PDA

View Full Version : Hockey



SuperMario66
02-26-04, 10:49 AM
Does anybody care about hockey at all?? I understand that it is a hard sport to watch on television, but there is nothing better in person. Anyone else a hockey fan??

harley
02-26-04, 10:54 AM
I have been a huge ranger fan since I can remember - almost as long as I have loved the yankees ... but lets see 7 years and no playoff appearance ... it is just beyond pathetic ...hockey was my fav spectator sport for so many years, an ex of mine was a semi pro player and I could watch any two teams play ... loved watching the 70's Flyers teams ... the incredible run of the islanders and oilers ... still am in love with Ken Dryden ... but these days , whether it is because the only real team we have in the area plays in new jersey or the fact that since 1994 , it looks like at least another 54 years before the rangers do something ... just nothing special anymore ... oh and when all th pros started playing in the olympics ... that totally blew it for me ... no more Miracles on Ice ....

Hitman23
02-26-04, 11:03 AM
They are few and far between on this site, but we have a handfull of hockey fans here. They consist of a dozen or so frustrated Rangers fans (like me), two or three gloating Islander fans, one Habs fan, two or three very quiet Devils fans and a couple of really annoying Flyers fans.

yeahimweird
02-26-04, 11:20 AM
I LOVE hockey. It's my second favorite sport behind baseball.

I'm an Islanders fan, but I'm not gloating....yet. ;) :lol:

YankeeNut18
02-26-04, 01:15 PM
I love hockey. Follows baseball as my second favorite sport.


I'm an Islanders fan and I'll gloat as soon as we're raising the cup in June :D

Hitman23
02-26-04, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by YankeeNut18
I'm an Islanders fan and I'll gloat as soon as we're raising the cup in June :D I can pretty much assume you'll be gloating when you clinch your playoff spot. :mad:

Big_E
02-26-04, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Hitman23
I can pretty much assume you'll be gloating when you clinch your playoff spot. :mad:

Or when the Rangers are eliminated from post-season possibility, which ever comes first... :D

YankeeNut18
02-26-04, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Big_E


Or when the Rangers are eliminated from post-season possibility, which ever comes first... :D


E... are you an Islanders fan?

Winger03
02-26-04, 02:03 PM
I used to play (2 broken legs in one calendar year put a stop to that), most currently a referee (now on hold as I recover from the second broken leg), but curiously do not have much of an interest in the NHL. However, I am related by marriage to a cousin of "The Rick".

Hitman23
02-26-04, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Big_E
Or when the Rangers are eliminated from post-season possibility, which ever comes first... :D yeah that pretty much happened opening night.

#1PaFan
02-26-04, 02:20 PM
Figure skaters with attitudes. :)

Hitman23
02-26-04, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan
Figure skaters with attitudes. :) Dude you and I are gonna have to go have a beer and discuss a few things. :gulp:

YankeeNut18
02-26-04, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Winger03
I used to play (2 broken legs in one calendar year put a stop to that), most currently a referee (now on hold as I recover from the second broken leg), but curiously do not have much of an interest in the NHL. However, I am related by marriage to a cousin of "The Rick".



The Rick? D-P? Tracy's sexy beast??? Can you get me an autograph I'll do anything for you if you can hook that up. :D

RhodyYanksFan
02-26-04, 03:25 PM
I played hockey from 5-12 grades in Westchester. We practiced at Playland and sometimes a few Rangers would be there and they'd come on ice and coach us. I'll never forget the day that Adam Graves helped us shoot on John Vanbiesbrouck. I love hockey, even though the Rangers are a heartbreak team. Everybody needs one. My favorite teams besides them are the Avalanche (Roy) and Dallas (Modano). While it is hard to watch on TV, there is nothing better then the playoffs. I can't wait.

SuperMario66
02-26-04, 03:54 PM
Obviously I am a Pens fan... not much fun here lately...just wondering if any of ya'll cared. Looks like you do... a little.

penguin4
02-26-04, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Hitman23
They are few and far between on this site, but we have a handfull of hockey fans here. They consist of a dozen or so frustrated Rangers fans (like me), two or three gloating Islander fans, one Habs fan, two or three very quiet Devils fans and a couple of really annoying Flyers fans.
You calling me annoying, Steve? You want to take this outside???;)

Hitman23
02-26-04, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by SuperMario66
Obviously I am a Pens fan... not much fun here lately...just wondering if any of ya'll cared. Looks like you do... a little. haven't seen you post in so long I forgot there was a Pens fan aboard. Welcome to our hell. :)

Hitman23
02-26-04, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by penguin4
You calling me annoying, Steve? You want to take this outside???;) you got an awesome team and you beat our asses over and over. yeah, you're annoying. :cool:

