PDA

View Full Version : Caption This

CalYankeeFan
02-23-04, 10:59 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040222/capt.fltd10102222055.astros_spring_fltd101.jpg

TannerBoyle
02-23-04, 11:12 AM
"Hey Andy, you know the best thing about not being on the Yankees anymore? We no longer have to miss the Duck-Duck-Goose World Championships held in October every year."

nyyfanatic85
02-23-04, 11:15 AM
They look way too happy out there...

Irabu's Son
02-23-04, 12:02 PM
"Hey Andy, I give it 3 minutes before Oswalt and Miller come over and sit on our pegs."

Jim F.
02-23-04, 12:27 PM
Forget captions, that would make a good source pic for a Photoshop contest. Hey Vito - you in? :lol:

-jim

Jim F.
02-23-04, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Jim F.
Forget captions, that would make a good source pic for a Photoshop contest. Hey Vito - you in? :lol:

-jim Nevermind, they posed for a picture for us :).

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040222/i/r3452120115.jpg

;)

25Giambi25
02-23-04, 12:34 PM
Nevermind, they posed for a picture for us :).

;)

Ugh, those two are beginning to make me sick. :barf:

Call Me Bambino
02-23-04, 12:56 PM
They're stretching. Seriously, leave the two guys alone. God forbid any major leaguer has friends or he's automatically porking him, huh? Nobody said Andy was gay with Kenny Rogers when they were buddies on the Yankees and Andy was upset they traded him. I'll tell you, if I ran this site, the next time somebody insinuated those two were gay, I'd ban them. This is disgusting that you can't possibly believe that maybe two adult males can be friends without being gay lovers.

TannerBoyle
02-23-04, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Call Me Bambino
They're stretching. Seriously, leave the two guys alone. God forbid any major leaguer has friends or he's automatically porking him, huh? Nobody said Andy was gay with Kenny Rogers when they were buddies on the Yankees and Andy was upset they traded him. I'll tell you, if I ran this site, the next time somebody insinuated those two were gay, I'd ban them. This is disgusting that you can't possibly believe that maybe two adult males can be friends without being gay lovers.

Amen brotha- for a group of fans who take such issue with the Yankee Suck Jeter Swallows garbage Sux fans come up with- this continuous, venomous slander of two EX-Yankees who don't matter anymore is both sad and hypocritical. I'm all for joking but the gay jokes are tired...

Jim F.
02-23-04, 01:14 PM
Uh oh, who let the PC police in the house?

:rolleyes:

Lighten the 'eff up.

-jim

Call Me Bambino
02-23-04, 01:19 PM
Uh oh, who let the PC police in the house?

:rolleyes:

Lighten the 'eff up.

-jim

This isn't about being PC, its about being obnoxious a**holes. People are just making up bs about a player the yankees pissed off and another who found a favorable situation. And, in addition, its not funny anymore. I'm simply just getting tired of hearing the same jokes about them. Leave them alone, they were great to us, and I'll miss them.

And you people wonder why nobody likes Yankee fans.

ACPS
02-23-04, 01:23 PM
Screw them both.

Jim F.
02-23-04, 01:56 PM
And, in addition, its not funny anymore. Actually, I still do find it funny. I know damn well Pettitte and Roger aren't gay lovers, but it's fun to joke about the situation. Do I want to read any more "Roger and Andy live together" articles? No. But I do get a chuckle from a newly released picture that has comical connotations.

So get a mirror, bend over, and commence the extraction.

-jim

Call Me Bambino
02-23-04, 02:00 PM
Actually, I still do find it funny. I know darn well Pettitte and Roger aren't gay lovers, but it's fun to joke about the situation. Do I want to read any more "Roger and Andy live together" articles? No. But I do get a chuckle from a newly released picture that has comical connotations.

So get a mirror, bend over, and commence the extraction.

-jim

Well, I guess humor is in the eye of the beholder, and if the beholder can't understand any jokes beyond insinuating someone's gay, then thats what you have to stick to. You have my pity.

Ciao
-okb

PalmerGA
02-23-04, 02:02 PM
Go nuts with this one!

WindRavenX
02-23-04, 02:04 PM
I think you'll find this one more amusing Jim...
:P

Bluesexy's daddy
02-23-04, 02:14 PM

This isn't about being PC, its about being obnoxious a**holes. People are just making up bs about a player the yankees pissed off and another who found a favorable situation. And, in addition, its not funny anymore. I'm simply just getting tired of hearing the same jokes about them. Leave them alone, they were great to us, and I'll miss them.

