02-26-04, 07:35 PM
Play the Islanders for 82 games.

bakntime
02-26-04, 07:36 PM
oops :lol: meant to post this in "Other Sports". Oh well :lol:

YankeeNut18
02-26-04, 07:40 PM
It's about the only hope you guys have.

Oh well... Isles are still going to the playoffs.

YankeeNut18
02-26-04, 09:31 PM
At one point, Rangers fans were chanting "You Can't Beat Us." Isles fans came back with "12th Place Rangers."

Actually, I'm posting this and I found out they were also chanting "Out of Playoffs."

Then there was a huge brawl in the stands behind Snow.

ALR83
02-26-04, 11:48 PM
Dude, I'm beginning to wonder if you're a Rangers fan. http://www.webpost.net/we/Webspace/huh.gif You can't ever stay out of Ranger posts, which is fine (i guess), but yet when you do post you have nothing productive to say except childish stuff.

Anyway. It's too bad we only play them six times, these games are so exciting, and that's not even talking about the final scores.

ALR83
02-26-04, 11:49 PM
I missed the fight, I'm pissed. What part of the game is it that you could see it on tv?

YankeeNut18
02-26-04, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by ALR83
I missed the fight, I'm pissed. What part of the game is it that you could see it on tv?

I'm a Mass boy, so I have to settle for listening on radio. It was within the last five minutes behind Snow's net.

And "dude," I would never lower myself to be a Rangers fan. That's like being a Sox fan.

JeffWeaverFan
02-26-04, 11:56 PM
I hate that I am not able to get Rangers games here in Nashville, of course this year when I do come home and see them I usually am upset that I do. I have seen some of hte most disgraceful games ever by this Rangers team, it sounds like this one though was a good one and a good win. Hey, you never know, maybe we can win 19 games in a row and make the playoffs.

ALR83
02-27-04, 12:09 AM
Don't mock me and put dude in quotes, DUDE.

Rich
02-27-04, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by YankeeNut18

I'm a Mass boy, so I have to settle for listening on radio. It was within the last five minutes behind Snow's net.

And "dude," I would never lower myself to be a Rangers fan. That's like being a Sox fan.

Is math a problem?

2003 - 1918 = 85

2003 - 1983 = 20

2003 - 1994 = 9

YankeeNut18
02-27-04, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Rich

Is math a problem?

2003 - 1918 = 85

2003 - 1983 = 20

2003 - 1994 = 9

Nah, Rangers fans show the same mentality as Sox fans. At least Rangers fans have seena championship in their lifetime. Many generations of Sox fans haven't.

Rangers fans and Sox fans are just annoying, obnoxious and arrogant (with no reason to be arrogant). For arrogance see the "You can't beat us" chant.

Isles... Four consecutive cups. One of the most dominating teams EVER. '79-'80, '80-'81, '81-'82, '82-'83.

Rangers... '28, '33, '40, '94. Not exactly any dynastys right there.

And Rich... 1983 - 2004 = 21. 1993 - 2004 = 10

ALR83
02-27-04, 12:42 AM
You know, as a Yankee fan I would think you'd be smarter than to compare anyone to Sox fans.

I'm sorry, we're arrogant? If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. :lol:

YankeeNut18
02-27-04, 12:47 AM
You know, as a Yankee fan I would think you'd be smarter than to compare anyone to Sox fans.

I'm sorry, we're arrogant? If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. :lol:

Right now, we have a right to be, "dude."

ALR83
02-27-04, 12:55 AM
Mmmmm, I was gonna say something, but forget it. Definitely not worth it anymore.

tiyuri
02-27-04, 01:04 AM
Isles fans definately have the right to rub Rangers fans noses in it. After all, they went all the way to second round last year...errr....the year before that....errrr.....when was the last time the Isles got out of the first round? 1993? Well, at least they have regular season success to fall back on. I mean to read these threads the Isles must by leading the Atlantic or at least in a position to get home ice in the first round, right? Well, not so much, 8th place...wow that is a juggernaut.

okok, so they don't have post season or regular season success to hold over the Rangers fans heads the Isles have to be sticking it to the Rangers in head to head meetings. I mean the Rangers are a bad bad team they can't play defense or take a shot without having a stick break. The Isles are clinging to a playoff spot so surely they did well in the season series against the Rangers?

0-6-0-0 not even a pity point for an OTL.

What exactly are the Isles fans crowing about?

Devils fans (if there are any on these boards) have the right to say anything they want. Their team won last year and they will probably have another strong playoffs this year (if Stevens comes back). Isles fans, OTOH, really have nothing. First round playoff exits are not impressive.

ALR83
02-27-04, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by tiyuri
Devils fans (if there are any on these boards)

For some reason that made me laugh. :lol:

yankeesnum1
02-27-04, 08:29 AM

Buffalo is only 6 points behind you

bakntime
02-27-04, 12:38 PM

To get embarrassed in the first round, if they make it.

Nah, Rangers fans show the same mentality as Sox fans.

I don't even know what that means. There's like a dozen things wrong with that kind of generalization. It drives me nuts anyway when people say "Yankees fans" or "Red Sox Fans" or "Rangers fans" in general anyway. You can't generalize/stereotype people like that.

