payback for Brooklyn :D

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
03-09-04, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by GoRocket

not true. My family NEVER leaves early. ;)

NJOBP36
03-09-04, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by FutureYankee

I can't imagine a lot of pitchers are going to have great success against the Yankees. Weaver will have a solid year, even if he did exactly what he did last year he would have a better year. With a great defense and him bouncing back in his peripherals I expect a great year.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
03-09-04, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by NJOBP36

I can't imagine a lot of pitchers are going to have great success against the Yankees. Weaver will have a solid year, even if he did exactly what he did last year he would have a better year. With a great defense and him bouncing back in his peripherals I expect a great year.

Not if his ST performance thus far is any indication, intrasquad games included (Jason Romano?!). Hopefully it's not. Even if it is, there's plenty of depth, and he can be replaced pretty easily.