And you people wonder why nobody likes Yankee fans.

The pictures are mildly amusing. Some of the responses are hilarious.

Bluesexy's daddy
02-23-04, 02:17 PM

Well, I guess humor is in the eye of the beholder, and if the beholder

-okb

......is by any chance attempting the "extraction" that was reccomended than it's even more hilarious"

Jim F.
02-23-04, 02:18 PM
Palmer, Windy -- are those pictures different from the ones already posted somehow?

Well, I guess humor is in the eye of the beholder, and if the beholder can't understand any jokes beyond insinuating someone's gay, then thats what you have to stick to. You have my pity.

Ciao
-okb :rolleyes:

-jim

DkNNy79
02-23-04, 02:20 PM
Wow some people are touchy.

I guess we're not supposed to make fun of other team's players anymore, because its not nice. :rolleyes:

C-BUS CLIPPER
02-23-04, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by DkNNy79
Wow some people are touchy.

I guess we're not supposed to make fun of other team's players anymore, because its not nice. :rolleyes:

I totally agree. TAKE A CHILL.

SCREW ANDY & ROGER!!! :)

WindRavenX
02-23-04, 03:40 PM
Palmer, Windy -- are those pictures different from the ones already posted somehow?

No, they are the same- another thread was started in JC w. them and someone merged it w/ this one...

nahzo
02-23-04, 03:40 PM
"Hey Andy..."
"Yeah Rog?"
"Can I ask you something?"
"Of course Rog, you know me.."
"D-d-do you wish you were still a Yankee?"
"Yeah..."
"Oh good, I thought I was the only one! Weeeewwww!"

CalYankeeFan
02-23-04, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by WindRavenX

No, they are the same- another thread was started in JC w. them and someone merged it w/ this one...

But I was first :O

Just kiddin..slow day;)

YankyDave
02-23-04, 05:19 PM
Man Andy, being retired was the toughest five minutes of my life. Have you seen my Hummer?

PippyPinstripes
02-23-04, 05:36 PM
Nobody said Andy was gay with Kenny Rogers when they were buddies

For some reason, that sentence made me snort laughing :lol:

And for cryin out loud, nobody thinks they're freaking gay. We're joshing on the fact that they're joined at the hip. I, personally, would find the situation a lot less repulsive if they WERE gay lovers. It would explain their decisions a hell of a lot better.

CalYankeeFan
02-23-04, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by YankyDave
Man Andy, being retired was the toughest five minutes of my life. Have you seen my Hummer?

What about a hummer?

PinstripePride
02-23-04, 06:52 PM
Exactly how far can I go photoshopping these pictures before getting in trouble? That Andy picture with the tongue out can be easily made very, very bad. :evil:

The Q Bomb
02-23-04, 07:23 PM
Of course, Roger and Andy aren't gay lovers (I hope!) but they are actually putting themselves in this outlandish and lighthearted banter by celebrating their friendship to the point of ridiculousness. Alright, already! You're friends. Don't make a career out of it. Don't make it a marketing tool. Does Rocket pay this much attention to his own sons?!

FutureYankee
02-23-04, 08:21 PM
people lack an easygoing sense of humor... its all in fun folks.. all in fun

Irabu's Son
02-24-04, 07:27 AM
you ready??

"Hey Oswalt, SIT AND SPIN!!"

Call Me Bambino
02-24-04, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by FutureYankee
people lack an easygoing sense of humor... its all in fun folks.. all in fun

I certainly do not lack a sense of humor. I just don't find the same tired, slanderous joke to be funny the 50th time you guys make it. Especially since its just bitterness that they aren't playing for NY this year.

krystl
02-25-04, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by TannerBoyle
"Hey Andy, you know the best thing about not being on the Yankees anymore? We no longer have to miss the Duck-Duck-Goose World Championships held in October every year."
This was the funniest thing to me, don't know why. It's just the looks on their faces...looks like they really are playing Duck, Duck, Goose! :lol: :lol:

Ca-ching!
02-25-04, 11:43 AM
caption:

"So are we going to the WWE Raw Smack Down tonight?"

StaceyRosie
02-25-04, 12:45 PM

I certainly do not lack a sense of humor. I just don't find the same tired, slanderous joke to be funny the 50th time you guys make it. Especially since its just bitterness that they aren't playing for NY this year.

I don't think it's bitterness. It's fair game.

Just as the Marlins and Red Sox man lovin jokes were fair game as well.

And like people who root for other teams aren't now making fun of Jeter and Arod? Please....