But anyway, going 6 for 6 against the Isles is nice, but I'd still trade it for a good team. I've been a die hard Rangers fan my whole life, and aside from occasional teasing and the general fan banter, I've never been mean spirited towards fans of another team.

And whether you're only rubbing it in to specific Rangers fans on this board or not, it kinda pisses me off that you're gloating and bitching at "Rangers Fans".

yeahimweird
02-27-04, 12:51 PM

I'm not going to brag until we clinch a spot in the playoffs. It's important they win in Buffalo tonight.

We have done well against playoff caliber teams this year (save Montreal), and if we do make it (which I think they will), I think our chances are much better than they have been for the last couple years.

Hitman23
02-27-04, 01:04 PM
Rangers fans and Sox fans are just annoying, obnoxious and arrogant (with no reason to be arrogant). For arrogance see the "You can't beat us" chant.Hey it's the only thing we got!! You took the fishstick jerseys from us!!! :lol:

I am not an arrogant Rangers fan. Never was. Yes, I'd rub it in the nose of the Isles fans when they were equally as horrible as the Rangers are right now just a few years ago, but that is warranted. Just like it is waranted now for you to rub it in our faces. Doesn't make us arrogant. And as far as being like Sox fans, you don't hear "Islanders Suck!" and Rangers games when they aren't playing the Isles. You ALWAYS hear "Rangers Suck!" chants at the colesium during EVERY game.

And the thing is, you can't beat us. :cool:

yeahimweird
02-27-04, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Hitman23
Hey it's the only thing we got!! You took the fishstick jerseys from us!!! :lol:

Don't remind me about those horrible jerseys.

:lol:

I went to a game a while back, when the Islanders had just changed it to the Gordon's Fisherman on their jerseys and the dude next to us started calling them fishsticks and he was an Islanders fan! You know it's bad when your own fans start ragging on you about how stupid your jerseys look. :lol:

Hitman23
02-27-04, 01:33 PM
I milked that fishstick thing for everything it was worth. I knew it would go away after a while so I had to. It's a very precious memory. :)

YankeeNut18
02-27-04, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Hitman23
Hey it's the only thing we got!! You took the fishstick jerseys from us!!! :lol:

I am not an arrogant Rangers fan. Never was. Yes, I'd rub it in the nose of the Isles fans when they were equally as horrible as the Rangers are right now just a few years ago, but that is warranted. Just like it is waranted now for you to rub it in our faces. Doesn't make us arrogant. And as far as being like Sox fans, you don't hear "Islanders Suck!" and Rangers games when they aren't playing the Isles. You ALWAYS hear "Rangers Suck!" chants at the colesium during EVERY game.

And the thing is, you can't beat us. :cool:

The fishsticks sweaters were embarrassing. I never bought anything with that logo. Bad enough the team was being laughed at, didn't need to be wearing that logo.

Steve, you're one of the few non-arrogant Rangers fans I've encountered. The ones up in Mass., and Vermont are, but maybe it's a New England thing... I've never had any good experiences with Rangers fans.

Hitman23
02-27-04, 03:25 PM
The fishsticks sweaters were embarrassing. I never bought anything with that logo. Bad enough the team was being laughed at, didn't need to be wearing that logo.

Steve, you're one of the few non-arrogant Rangers fans I've encountered. The ones up in Mass., and Vermont are, but maybe it's a New England thing... I've never had any good experiences with Rangers fans. Yeha they were the worst. It was great!!

Yeah I have no reason to be arrogant. I know everything comes in cycles and the rangers are going to suck, then be good, suck again and hopefully one day be good. What goes around comes around so you gotta be careful!!

Stick Michael
02-27-04, 09:32 PM
This is would be good first step in the right direction...

YankeeNut18
02-27-04, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Stick Michael

:lol:

Can you do that picture with Mike Milbury's face.

ALR83
02-27-04, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Stick Michael

http://forums.nyyfans.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1159613

:lol:!!!

I'll do it. :mad:

Rich
02-27-04, 09:56 PM

:lol:!!!

I'll do it. :mad:

Today? ;)

ALR83
02-27-04, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Rich
Today? ;)

Yesterday.

PeteRFNY
02-29-04, 01:14 AM
Ha! Rangers fans still chant 'Potvin Sucks' - and the guy hasn't played in how many years??? That'd be like Boston fans chanting "Horace Clark SUCKS" when the Yankees are in town. That's certainly lamer than saying the other team "sucks". Lord knows I've heard Yankee fans direct it toward visiting teams on many occasions.

Not that I'm defending these "something sucks" chants - think they're all kind of lame and infantile.

Back when the Yanks really sucked, it was a moral victory if they were just better than the Mets. As an Isles fan, I've always been the same when it comes to the stRangers. However, I'll be the first to admit that they need to get out of the first round this year if they are going to get any respect.

And they need to not get too geeked up the way they did all year with the Rangers. They literally worked themselves up and out of each game. I've never seen the hideous goaltending I've seen during those games the rest of the year.

If that happens, the Isles will be joining the Rags on the green in short order. Can't be having that happen.

Petezs