PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu all over again.

ALR83
02-28-04, 05:41 PM
Ya know, if they hadn't done it five times before this, I'd think I was psychic. :lol: Another loss coming off an Islander win.

Sweet penalty by Kovalev in OT lol.

Lord.

Rich
02-28-04, 06:42 PM
Sadly, they got a point, which won't help them win the Ovechkin sweepstakes.

SuperMario66
02-29-04, 12:27 AM
I miss Kovalev... wait, what am I thinking? I miss everybody that used to make my team halfway watchable.

ALR83
02-29-04, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by SuperMario66
I miss Kovalev... wait, what am I thinking? I miss everybody that used to make my team halfway watchable.

Want him back? :lol: We'll take a stick and a puck.

And the point pissed me off, Rich lol.

Rich
03-01-04, 12:16 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/01/sports/hockey/01RANG.html

<b><font size=4>In Defeat, Rangers Admire a Young Defenseman</b></font>

By JASON DIAMOS

<font size=1>Published: March 1, 2004</font>

ATLANTA, Feb. 29 It was here, three years ago, that defenseman Brian Leetch called Tomas Kloucek the best defensive prospect he had seen come through the Rangers organization.

Kloucek, now a member of the Atlanta Thrashers, watched from the press box Sunday, his once promising career sidetracked by injuries, as the Rangers were beaten, 3-2, by the Thrashers.

Afterward, Leetch said that Fedor Tyutin, who played his eighth game with the Rangers on Sunday, has potential eclipsing that of Kloucek's three years ago.

pacewon
03-01-04, 12:29 AM
Tyutin is a gem

ALR83
03-01-04, 12:32 AM
He's played so well. I love it. :D

Rich
03-02-04, 10:33 PM
Kovalev was traded to the Canadians, as per ESPNews.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=74683

Canadiens obtain Kovalev from Rangers

TSN.ca Staff

3/2/2004

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has acquired forward Josef Balej and a second round selection in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for right wing Alex Kovalev.

Balej, 22, has skated in 55 games this season for the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League (AHL), registering 25 goals and 33 assists for 58 points, along with 32 penalty minutes. He led the Bulldogs in every offensive category, while also ranking first on the club with a plus-19 rating. Balej is currently tied for third overall in the AHL with 25 tallies and is tied for fifth in scoring with 58 points. He was also selected as a member of the PlanetUSA squad at the 2004 AHL All-Star Classic on February 9.

The 6-1, 191-pounder has appeared in 94 career AHL contests with Hamilton, registering 42 goals and 49 assists for 91 points, along with 66 penalty minutes.

Prior to turning professional, Balej spent three seasons (1999-2002) with the Portland Winter Hawks of the Western Hockey League (WHL). In 176 career matches with Portland (WHL), Balej tallied 105 goals and 85 assists for 190 points, along with 103 penalty minutes. In his final season in 2002, he collected 51 goals and 41 assists for 92 points in 65 matches and was named to the WHL West First All-Star Team.

The native of Myjava, Slovakia was originally Montreals third round selection, 78th overall, in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.

Kovalev, 32, has appeared in 66 games for the Rangers this season, registering 13 goals and 29 assists for 42 points, along with 50 penalty minutes. In 492 career matches with New York, Kovalev tallied 142 goals and 188 assists for 330 points, along with 533 penalty minutes.

Hockey's Future has him rated as their sixth best prospect:

http://hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=1054

ALR83
03-02-04, 11:53 PM
I hate that it had to be done, but it had to be done. I wonder who goes next?

And so help me GOD if it's Leetch, I'm going to castrate Sather.

Rich
03-02-04, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by ALR83
I hate that it had to be done, but it had to be done. I wonder who goes next?

And so help me GOD if it's Leetch, I'm going to castrate Sather.

Yikes. :scared:

I would trade Leetch, but only if the Rangers get an objectively overwhelming offer (he says as he lowers his hands to protect himself).

ALR83
03-03-04, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Rich

I would trade Leetch, but only if the Rangers get an objectively overwhelming offer (he says as he lowers his hands to protect himself).

:lol: I WILL FREAKIN DO IT, I'M TELLING YOU!

Watch out, Rich, don't get on my bad side lol. :p

Anyway, do you really think they would get an overwheling offer for him? I pray they don't because it would KILL me to see him go. I know people don't think it's a big deal to have someone like Brian retire a Ranger, but it is a big deal. He's like Richter, a true Ranger. It would be a shame to see him leave.

pacewon
03-03-04, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Rich

I would do it only under 2 circumstances: 1) we get a very good, overwhelming offer, or 2) we send Leetch to a contender and give one of the classiest players and best defensemen all-time the chance to win another Cup before his career ends.