PDA

View Full Version : USC vs LSU (hypothetical)

Buckeye Yank
01-05-04, 10:00 AM
Who do you think would win if they were to play?

thecaptain
01-05-04, 11:24 AM
i would like to see this game.. i picked LSU with there defense.. those guys were fast....

pacewon
01-05-04, 03:21 PM
God it would be a great game.

No clue who would win, my prediction would be LSU though

jojos_2
01-05-04, 06:41 PM
USC. I'm a bit biased though. :)

Yankees Empire
01-06-04, 10:49 AM
USC absolutely whupped a very good Michigan team, dominating them in nearly every aspect of the game.

I think SC could take LSU, but it would be a hell of a game. I think SC's offense is a little more diversified and they have a great offensive line. Michigan couldn't touch Matt Leinart for tall the tea in China.

Coney36
01-06-04, 12:00 PM
LSU...I don't think I have to explain why...:barf:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
01-07-04, 06:25 PM
USC definitely. LSU practically begged the already-another-heisman-flop White and his once-functional OU team to come back on them. Mauck sucked as bad as White that night, though. No one's gonna beat USC with a bad QB who throws for 150, 2 INT, and nothing else. They'd shut down their RB too the way they did Chris Perry.

NYYFAN
01-07-04, 11:59 PM
USC...

Looie #19
01-08-04, 12:22 AM
LSU, not even close.

soonerpride21
01-08-04, 12:53 AM
I'll go w/ USC... their performance against Michigan was more impressive than LSU's performance against Oklahoma. Yes, I'm bummed about the sooners losing, but I watched most of the game, and they did not play like a team that deserved to win the game or even be in the title game.

USC should play LSU just for the heck of it. If anything they should just play out of curiosity as to who would win. they could make some arrangements, maybe get a channel to air it (but don't make it a mediafest) and then prepare for and play a game, like Jan. 17 or Jan. 24 at a neutral site such as the Cotton Bowl (about the same distance from LA as Baton Rouge). Too bad this has no chance of happening

Buckeye Yank
01-08-04, 09:23 AM
I'm a weeee bit biased here but am REALLY surprised to see LSU has an edge in this poll. I would have thought the numbers would have been reversed, giving USC a slight edge.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
01-08-04, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by soonerpride21
I'll go w/ USC... their performance against Michigan was more impressive than LSU's performance against Oklahoma. Yes, I'm bummed about the sooners losing, but I watched most of the game, and they did not play like a team that deserved to win the game or even be in the title game.

I agree (minus the being bummed about them losing of course). HOOK 'EM HORNS. :D

Buckeye Yank
01-08-04, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Looie #19
LSU, not even close.

I'd have to agree with you. I don't think LSU would even be close to beating USC either!!!! :D

Looie #19
01-08-04, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye Yank

I'd have to agree with you. I don't think LSU would even be close to beating USC either!!!! :D

USC lost to Cal. They shouldn't have been close to #1 in the poll. BCS got it right. I don't know what the uproar is. LSU beat the best team in the country. Until USC plays and beats LSU within the next few weeks, I don't know why I should buy into the writer's short-term, "what have you done for me lately" mindset they seem to be in when they vote on the polls.

NYYRules#1
01-08-04, 08:07 PM
USC. They dominated one of the best teams in the nation in one of the biggest games of the season (Michigan in the Rose Bowl).

jojos_2
01-11-04, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye Yank

Word Bill. :D

thecaptain
01-13-04, 10:23 AM
Dr. Myles Brand
President
National Collegiate Athletic Association

Dear Dr. Brand:

Why not?

Itís time the NCAA ends this controversy once and for all by sanctioning a USC-LSU national championship game. I urge you to let the national champion be
crowned on the field, with two great teams competing, rather than with polls and data analysis.

With $30 million in scholarships on the table, is there one good reason this game canít happen? If so, I havenít heard it yet.

Let them play.
http://www.gateway.com/cc/announcement/ncaa.shtml?cmlid=CONS*USCvsLSU*CPHP*HOMEPAGE