PDA

View Full Version : So who you rooting for in the Playoffs?

NYYFAN
12-29-03, 01:55 PM
I'd like to see the Colts and Eagles do well...

Looks like the Pats are the team to beat though...

pacewon
12-29-03, 03:03 PM
NFC I'm rooting for the Packers.

AFC I'm rooting for whoever plays the Patriots.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
12-29-03, 03:13 PM
Cowboys all the way. They're at Carolina next week, which is a team that 1. the 'boys already beat, and 2. just allowed the Giants to score 24 on them. After that they'd face the Eagles, who they also beat once.

If the Cowboys weren't in, I'd be putting all my hopes in the Broncos, but I want to see Manning win a playoff game.

bxny
12-29-03, 03:27 PM
I'm pulling for Favre and the Packers, and anyone who plays the Cowboys. :smokin:

In the AFC the Colts, and anyone who plays the Ravens.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
12-29-03, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by bxny
I'm pulling for Favre and the Packers, and anyone who plays the Cowboys. :smokin:

Doubly horrible! :eek: :barf:

jojos_2
12-29-03, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN
I'd like to see the Colts and Eagles do well...

Looks like the Pats are the team to beat though...

Colts love baby. :D I sadly agree though in that I think the Pats are going all the way. At this point, I'm just dying for Peyton to win a playoff game.

patrick.o
12-29-03, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35
Cowboys all the way. They're at Carolina next week, which is a team that 1. the 'boys already beat, and 2. just allowed the Giants to score 24 on them.
Don't put too much stock in that Giants game. The Panthers were locked into their playoff spot two weeks ago and have their subs have seen significant playing time since. I think Dallas is better, but I wouldn't start looking toward Philly just yet.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
12-29-03, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by patrick.o

Don't put too much stock in that Giants game. The Panthers were locked into their playoff spot two weeks ago and have their subs have seen significant playing time since. I think Dallas is better, but I wouldn't start looking toward Philly just yet.

Probably true. But I was so young during the glory years that I took it all for granted and assumed that that was the way things were supposed to be all the time. I honestly don't remember the feelings of excitement that I'm sure I felt rooting for the Cowboys in the playoffs all those years, so I'm latching onto this with everything I've got!

Plus, after the past 2 weeks, I feel like the NFC is completely up for grabs. Detroit beating St. Louis, Philly losing to SanFran last weekend, Seattle putting up a rare road win to get into the playoffs... not even Green Bay can feel totally secure at home after Atlanta came in and killed them last year.

PinstripePride
12-30-03, 12:53 AM
Lets go Jets! Wait....crap...

Lets go Falcons! Oh wait...nevermind...

Lets go Giants! Aw goddamn....

*siiiiiiiiigh* http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sarge/Disappointed_anim.gif http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/contrib/lynx/bluecry.gif

jojos_2
12-30-03, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by PinstripePride
Lets go Jets! Wait....crap...

Lets go Falcons! Oh wait...nevermind...

Lets go Giants! Aw goddarn....

*siiiiiiiiigh* http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sarge/Disappointed_anim.gif http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/contrib/lynx/bluecry.gif

*cough*cheerforthecoltsjason*cough* ;)

ACPS
12-30-03, 05:10 PM
I'm rooting for the Colts because Jo asked me to, so if they get blown out in the first round like last year, god help her.

uconnhoopz123
12-30-03, 05:43 PM
GO EAGLES!!!!

ladyleo
01-02-04, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by pacewon
AFC I'm rooting for whoever plays the Patriots.

BOO!!!

PATRIOTS--ALL THE WAY!!!!

jojos_2
01-02-04, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by ACPS
I'm rooting for the Colts because Jo asked me to, so if they get blown out in the first round like last year, god help her.

Thanks Sean. :D Please, let us not bring up last postseason's nightmare...:o

Looie #19
01-02-04, 11:44 PM
Seahawks and Panthers.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
01-04-04, 02:31 PM
*@#%!!!!

I don't care anymore... yeah I do. Screw the NFC. I hope the team of either of this year's MVP takes it all. Then again, I'm not buying the Snake as the Broncos' QB until he shows he can win something (not to mention Shanahan showing he can win without Elway). I'd go for the Pats, but I'd hate for those bums up there to have won 2 outta the past 3 then come baseball season start whining about how long-suffering they are. Broncos, Colts, Titans all the way.

But my heart is broken.

patrick.o
01-04-04, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35
Screw the NFC. I hope the team of either of this year's MVP takes it all.
You should be rooting for the Panthers! Then at least you can hang your hat on the fact that your team got beat by the best. If the Panthers lose to St Louis, and then St Louis gets beat by Philly, and then Philly loses the Superbowl, your team will have gotten beaten by that team that got beaten by the team that got beaten by the Champs. That's puts them pretty low on the totem pole!

nyyfanatic85
01-04-04, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by bxny

In the AFC the Colts, and anyone who plays the Ravens.

Doubly right!!

I'm pulling for a Colts-Packers Super Bowl!! That would make it civil war for my family!

NYYFAN
01-04-04, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by nyyfanatic85

Doubly right!!

I'm pulling for a Colts-Packers Super Bowl!! That would make it civil war for my family!

So your family is having a good Sunday...:D

PinstripePride
01-04-04, 06:21 PM

Yea...Manning is having a day! Holy crap. :eek:

bxny
01-04-04, 08:44 PM
Incredible game by Manning!

22-of-26 for 377 yards 5- TDs, and he could of easily have done more.

nyyfanatic85
01-04-04, 11:02 PM

We sure did. I can't imagine what it would be like if everything went according to plan.