PDA

View Full Version : The Nets need ...

hugelongtermdeal
03-01-04, 01:47 PM
someone who can score in the half court offense.

The nets have become completely one demensional. Yes, their fast break is amazing, one of the top 5 in the league. But, if the other team doesn't miss, or hustles back on D - then the Nets are stuck running their half court offense. Has anyone been watching?? Things get very ugly for the Nets once the game slows down. As good as JKidd is in transition, he is terrible running their offense.

Who is their "go to" scorer when they aren't running the break? Answer: they don't have one.

Now that Indiana and Detroit have improved -- the Nets aren't making out of the 2nd round.

Should they take a chance and trade RJ for a legit scorer?

pacewon
03-01-04, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by hugelongtermdeal
Now that Indiana and Detroit have improved -- the Nets aren't making out of the 2nd round.

I hate the Nets but I disagree. Unless the Pacers get Artest back, the Pistons are the only team with a shot at beating the Nets.

They can run through any team in the East. Their 14-game winning streak showed that... What the past 2 games have shown is that if they were out West they'd only be a middle-of-the-pack team at the very best.

hugelongtermdeal
03-01-04, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by pacewon

I hate the Nets but I disagree. Unless the Pacers get Artest back, the Pistons are the only team with a shot at beating the Nets.

They can run through any team in the East. Their 14-game winning streak showed that... What the past 2 games have shown is that if they were out West they'd only be a middle-of-the-pack team at the very best.

I think they'd be on the outside looking in if they were in the West.

YankeePride1967
03-01-04, 05:39 PM
I went to my first NBA game in years last night, Lakers at Nets and if the Nets are the best in the east then watching the NBA Finals is a waste of time. Lakers were men amongst boys.

yankeegeek
03-01-04, 06:56 PM

I can't disagree with that. I guess the Nets will have to live with being the best team from the East. The team stunk it up against the Lakers. As far as the Timberwolves go, we beat them earlier in the season at home. They were going to loose no matter what.

Like I said, if we aren't going to win a title(NO team fromthe East will) than I can live with another Eastern Conference Finals banner.

wexy
03-01-04, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by GoRocket
I went to my first NBA game in years last night, Lakers at Nets and if the Nets are the best in the east then watching the NBA Finals is a waste of time. Lakers were men amongst boys.

Dude, I didn't see you there last night ;)

JeffWeaverFan
03-03-04, 07:53 PM

Yes, the Nets definately have a chance, as a lot of teams do in the East. But, the Pacers actaully got Artest back the other night. He had 12 points and 6 rebounds.