PDA

View Full Version : Norings take on steriod testing

ny
03-07-04, 03:04 PM
interesting article

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Here's what Nomar Garciaparra plans to do when Major League Baseball makes a surprise visit to test him for illegal steroids.

"The day I'm getting tested, I'm going to call my doctor and say, `Guess what, you're going to test me, too, and we're going to send my results [to MLB] just to make sure,' " he said yesterday as the steroid controversy roiled. "I have to have a backup in case something happens. Maybe I'll even get blood taken out because it's more accurate than urine."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/03/05/garciaparra_distrusts_test/

ruthianblast
03-08-04, 05:58 AM
sounds like nomah has some interesting points, most of which i agree with; let the players get it done by mlb and their own doctors, but i do disagree with the last statement, every ball player should be tested, not the final week of spring training, not at the all star break but every 3 months, but that's just me.

Nettles dfw
03-08-04, 09:52 AM
I wouldn't have guessed that false positives were that big of a risk. While I may be wrong, Nomar and/or the writer do nothing to convince me otherwise. Additionally, the Balco guys have nothing to do with false positives.

To be honest, for me, the article sounds like a "let's throw everything against the wall and see what sticks" defense. For now I will blame the writer.