PDA

View Full Version : If I were Soriano...

Sixty one
02-25-04, 09:53 AM
I would learn to play centerfield for the Rangers and continue to mature as a hitter. Therefore, in two years when he becomes a free agent he'll be able to come back to the pinstripers as their centerfield just in time for the Bernie/Lofton era to be over!

NelsonMuntz
02-25-04, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Sixty one
I would learn to play centerfield for the Rangers and continue to mature as a hitter. Therefore, in two years when he becomes a free agent he'll be able to come back to the pinstripers as their centerfield just in time for the Bernie/Lofton era to be over!
Perhaps, but the first thing he should do is learn to not swing at a curveball 3 feet off the plate.

Irabu's Son
02-25-04, 10:53 AM

Of course that's what we fans WANT him to do.. but maybe he has some anymosity toward the organization for trading him? It's possible he won't want to come back.

That said, if possible, I'd rather have Nick Johnson back :D

Dooley Womack
02-25-04, 10:46 PM
Sori is proving what people suspected of him - that he's selfish and unwilling to go the extra mile for the team.

Hello A-Rod!

SuperMario66
02-26-04, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Dooley Womack
Sori is proving what people suspected of him - that he's selfish and unwilling to go the extra mile for the team.

Hello A-Rod!

I don't know that I would go that far with it. The thought of him being "just a kid" kinda went out the window with that whole 2 years older thing, but I do believe he has some amazing years left in him.

Babe Rules
02-26-04, 07:32 AM

He'll become a FA in three years (after 2006 season) and I think before that the Yankees will sign a centerfielder (probably Beltran)

Michaels07
02-26-04, 09:54 AM

Beltran will be in center.

Big_E
02-26-04, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Michaels07

Beltran will be in center.

Of course, we all thought Vlad would be in right field in 2004, too...

Sixty one
02-26-04, 03:58 PM
I think that Soriano who will be about 30 years old will be in his prime and a bigger star than Beltran!

Mr. Mxylsplk
02-26-04, 04:45 PM
I think that Soriano who will be about 30 years old will be in his prime and a bigger star than Beltran!
Could be, but don't bet on it.

pachyderm
02-26-04, 07:11 PM

Soriano got lucky, because Rangers 2B Michael Young has decide to switch to short. Here is a suggestion for Dodgers fans, tell your new GM DePosata to get Soriano from the Rangers for his bat. Remember, Soriano was the only 30/30 guy in Yankee history, so you can't lose with this trade.

Stupid Flanders
02-27-04, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by pachyderm
Soriano was the only 30/30 guy in Yankee historyBarry has a dad, and he played for the Yanks in 1975.

FutureYankee
02-27-04, 05:46 PM
was his name bobby? :lol:

RedGlare
02-27-04, 06:56 PM
If Soriano moves to the outfield he definantly would become great outfielder... but if he stays at second he can become the greatest second basemen ever.
I think that is what Sori sees.

Sixty one
02-28-04, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by RedGlare
If Soriano moves to the outfield he definantly would become great outfielder... but if he stays at second he can become the greatest second basemen ever.
I think that is what Sori sees.

I don't think he'll be the greatest defensive second baseman ever, but as an outfielder I think he would be good defensively and great as an offensive hitting machine. The only question I have would be can he overcome his weakness of going after outside pitches and therefore, striking out too frequently?