PDA

View Full Version : AL East Win Totals 2004

NoVa YankeeFan
02-21-04, 04:47 PM
I've seen a lot of talk about the possibility of the Yankees approaching their 1998 season, but I just cannot see that happening.

The Yankees look great, but have tons of question marks, and it'd take almost everything going right to win 110 games.

The Sux addressed their main needs, and are loaded. I still believe that the entire lineup can't duplicate last year's production, but anyone who says 6 Sux had career years last year is probably mistaken. Guys like Trot and Ortiz are reaching their peak performing years.

Baltimore has very good defense and the ability to score some runs, the will win their share of 7-5 games (even against NY and Bos).

Toronto, in my eyes, is the tiger lurking in the tall grass, ready to pounce should the opportunity present itself. They quietly added some good arms and I would not be shocked to see them in 2nd place (behind NY/Bos) as late as July. It will be a bit of a wakeup call for both the Yankees and the Sux the first time they drop 2 of 3 in a series against the Jays.

Tampa: no comment.

There is going to be some unbelievable baseball in the AL East this season. There's a good chance that the Wild Card will not be from this division, as all the quality teams beat each other up enough to keep anyone from really running from the pack.

I cannot wait.

derekjeter916
02-21-04, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by NoVa YankeeFan
I cannot wait.

Me neither. :D

uconnhoopz123
02-21-04, 11:05 PM
tampa bay is a very good team. They got older this year and more experienced and got tino and jose cruz jr. Im not sure who else but i think they got some other player (s)

ruthianblast
02-22-04, 01:13 AM
I don't think their are going to be any 100 game winners in the AL this year. maybe exactly at 100 or 101 but i just don't see it happening, too much talent.

sugmasterflex
02-22-04, 06:41 AM
My prediction on wins in the AL East:

Yankees: 105

Red Sox: 102

Toronto: 95

Baltimore: 83

Tampa: 76