PDA

View Full Version : The idiot Peter Magowan, read on.....

AJW
03-01-04, 09:12 PM
This quote was taken from a story on the ESPN baseball site.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1748585

"In terms of competitive balance it is not good for baseball," Magowan said Monday in his first appearance at spring training.

"The Rodriguez trade moves us back to where we're escaping. The team with the highest payroll can add the highest-salaried player. It's good that A-Rod is playing in a big market, but it should be another big market," he said.

Hello McFly!!!!! George is playing by the rules. If Magowan is so smart let's see him fix what is already broken.

cubswin
03-01-04, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by AJW
This quote was taken from a story on the ESPN baseball site.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1748585

"In terms of competitive balance it is not good for baseball," Magowan said Monday in his first appearance at spring training.

"The Rodriguez trade moves us back to where we're escaping. The team with the highest payroll can add the highest-salaried player. It's good that A-Rod is playing in a big market, but it should be another big market," he said.

Hello McFly!!!!! George is playing by the rules. If Magowan is so smart let's see him fix what is already broken.

There's already a thread about this. And while it's fun to call people names, Magowan is far from an idiot... (amazing how all these idiots are smart enought to have made hundreds of millions or billions! imagine how successful they would have been if they were as smart as everybody here (myself included)...)

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57997

backstop20
03-01-04, 09:21 PM

AJW
03-01-04, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by cubswin

There's already a thread about this. And while it's fun to call people names, Magowan is far from an idiot... (amazing how all these idiots are smart enought to have made hundreds of millions or billions! imagine how successful they would have been if they were as smart as everybody here (myself included)...)

I'm sorry but just because you make millions of dollars doesn't give you the right to make and idiotic comment like he did. I'm sticking to my guns. Hence this idiotic remark: It's good that A-Rod is playing in a big market, but it should be another big market," he said.

cubswin
03-01-04, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by AJW

I'm sorry but just because you make millions of dollars doesn't give you the right to make and idiotic comment like he did. I'm sticking to my guns. Hence this idiotic remark: It's good that A-Rod is playing in a big market, but it should be another big market," he said.

why don't you reply to my comment on that in the other thread.

TannerBoyle
03-01-04, 11:11 PM

You'd be surprised how many (formerly) brilliant businessmen turn into blundering, blithering morons once they own and (try to) operate a major league ballclub.

cubswin
03-01-04, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by TannerBoyle

You'd be surprised how many (formerly) brilliant businessmen turn into blundering, blithering morons once they own and (try to) operate a major league ballclub.

No, I wouldn't, as I understand your point. But the definition of "success" is largely the problem. For some, it comes down to $. To his credit, that isn't the be-all, end-all for Steinbrenner, though he clearly has turned the Yankees into a great investment for himself.

My main point was two-fold: (i) by no definition is Magowan an idiot and (ii) why do people have to revert to name-calling? Most intelligent posters here do not; why must others bring down the quality of discussion?

TannerBoyle
03-01-04, 11:26 PM

No, I wouldn't, as I understand your point. But the definition of "success" is largely the problem. For some, it comes down to $. To his credit, that isn't the be-all, end-all for Steinbrenner, though he clearly has turned the Yankees into a great investment for himself.

My main point was two-fold: (i) by no definition is Magowan an idiot and (ii) why do people have to revert to name-calling? Most intelligent posters here do not; why must others bring down the quality of discussion?

This is an anonymous MESSAGE BOARD. On the INTERNET. Discussing SPORTS. This is not the Hahvad Yahd/Columbia discussion on world peace; and as long as it isn't, there is going to be some banter and commentary which does not live up to your lofty expectations.

cubswin
03-01-04, 11:31 PM

This is an anonymous MESSAGE BOARD. On the INTERNET. Discussing SPORTS. This is not the Hahvad Yahd/Columbia discussion on world peace; and as long as it isn't, there is going to be some banter and commentary which does not live up to your lofty expectations.

It is? Really? Thanks for the clarification. I just didn't realize that name calling and insults added a whole lot, unlike those posters who actually have something to say and ad something to the discussion. Funny, that's one of the things that, IMO, makes this a great board. What "lofty expectations."

If you have anything else to say to me personally, take it to PM, don't waste other people's time with your off-topic "thoughts."

TannerBoyle
03-01-04, 11:44 PM

It is? Really? Thanks for the clarification. I just didn't realize that name calling and insults added a whole lot, unlike those posters who actually have something to say and ad something to the discussion. Funny, that's one of the things that, IMO, makes this a great board. What "lofty expectations."

If you have anything else to say to me personally, take it to PM, don't waste other people's time with your off-topic "thoughts."

Yes, it is. Really.

I didn't say that insults added to the conversation, just that complaining about them (which you did, which actually took this thread off topic) is like spitting into the wind; you just have to accept things the way they are.

And I see nothing personal about this besides your defensive stance in the previous post...

And now I'll get personal: This East Coast kid is going to sleep. Have a nice evening.

cubswin
03-01-04, 11:54 PM

...I didn't say that insults added to the conversation, just that complaining about them (which you did, which actually took this thread off topic) is like spitting into the wind; you just have to accept things the way they are.

And I see nothing personal about this besides your defensive stance in the previous post...

And now I'll get personal: This East Coast kid is going to sleep. Have a nice evening.

Actually, my initial post directed this to the pre-existing thread. And I rarely accept things for what they are, which sometimes is a good thing, sometimes not. So be it.

You have a good night, too.

NDBoston
03-02-04, 12:04 AM

If you want to insult Cubs in the future, I recommmend a "Jeffs" reference. It will be much better than Harvard.

:lol:

TannerBoyle
03-02-04, 07:49 AM

Actually, my initial post directed this to the pre-existing thread. And I rarely accept things for what they are, which sometimes is a good thing, sometimes not. So be it.

You have a good night, too.

My folks give me a hard time about being stubborn myself...just kind of reminded me of this:

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

cubswin
03-02-04, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by NDBoston

If you want to insult Cubs in the future, I recommmend a "Jeffs" reference. It will be much better than Harvard.

true :)

yanksrule69
03-02-04, 11:57 AM

Or just cheap asses who put any money their club musters up right into thier pocket instead of reinvesting it.

AJW
03-02-04, 08:47 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: