PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Damon's Latest Hairstyle

Yankee Bulldawg
02-26-04, 11:13 AM
To me he looks like he's trying to do his best impersonation of Jezus with the long hair and beard. (No harm intended)

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040225/i/r3976167190.jpg

Michaels07
02-26-04, 11:16 AM
He look`s like a Neanderthal, fits in well with that Boston crowd.:P

NDBoston
02-26-04, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Michaels07
He look`s like a Neanderthal, fits in well with that Boston crowd.:P

I haven't seen many poetry readings at Yankee Stadium either.

Actually Damon looks more like Unfrozen Caveman Centerfielder

WindRavenX
02-26-04, 11:20 AM
.....kinda looks like he's walkin' on water though...:uhh: :uhh:

GimeMoMuny
02-26-04, 11:25 AM
Wow... Caveman Up!?

Big_E
02-26-04, 11:33 AM
SASQUATCH!

Thorn
02-26-04, 11:34 AM
omg he looks like a retard:lol:

C-BUS CLIPPER
02-26-04, 11:35 AM
What a freak!!!! He will fit in well with all the other scrubs the Red Sux have on their team.

RhodyYanksFan
02-26-04, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by NDBoston

Actually Damon looks more like Unfrozen Caveman Centerfielder

:lol: Perfect analogy...i hope he keeps it

"Fenway...GOOOOOD!"

Irabu's Son
02-26-04, 11:56 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA My roommate last year used to say he looked like Bruce Lee, but this takes the cake. I don't even know really what to say.

DkNNy79
02-26-04, 12:02 PM
:uhh:

OilCan
02-26-04, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan

:lol: Perfect analogy...i hope he keeps it

"Fenway...GOOOOOD!"

I think SImmons came up with that one. :)

"I'm just a centerfielder, your world frightens and confuses me."

flutie22
02-26-04, 12:29 PM
on the one of the local news stations here in boston, they had footage of damon blessing people and telling them to see his new movie."passion of the christ." it was pretty hysterical.

bakntime
02-26-04, 12:31 PM
What... in the heck.... is THAT? :uhh:

I'm SO glad the Yankees have grooming rules.

Irabu's Son
02-26-04, 12:58 PM
I hope he keeps it like that the whole season. That'll be hysterical.

Carissa
02-26-04, 01:01 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/02/26/hairs_johnny_damon_shocks

This was just Damon after all, as colorful and unconventional as ever. Good thing he doesn't work for George Steinbrenner, who would promptly dispatch him to the barber.

"[General manager] Theo [Epstein] told me I can keep it," Damon said of his look, one of the wildest in the game. "I don't think we want to compare ourselves to the Yankees. We'll do everything the opposite of what they do."

yup, the opposite ==> including winning. ;)

Irabu's Son
02-26-04, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Carissa
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/02/26/hairs_johnny_damon_shocks

Another thing is, almost all the Sux shaved their heads going into the ALCS last year, and look what happened with that. Maybe now Damon is trying to do the complete opposite of that to "Reverse the curse".

It won't work. :D

StaceyRosie
02-26-04, 01:03 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!

Awesome Carissa.

Carissa
02-26-04, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by StaceyRosie
HAHAHAHAHA!

Awesome Carissa. Thanks but I can't take the credit for it. A good friend passed it along to me. :)

Ca-ching!
02-26-04, 01:19 PM
fenway....GOOD!!!

I love that one!

funny how y'all have this fixation with Boston where as on the Boston fan websites they have a fixation on spring training and their players

DkNNy79
02-26-04, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by GimeMoMuny
Wow... Caveman Up!?

It fits perfectly.

StaceyRosie
02-26-04, 01:21 PM
HA!

Right Boston definitely doesn't have a fixation with us at all......

I'm sure if I or anyone else found a picture of another player on another team who looks like a Cro Magnon man we would post it.

Hitman23
02-26-04, 01:23 PM
yup, the opposite ==> including winning. ;) :lol: nice burn Carissa!!!

that picture of Damon is priceless. Someone give him a Wilson volleyball.

Ca-ching!
02-26-04, 01:26 PM
it APPEARS that the fixation is only on sided

Carissa
02-26-04, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Ca-ching!
fenway....GOOD!!!

