PDA

View Full Version : My fantasy for the end of 2004

ruthianblast
03-05-04, 11:40 PM
OK, so the Yankees are in first place (obviously) by about 5 or 6 games, the jays and the sox are tied for the wild card and have a playoff, it comes down to a 9th inning 3 run blast in fenway from <insert name here> off foulke, then the jays bring in justin speir to close it down, gives up two runs and strikes out <insert another name here> with 1 on to go to the playoffs for the first time since '93. The twins lose to the yankees, oakland loses to the jays and the Yankees beat the jays in 7 at the stadium then on to the ws against the cubbies. in game seven sosa blasts a top of the eigth hr to pull the cubs within one which leads to the intro of the sandman who goes 1 2/3 to win the ws, after this the Yankees sign pedro, garciaparra, beltran, and clement. ahh sweet dreams, :badass:

Nettles dfw
03-05-04, 11:51 PM
Nice dreams!!!

Yet... no amazing come from behind - 8th inning - Yankee - playoff comebacks?

ruthianblast
03-05-04, 11:57 PM
don't need them in my dream they avg 8rpg :lol:

cubswin
03-05-04, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by ruthianblast
... after this the Yankees sign pedro, garciaparra, beltran, and
clement. ahh sweet dreams, :badass:

Why not just make the Yankees a 50-player All-Star team, get rid of the other teams and have the Yanks play an intra-squad series before annointing them WS champs? ;)

ny
03-06-04, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by cubswin

Why not just make the Yankees a 50-player All-Star team, get rid of the other teams and have the Yanks play an intra-squad series before annointing them WS champs?

nah we have too much fun beating boston

ruthianblast
03-06-04, 12:11 AM
Why not just make the Yankees a 50-player All-Star team, get rid of the other teams and have the Yanks play an intra-squad series before annointing them WS champs?

if it works for you it works for me! :D

edit: in reality we'd have to trade for prior to do that :lol:, homer bush would be an excellent addition to your ball club :lol: :lol: :lol:

cubswin
03-06-04, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by ny

nah we have too much fun beating boston

turn it into a globetrotters/generals kind of thing, then? :)

ny
03-06-04, 12:25 AM

turn it into a globetrotters/generals kind of thing, then? :)

hey we cant help it that the red sox cant beat us but i do like your reference. :D

Pomp
03-06-04, 07:17 AM
Forget the Cubs...I want the Yankees to play Houston in the Series.

cubswin
03-06-04, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Pomp
Forget the Cubs...I want the Yankees to play Houston in the Series.

Of course you do -- we have a far better rotation than "Yankees South" does. :)

ny
03-06-04, 11:15 AM

i would like to play the cubs. of course the cubs need to win a playoff series first.

cubswin
03-06-04, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by ny

i would like to play the cubs. of course the cubs need to win a playoff series first.

won a playoff series last year

SuperMario66
03-06-04, 11:48 AM

I have no problem playing the Cubs in the World Series. It would be a nice little showdown.

'04 TheSchillingEra
03-06-04, 03:11 PM
wow you are the biggest group of losers on the planet...Where would they put Nomar on your stupid ****ing team?

ACPS
03-06-04, 03:12 PM

cubswin
03-06-04, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by '04 TheSchillingEra
wow you are the biggest group of losers on the planet...

:rolleyes:
and we have found the king of the losers

'04 TheSchillingEra
03-06-04, 03:20 PM
Ok you can't have Nomar, Jeter, and Gay-Rod on the same team. If you are gonna do that why don't you go out and buy the whole ****ing league?

God you fans are so ****ing greedy. Even though you have the best team on paper your still begging for more just like a dog at a dinner table

ring403
03-06-04, 03:48 PM
Ok you can't have Nomar, Jeter, and Gay-Rod on the same team. If you are gonna do that why don't you go out and buy the whole ****ing league?

God you fans are so ****ing greedy. Even though you have the best team on paper your still begging for more just like a dog at a dinner table

:rolleyes:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
03-06-04, 06:19 PM

Ok, who let Ben Affleck in?

bakntime
03-06-04, 07:17 PM
Even though you have the best team on paper

:D :D :D :D

SODM
03-06-04, 10:43 PM
wow you are the biggest group of losers on the planet...Where would they put Nomar on your stupid ****ing team?

Probablt batting 6th

:D

ruthianblast
03-06-04, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35

:lol: , just glad he got released, don't need idiots like that slandering my dream

Dooley Womack
03-07-04, 02:53 AM
In my fantasy I'd like to have the same vision as you except I want to see the Sox flop badly. It's fun watching their fans bitch and moan about the Yanks

Dooley Womack
03-07-04, 02:55 AM

:lol: :lol:

ruthianblast
03-07-04, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Dooley Womack
In my fantasy I'd like to have the same vision as you except I want to see the Sox flop badly. It's fun watching their fans bitch and moan about the Yanks

Yes, but isn't it more fun to watch them have a dream go down the toilet after getting so close, like stabbing someone with a serrated field knife and twisting while pouring lemon juice over their body, God am I glad I'm not a Red Sox fan :lol:

Curse of Giambi
03-08-04, 11:42 PM
Again, good example of how Yankee fans are obsessed with the Red Sox.

It seems like every thread is about this.

SuperMario66
03-08-04, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Curse of Giambi
Again, good example of how Yankee fans are obsessed with the Red Sox.

It seems like every thread is about this.

Why are you here then? :rolleyes:

Curse of Giambi
03-08-04, 11:49 PM
Just commenting. I hear all the bitching that Red Sox fans are obsessed with the Yankees, but the Yankees fans are just as obsessed with the Red Sox.

I didn't realize that statements were against the rules. Sometimes people just don't want to hear the truth.

SuperMario66
03-08-04, 11:51 PM
Just commenting. I hear all the bitching that Red Sox fans are obsessed with the Yankees, but the Yankees fans are just as obsessed with the Red Sox.

I didn't realize that statements were against the rules. Sometimes people just don't want to hear the truth.

I didn't say they were. I just don't understand why you are here if you don't enjoy the conversation. You are welcome to add your input wherever you see fit. :)

ruthianblast
03-09-04, 12:15 AM

i actually didn't really care about the red sox in this particular thread, merely that i want the Yankees to win, and who wouldn't want Nomar on their team he's a good/great player. This was a fantasy, not a Boston sucks, Yankees rule type thread, just want I wanted to see happen, If you cared to notice I had the Jays in the ALCS, which is my other favorite team. One of my favorite players is Mark Prior, and therefore would love to see the Cubs in the WS, before you start bashing my thread, why don't you actually point something out that is accurate and relavant?

Yankee Cowboy
03-09-04, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by ruthianblast

Yes, but isn't it more fun to watch them have a dream go down the toilet after getting so close, like stabbing someone with a serrated field knife and twisting while pouring lemon juice over their body, God am I glad I'm not a Red Sox fan :lol:

boy that is a nasty thought.....
I like your style

:lol: :NY:

Monkeyman
03-09-04, 12:31 AM
So wait... if we're the biggest group of losers on the planet, does that mean that we have the largest number of losers, or that our losers are more losery than the losers in any other group?

ruthianblast
03-09-04, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Monkeyman
So wait... if we're the biggest group of losers on the planet, does that mean that we have the largest number of losers, or that our losers are more losery than the losers in any other group?

yes, huh :confused: :lol:

Soriambi
03-09-04, 10:43 AM

I don't know, maybe we should screen potential users to see if they're Ben before letting them in. That will be the only requirement. ;)