PDA

View Full Version : Best Bullpen In Baseball?

TripleG23
02-23-04, 04:47 PM
Who do you think has the best bullpen in baseball going into the 2004 Season? Just curious to see what everyone thought on this subject..

-Triple G

Yankyfan
02-23-04, 04:50 PM
If healthy the Yankee's.

KeepClaussen
02-23-04, 05:21 PM
Its pretty hard to figure out what any Bullpen is going to do. But I think the Dodgers in the NL and Angels in AL.

NJOBP36
02-23-04, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by KeepClaussen
Its pretty hard to figure out what any Bullpen is going to do. But I think the Dodgers in the NL and Angels in AL.

I agree with those two as the best, the Angels IMO have the best in baseball. The Mariners bullpen has a few young arms, especially Soriano. He's got great stuff, unless he has endurance problems I'm not sure why he's not in their rotation which needs help.

sanfranciscojetergirl
02-23-04, 06:06 PM
The Oakland A's.

aeromac76
02-23-04, 06:08 PM
Yankees if healthy have a really diesel pen. Karsay, Gordon, Quantrill, White and Heredia leading to Mo.
That is as good as it gets, trouble is are they healthy and will they stay so? And how to get everyone enough work...

But I think they look really good.,..

WiffleWOOD
02-23-04, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by sanfranciscojetergirl
The Oakland A's.

rhodes and rincon make up a better pen then the yanks, angels, or sox for that matter? i don't see how that can be justified...

NJOBP36
02-23-04, 06:49 PM
Not saying they're the best, but don't forget Bradford for the A's.

Call Me Bambino
02-23-04, 06:51 PM
With a dominant Rivera, a healthy Karsay, a full season from White and Heredia, and Gordon and Quantrill added to the mix, I have to go with the Yankees. Though I feel like they need a legit long-reliever, and I don't know if Karsay is the answer there.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
02-23-04, 08:46 PM
Still LA. Mota is now the #1 rated set-up man in all of baseball. They lost Quantrill, but Martin and Shuey were terrific last season, too. And since the Dodgers now having 7 guys capable of starting, latest speculation is that it's into the bullpen for Darren Dreifort and also Wilson Alvarez, who was phenomenal last season: 2.37 ERA in 21 games, 12 of them starts. And then, of course, there is Gagne. Maybe there is hope for them after all...

WIZ
02-23-04, 10:39 PM
1.)Yankees 2.)Angels

TripleG23
02-24-04, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by aeromac76
Yankees if healthy have a really diesel pen. Karsay, Gordon, Quantrill, White and Heredia leading to Mo.
That is as good as it gets, trouble is are they healthy and will they stay so? And how to get everyone enough work...

But I think they look really good.,..

Well, as a Yankee Fan I have to agree they are the best bullpen in baseball. I like what they have done and hopefully this will be our best performance from the pen since 2001 the last year our old dominant pen was together.

A lot of other teams have made improvements though. Are the Astros still as good without Wagner? I think there bullpen has to be mentioned here. While maybe not as good as other pens still has a chance to be a factor.

The Angels have kept the core of that Bullpen with Percival, Weber, Donnelly, K-Rod together... The Dodgers still look good without Quantrill. Even though I hate to say it the Redsoxs look pretty strong in this area too.

I think it's a real toss up but I'll take my Yankees with Mo anyday. :D

-Triple G