I love that one!

funny how y'all have this fixation with Boston where as on the Boston fan websites they have a fixation on spring training and their players Why don't you check out Yankees Discussion where we have a fixation on spring training and our players?

KC
02-26-04, 01:28 PM
"[General manager] Theo [Epstein] told me I can keep it," Damon said of his look, one of the wildest in the game. "I don't think we want to compare ourselves to the Yankees. We'll do everything the opposite of what they do."

:lol: I can just see the Sox getting their first hit of the season and running to 3rd backwards.

smr15
02-26-04, 01:29 PM
fenway....GOOD!!!

I love that one!

funny how y'all have this fixation with Boston where as on the Boston fan websites they have a fixation on spring training and their players
And yet, here you are, on a Yankee website, with the name "Ca-ching!" (obviously NOT meant to be a knock, right? yeah, ok)..... and you're chastizing us?

Yeah.
Ok.

Jim F.
02-26-04, 01:31 PM
"I'll wait on the side of the street and when a car starts coming, I'll race it to my house," he said. "So I know I can go at least 25 [m.p.h.]. Sometimes I scare them because they see this caveman running along."

Best quote ever.

NDBoston
02-26-04, 01:32 PM
Why don't you check out Yankees Discussion where we have a fixation on spring training and our players?

I think both sides can admit they are watching the other VERY carefully.

Anyone who can't admit that is in denial.

Hitman23
02-26-04, 01:35 PM
it APPEARS that the fixation is only on sided take off your blinders my friend. Many Sox fans hate the Yanks more then they love the Sox. And that is an unhealthy obsession. If the Sox don't make the playoffs but beat the Yanks in the season series, you consider it a successful season.

We enjoy burning the Sox whenever we can, but when it comes down to it we're all about the Yanks winning. Take a peak in Yankee Discussion.

Hitman23
02-26-04, 01:36 PM
I think both sides can admit they are watching the other VERY carefully.

Anyone who can't admit that is in denial. That is a very good way of putting it. :cool:

domnyyfan
02-26-04, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Hitman23
:lol: nice burn Carissa!!!

that picture of Damon is priceless. Someone give him a Wilson volleyball.

:lol: :lol:

What happens to players in Boston? They come in looking ok and up up like that?!? Scary!

ring403
02-26-04, 01:48 PM

Let me get this straight. You're a Red Sox fan who took the time to register at a site devoted to the Yankees just to tell us how fixated we are with the Red Sox??

bakntime
02-26-04, 01:53 PM
fenway....GOOD!!!

I love that one!

I haven't really thought much about the Sox, really. Mostly just comparing because they are our biggest competitor in the East. Know thy enemy..

As for being "fixated"... I'm not the one posting on the other team's message boards.

RhodyYanksFan
02-26-04, 01:56 PM
fenway....GOOD!!!

I love that one!

Well you see this is the non-Yankees area of the Yankees message board. You'll see 80,000 posts up there about the Yankees and spring training.

Ca-ching!
02-26-04, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by ring403

Let me get this straight. You're a Red Sox fan who took the time to register at a site devoted to the Yankees just to tell us how fixated we are with the Red Sox??

not a sox fan per se, more an MLB fan, I just live in the area and read/listen to a lot of the talk, I am interested in all teams

penguin4
02-26-04, 02:12 PM
Can you imagine if Steinbrenner got ahold of him? "I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO SHAVE THOSE SIDEBURNS!!":lol:

caroline331
02-26-04, 02:15 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

looks like a neanderthal

ring403
02-26-04, 02:18 PM

not a sox fan per se, more an MLB fan, I just live in the area and read/listen to a lot of the talk, I am interested in all teams

If you want to see an example of fixation, here's an experiment. Try a Google search using the words "Yankees suck", then do another search using the words "Red Sox suck". See what you find out.

penguin4
02-26-04, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by ring403

If you want to see an example of fixation, here's an experiment. Try a Google search using the words "Yankees suck", then do another search using the words "Red Sox suck". See what you find out.
Dude! 11,300-973! I guess Sox fans have beat the Yankees in something for once...;)

NDBoston
02-26-04, 02:51 PM
take off your blinders my friend. Many Sox fans hate the Yanks more then they love the Sox. And that is an unhealthy obsession. If the Sox don't make the playoffs but beat the Yanks in the season series, you consider it a successful season.