Ct.Fan
02-26-04, 05:25 PM
Rangers Season Ticket Holder Here&po'd& &po'd& Fire Sather...NOW!

penguin4
02-26-04, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Ct.Fan
Rangers Season Ticket Holder Here&po'd& &po'd& Fire Sather...NOW!
Too late. He resigned (at least as coach).

penguin4
02-26-04, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Hitman23
you got an awesome team and you beat our asses over and over. yeah, you're annoying. :cool:
Now you sound like a Sox fan. (Except they probably wouldn't admit to the Yankees being "awesome"...;))

YankeeNut18
02-26-04, 06:32 PM
Anyone know when the NHL trade deadline is?

yeahimweird
02-26-04, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by YankeeNut18
Anyone know when the NHL trade deadline is?

I believe it's March 9th.

YankeeNut18
02-26-04, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by yeahimweird


I believe it's March 9th.


Cool :) Going to get my jersey(s) after then. Have to make sure that Mariusz and Oleg are still on the team :)

Winger03
02-27-04, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by YankeeNut18




The Rick? D-P? Tracy's sexy beast??? Can you get me an autograph I'll do anything for you if you can hook that up. :D

I'd like to, just as soon as I get the game worn jersey I've been asking for.

Ct.Fan
02-28-04, 12:21 PM
I still say Fire Sather! Load up the corporate jet and take his rear end back to Western Canada. Dolan is also a joke- he has no clue.

yeahimweird
02-28-04, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by YankeeNut18



Cool :) Going to get my jersey(s) after then. Have to make sure that Mariusz and Oleg are still on the team :)

I sure hope they are. Oleg had a goal and 2 assists last night and Mariusz had a goal and an assist last night.

:D

I also have to mention my sexy beast, Rick, for making a career high 42 saves last night. ;) :D

patrick.o
02-28-04, 01:57 PM
I'm the lonely Canadiens fan. I love hockey and would like to be more into my team, but it's tough to be while living in CT. The internet is helpful to get boxscores and such and because I can listen to games on CJAD, but without getting to actually see the games it's hard to assess what really going on, who's doing what, etc. The Habs get little to no national tv coverage these days and I live too far south to get NESN and too far north to get MSG so I'm relegated to watching 4 games a year against the Devils on YES. It's a sad state of affairs for a guy who grew up Maine and got to watch the Habs almost every week on Hockey Night in Canada and also a whole lot of times against the Bruins on channel 38 out of Boston.

So while I'd like to talk a little smack here and there, to talk up Theodore and Koivu and Ribeiro and Zednick and Souray and Brisebois, and to joust with the fans of local teams when the Habs beat the Rangers, like last week :cool:, or the Isles, like Feb 5th :cool:, or the Flyers, like Jan 20th :cool:, I just don't get to see them enough to feel confident in my knowlegde of them. I frankly have no idea which guys are getting back on D, who's winning the battles in the corners, who's passes are clean and crisp, who consistently finishes their checks, etc.

Life was dandy before Peter Karmanos got Gary Betman's blessing to rip the NHL out of Hartford. But they didn't just break the hearts of Whalers fans, they squashed things for the rest of us who used to be able to drive 20 minutes to see our favorite teams a couple times a year. Here's one for you, Karmanos :finger2: and one for you too Betman :finger2: Dirty lying underhanded scumbag ****ers.

yankeesrule2000
02-28-04, 02:49 PM
I am a Hockey fan and love the Rangers..

BillBuckner
02-29-04, 03:44 PM
LOVE IT. I dont think it gets nearly enough respect. Its probably the hardest sport to play.

patrick.o
03-01-04, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by patrick.o
I'm relegated to watching 4 games a year against the Devils on YES.
You know, I was trying to figure out why if the Habs were on Yes 4 times a year when they played the Devils I never see them. And then it dawned on me, it's because the Devils aren't on Yes. Duh.

#1PaFan
03-03-04, 12:28 AM
WAY too much French in hockey. WAY too little teeth, too. AND, that's just the Fans!

:evil: :smokin: :gulp:

tiyuri
03-03-04, 12:29 PM
Two words man, Center Ice! It is like crack for a hockey fan. You would get almost all Canadiens games (and every other team too). If you are really outside the Rangers/Devils/Islanders and Bruins territories than you would never have to worry about games being blacked out.

Buckeye Yank
03-03-04, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Hitman23
and a couple of really annoying Flyers fans. Yet cool, right???? :lol:

patrick.o
03-03-04, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by tiyuri
Two words man, Center Ice!
The problem is that Center Ice just isn't very cost effective for me. The cost of upgrading to digital cable plus the cost of Center Ice would end up banging me almost 400 bucks a year. I lead a pretty busy life and I figure I'd end up watching about 25-30 games a year. That breaks down to about $13-$16 bucks per game!