PDA

View Full Version : Kasparaitis is done and the wheels are turning

Hitman23
01-21-04, 08:56 AM
http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_news.jsp?articleID=v9259-mega2004-01-20T23-07-00-5-00&newsgroup=ice-hockey.nhl.news&sports=ice-hockey&team=Rangers&league=nhl

Looks like they're going to start the wheels in motion for a trade. Eventually this was going to happen. The defense is running on fumes right now. With Poti, de Vries and Kasper all out they cannot survive. Kasper is pretty much done for the season. It looks like another early departure for us this year.

silverdsl
01-21-04, 09:36 AM
Wow, I can't believe Kasparaitis is done for the season! Initially they were talking like it was just a minor sprain and he wouldn't miss a lot of time. Crazy that he ends up having a broken bone and other damage. But that seems to be par for the course for the Rangers that every injury ends up turning into the worst-case scenario.

-Deborah

bakntime
01-21-04, 10:00 AM
:rolleyes:

When does baseball start?

Same story every year.

Hitman23
01-21-04, 12:01 PM
I'm not giving up yet though. I have to keep thinking that something is going to click for a stretch of games and they're gonna rack up a bunch of points. If they make a smart trade, hopefully we can get something going. de Vries should be back in 2-3 weeks and hopefully Poti will be back soon. The big hit is Kasper. Hopefully that article I posted about them going for those Russian league defenseman holds some water. Trading Bure ain't no big deal either considering he hasn't played in a year.

I still think they should have tried for Ninnimaa last year instead of Carter. The Isles made the smart move. I like carter and what he's brought to the team but for years now we've needed defense and he just didn't make sense. Now it's time to change the strategy.

pacewon
01-21-04, 12:36 PM
Book it: Leetch will break his foot blocking a shot again within the next 10 games.

This is just depressing. The East is REALLY weak this year and I thought we'd have a chance to slip into the playoffs

bakntime
01-21-04, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Hitman23
I'm not giving up yet though.

I'm tired of this pattern:

1) Start out not expecting anything, but still intrigued by the possibilities.

2) Get teased a little and get hopeful

3) Be disappointed because it turns out to be the same old story, same old song and dance.

I'm tired of hearing their excuses. How long has this been going on now?

Hitman23
01-21-04, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by bakntime
I'm tired of hearing their excuses. How long has this been going on now? I know but you can't control the injuries. And putting aside for a second that they have pretty much ignored our weak defense, injuries is what's kept the Rangers out of the playoffs each year. Every year someone big goes down (Leetch, Richter, Bure) and no one is there to step it up. can you imagine where they'd be if Messier went out for 12 weeks?? Forget it we'd be in the cellar.

I agree though, that with all the money and resources the Rangers have to work with you'd think they at least be a playoff team.

bakntime
01-21-04, 01:13 PM
I know but you can't control the injuries. And putting aside for a second that they have pretty much ignored our weak defense, injuries is what's kept the Rangers out of the playoffs each year. Every year someone big goes down (Leetch, Richter, Bure) and no one is there to step it up. can you imagine where they'd be if Messier went out for 12 weeks?? Forget it we'd be in the cellar.

I agree though, that with all the money and resources the Rangers have to work with you'd think they at least be a playoff team.

I know. The injuries have absolutely killed the team. Still, it's year after year... other teams have injuries. It just gets lame after like 7 or so years of not making the playoffs, especially when half the teams in hockey make it.

YankeeNut18
01-21-04, 02:00 PM
I'm not giving up yet though.

Give up when the Isles get Yashin and Parrish back. This hurt the Isles immensely.

And I agree with you about the Carter trade. The Isles should've went after him last year, but in the end Niinimaa is a solid pick up. Gives the Isles a solid defender, a lot of ice time and assists. Him and Adrian Aucoin should be in contention for the Norris Trophy. Aucoin should be getting that. Averaging close to 28:00 on the ice and has 2 goals and 27 assists.

Hitman23
01-21-04, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by YankeeNut18
Him and Adrian Aucoin should be in contention for the Norris Trophy. Aucoin should be getting that. Averaging close to 28:00 on the ice and has 2 goals and 27 assists. Aucoin should be up as one of the Isles most valuable players.