We enjoy burning the Sox whenever we can, but when it comes down to it we're all about the Yanks winning. Take a peak in Yankee Discussion.

I have some land to sell you too if you're interested.

Sorry, but that's complete and utter bull****.

Hitman23
02-26-04, 02:55 PM
I have some land to sell you too if you're interested.

Sorry, but that's complete and utter bull****. oh yeah? Why is it that when I went to a Sox/Jays game in Fenway I hear chants of "Yankees Suck". Fans wearing the shirts. We're not playing you. Why is it during a superbowl victory parade you're chanting "Yankees Suck"?? Dude, face it, a majority of Sox fans feel this way. Maybe you don't. And hey, good for you.

Pedro's cuff
02-26-04, 03:13 PM
So you took a poll? Was it all adults over 18 or just registered voters?

NDBoston
02-26-04, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Pedro's cuff
So you took a poll? Was it all adults over 18 or just registered voters?

He used Zogby

pacewon
02-26-04, 03:17 PM
I guess I'll have to update the Johnny Damon pictures I made and put beards on them...

http://forums.nyyfans.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1024956

pacewon
02-26-04, 03:19 PM
:smokin:

http://forums.nyyfans.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1024919

pacewon
02-26-04, 03:22 PM
:D

pacewon
02-26-04, 03:25 PM
That's more like it

Ca-ching!
02-26-04, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by penguin4

Dude! 11,300-973! I guess Sox fans have beat the Yankees in something for once...;)

I personally can't stand the whole yankees suck boston suck thing...

and it's not a majority, its a minority

I hear the same amount of Boston sucks chants at YS as I do Yankees suck chants at fenway

deranged2005
02-26-04, 03:33 PM
Awful

Hitman23
02-26-04, 03:33 PM
I hear the same amount of Boston sucks chants at YS as I do Yankees suck chants at fenway Yeah, during a Yanks/Sox game when it's appropriate.

Hitman23
02-26-04, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Pedro's cuff
So you took a poll? Was it all adults over 18 or just registered voters? I tried but the chads confused them. :)

NDBoston
02-26-04, 03:52 PM
I tried but the chads confused them. :)

You polled Senior Citizens in Palm Beach County, Florida?

Hitman23
02-26-04, 03:56 PM
You polled Senior Citizens in Palm Beach County, Florida? Well, I needed a crowd that's actually seen their local team win a championship in their lifetime.

ACPS
02-26-04, 04:10 PM
Chicks dig the mullet.

CrazyNY
02-26-04, 04:15 PM
Why don't you check out Yankees Discussion where we have a fixation on spring training and our players? Would that be the place where there is a discussion about what chants you can use when the Sox come to town? Or how 'bout the thread about how 2018, or 100 years of the Sox not winning, is fast approaching? Maybe you're talking about the thread on Pedro Martinez.

I have to say, I've been shocked at how much Red Sox obsession there seems to be over here. Sure, Sox fans are obsessed with the Yankees. We'd have a hard time arguing otherwise, but I'm surprised how much attention you all give to the Sox.

NDBoston
02-26-04, 04:20 PM
Well, I needed a crowd that's actually seen their local team win a championship in their lifetime.

The New England Patriots say hello

Hitman23
02-26-04, 04:21 PM
The New England Patriots say hello you need to ask yourself, are you truly happy and satisfied with that?

You knew what I meant. :badass:

NDBoston
02-26-04, 04:25 PM
you need to ask yourself, are you truly happy and satisfied with that?

You knew what I meant. :badass:

YOu seem to be the expert on what a Boston fan thinks and feels. Maybe you should be answering the question.

:rolleyes:

Hitman23
02-26-04, 04:27 PM
YOu seem to be the expert on what a Boston fan thinks and feels. Maybe you should be answering the question.

:rolleyes: way to kill the joke man. You're no fun to play with. I'm done with you.

NDBoston
02-26-04, 04:39 PM
way to kill the joke man. You're no fun to play with. I'm done with you.

Does this mean I don't see the poll numbers now?

:lol:

cubswin
02-26-04, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by ACPS
Chicks dig the mullet.

Not really a mullet, is it?