PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in the Manhattan/Siena game on Saturday?

Bub
03-02-01, 02:19 PM
I'm a Siena grad, but a lot of you are more likely to be supporting Manhattan in the first round of the MAAC tournament. The game is on MSG, late, probably won't start until near 10:00. Any fans out there of either team?

Bub
03-04-01, 07:49 AM
Looks like I'm all alone on this one. What a great game, although it ended at 12:15 AM. A 3-pointer bt Scott Stewart with 4 seconds left gave Siena a 79-76 win and a matchup against Canisius today in the MAAC quarterfinals. Those of you in the city can see it on NYMetro - MSG has other commitments, so I won't be able to watch it here upstate.

love2dj
03-06-01, 02:42 PM
Bub, Tough way to end the season for the Siena men. Congratulations to Gina Castelli and the Siena women!!! :) :cool: Great season for them!!! ;) :cool: I wish them all the best in the NCAA Championship tournament coming up!! :cool: :NY: :NY:

Bub
03-07-01, 11:24 AM
The men's season may not be over - they did get 20 wins, so they'll be considered for the NIT. A home game in the first round would bring in about 12,000 fans and the NIT committee is interested in making money. The women's game was great, and they could get a respectable seed, but the MAAC team representative averages a 35-point loss in the first round of the NCAA tournament, and hasn't won a game since LaSalle won a long time ago. I'm sure they don't care about that though - they're in the limelight, at least for one day. :)

love2dj
03-07-01, 06:43 PM
Bub, I'd love to see the Siena men get a chance at continuing their season in the NIT. ;) You are correct when you say that money matters. As for the Siena women, I'll be pulling for them all the way!!!!! :) :cool: :cool: :) How about the Syracuse and UCONN game later tonight?? Any thoughts? I just love March Madness!!!! ;) Go Duke!!!!!!!!

Bub
03-08-01, 08:10 PM
I don't pay much attention to other teams since I'm a Siena alumni. I occassionally to to RPI hockey games.