ALR83
01-21-04, 06:10 PM
I'm not giving up yet though. I have to keep thinking that something is going to click for a stretch of games and they're gonna rack up a bunch of points.

It's January 21st, how much longer is it going to take for them to click? It's just ridiculous.

JeffWeaverFan
01-21-04, 11:44 PM
The Rangers are screwed now. We now have lost our two best defensive players for an exetended period of time. We needed another big defensive defenseman before Kasparitus and De Vries went out, now we need at least 2. Honestly, I was really starting to think that this year we would make the playoffs and maybe even do something when we got in them but now I doubt it... This is very upsetting.:( :( :(

Donnybaseball72
01-22-04, 08:37 AM

Give up when the Isles get Yashin and Parrish back. This hurt the Isles immensely.

And I agree with you about the Carter trade. The Isles should've went after him last year, but in the end Niinimaa is a solid pick up. Gives the Isles a solid defender, a lot of ice time and assists. Him and Adrian Aucoin should be in contention for the Norris Trophy. Aucoin should be getting that. Averaging close to 28:00 on the ice and has 2 goals and 27 assists.

Wow, most Islander fans I know are fustrated with Niinimaa and want to ship his ass off the island. He's solid but no Norris candidate. That would be Aucoin who is having a monster season.

bakntime
01-22-04, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ALR83

It's just ridiculous.

Look at my user status, man. It says it all. :rolleyes:

ALR83
01-22-04, 06:25 PM
Look at my user status, man. It says it all. :rolleyes:

Mine would have a couple of not so nice words in it. :lol:

So, who's ready to see our team get embarrassed on national tv tonight?

bakntime
01-22-04, 06:43 PM

Mine would have a couple of not so nice words in it. :lol:

So, who's ready to see our team get embarrassed on national tv tonight?

:gulp:

YankeeNut18
01-22-04, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Donnybaseball72

Wow, most Islander fans I know are fustrated with Niinimaa and want to ship his ass off the island. He's solid but no Norris candidate. That would be Aucoin who is having a monster season.

Janne's solid. Not have a typical Janne year, but he's still better than a lot of defense-men out there. If Aucoin doesn't get the Norris trophy, it's a damn shame.

yankeesnum1
01-22-04, 09:23 PM
Well, another Ranger hurt :(

Dunham has a mild concussion http://forum.zr2.com/ubb/noncgi/graemlins/no.gif

Hitman23
01-22-04, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by yankeesnum1

Unbelievable, huh?
What a horrible game. What's with Kovalev taking that dumbass penalty with 7 minutes to go and down by two?? Stupid hockey. :mad:

ALR83
01-22-04, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by yankeesnum1

I don't think one person can say they are surprised. I'm certainly not, it's just the Rangers "luck." I'm just absolutely sickened right now. Someday my prayers will be heard and Dolan will hear the fans cries and do something productive to help this team, and that does not mean making Sather trade for Jagr. I wish he would sell this team, he's got to be the worst owner in sports.

It's so sad I have to say this, but thank God Blackburn, Tyutin and Lundmark are hurt right now because we all know what would have happened by now if they weren't. I just hope Glen leaves the rest of the guys in Hartford that aren't hurt alone.

GOD DAMMIT I AM SO PISSED OFF. &po'd&

Hitman23
01-22-04, 10:36 PM
but thank God Blackburn, Tyutin and Lundmark are hurt right now because we all know what would have happened by now if they weren't. I hate to say it but you're right. I wish they were playing but with what's going on with this team right now it's better off.

JeffWeaverFan
01-23-04, 12:35 AM

Unbelievable, huh?
What a horrible game. What's with Kovalev taking that dumbass penalty with 7 minutes to go and down by two?? Stupid hockey. :mad:
That was one of the worst Ranger games I have ever seen. It was a complete disgrace. I don't think I saw one good hit by a Ranger all game. Not only that but none of the guys seemed like they wanted to mix it up to at least get the team motivated. Words cannot express what I thought of that performance tonight.&po'd&

ALR83
01-23-04, 12:44 AM
What's everyone's feel on all this Jagr talk? My take is that it's just like the past however many years that they've done this, get the superstar who will come here and suck. It's the same thing over and over again. Will they ever learn that this DOESN'T work?

Rich
01-23-04, 12:52 AM
What's everyone's feel on all this Jagr talk? My take is that it's just like the past however many years that they've done this, get the superstar who will come here and suck. It's the same thing over and over again. Will they ever learn that this DOESN'T work?

I agree, and if a hard cap is part of the new CBA, starting next season, the Rangers could have very little cap flexibility for the duration of Jagr's contract, unless the NHL permits some serious re-structuring.

Hitman23
01-23-04, 08:41 AM
What's everyone's feel on all this Jagr talk? My take is that it's just like the past however many years that they've done this, get the superstar who will come here and suck. It's the same thing over and over again. Will they ever learn that this DOESN'T work? Well, Lindros is finally being the hockey player we wanted him to be and now he's on the block. I'm not sure how I feel about Jagr coming here, maybe another overpaid underachieving superstar who can't succeed in NY.

However, I hear this deal may include Sergei Ganchar. Now that I can be happy about.

ALR83
01-23-04, 01:38 PM
Well, apparently being hurt doesn't matter in this case because now the deal includes Lundmark. I'm not happy about it because I don't want to give up a 23 year old for some 31 year old selfish cry baby who will no doubt suck ass when he gets here. I'm just sick to my stomach right now. I want Sather gone. I don't care what else happens, I want him gone and I want his hands off this team. I'm sick of this.

ALR83
01-23-04, 01:41 PM
Oh yeah, and someone needs to off Dolan too.

YankeeNut18
01-23-04, 01:52 PM
They need a better goalie before getting Jagr or Gonchar.

Hitman23
01-23-04, 02:00 PM
They need a better goalie before getting Jagr or Gonchar. Well, bottom line is they don't need Jagr at all. They have the firepower. They need Gonchar. It doesn't really matter who is in net, when 3 of your top 5 defenseman are injured, even Broduer would look like sh*t.

bakntime
01-23-04, 02:06 PM
I can't even think about it. I just don't see any pickups even making a difference for these guys. They're just completely out of synch. It's pretty embarassing.

ALR83
01-23-04, 02:18 PM
Well, bottom line is they don't need Jagr at all. They have the firepower. They need Gonchar. It doesn't really matter who is in net, when 3 of your top 5 defenseman are injured, even Broduer would look like sh*t.

Give Glen a call and let him know that, because obviously he doesn't. Is it wrong to hate someone SO much like I hate Sather? I really just wish he would disappear never to be found again. I'm going to hell because I definitely wish worse on that man. Him and his lover, Jim Dolan.

I can't even think about it. I just don't see any pickups even making a difference for these guys. They're just completely out of synch. It's pretty embarassing.

Well, that sounds about right. Embarrassing is the best word to describe the Rangers the past few years, is it not?

YankeeNut18
01-23-04, 03:47 PM

Well, that sounds about right. Embarrassing is the best word to describe the Rangers the past few years, is it not?

Nah, just in general ;) :D

bakntime
01-23-04, 04:03 PM

Nah, just in general ;) :D

Yeah, sure.... kick me while I'm down... :rolleyes:

;)

YankeeNut18
01-23-04, 04:16 PM

Yeah, sure.... kick me while I'm down... :rolleyes:

;)

Like Karim Garcia?

JeffWeaverFan
01-23-04, 06:14 PM
Well, Lindros is finally being the hockey player we wanted him to be and now he's on the block. I'm not sure how I feel about Jagr coming here, maybe another overpaid underachieving superstar who can't succeed in NY.

However, I hear this deal may include Sergei Ganchar. Now that I can be happy about.
I heard he was on the trading block for Jagr, but now that Jagr was traded for Anson Carter I doubt he will be traded. Anyways, Jagr helps, but we still need some more defense.

Rich
01-23-04, 06:40 PM
http://msgnetwork.com/content_news.jsp?articleID=v2499-mega2004-01-23T17-00-00-5-00&newsgroup=ice-hockey.nhl.news/Rangers&sports=ice-hockey&team=Rangers&league=nhl

<b>Rangers acquire D Pushor from Columbus</b>

Jan 23, 2004

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- The New York Rangers got some help for their injured defense corps by acquiring Jamie Pushor on Friday from the Columbus Blue Jackets for an eighth-round pick in this year's draft.

ALR83
01-23-04, 06:50 PM
Like Karim Garcia?

LMAO :lol: