PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here follow tennis?

destiny0o2
11-01-03, 06:28 PM
I obviously do *if you can see the image in my signature* but Yeah, I am obsessed and follow every single move in the WTA &&& ATP....................I doubt anyone on here does, but lol.. but thats beside the point. Anyone like Andy Roddick? Personally I hate that kid.. I used to be obsessed {ughh don't remind me}... It'll be tragic to see him #1 next week. &po'd& &po'd&

:NY: :NY: :NY: :NY:

NYYFAN
11-01-03, 06:36 PM
I'm a BIG Anna fan... :D:ga-ga:

Teak
11-01-03, 07:41 PM
I'm not an Andy Roddick fan either. My favorite player is Mark Philippoussis. I also liked Steffi Graf but unfortunately she retired.

destiny0o2
11-01-03, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN
I'm a BIG Anna fan... :D:ga-ga:

Ewwwwwwww... lol haha thanks for sharing that. May I ask why you are an Anna fan :rolleyes:

Thank god she'll be retiring soon :) :)

destiny0o2
11-01-03, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Teak
I'm not an Andy Roddick fan either. My favorite player is Mark Philippoussis. I also liked Steffi Graf but unfortunately she retired.

Philippoussis is great, he came back :) :) My personal favorite and inspiration as well as idol is Pete Sampras... :( :( I cried for like ever when he retired.

NYYFAN
11-01-03, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by destiny0o2

May I ask why you are an Anna fan :rolleyes:

Thank god she'll be retiring soon :) :)

Let me think...:D

NYYFAN
11-01-03, 08:55 PM
hummm....

YankeeNut18
11-01-03, 10:56 PM
I obviously do *if you can see the image in my signature* but Yeah, I am obsessed and follow every single move in the WTA &&& ATP....................I doubt anyone on here does, but lol.. but thats beside the point. Anyone like Andy Roddick? Personally I hate that kid.. I used to be obsessed {ughh don't remind me}... It'll be tragic to see him #1 next week. &po'd& &po'd&

I hate Roddick too. My favorite is Gustavo Kuerten. But of all time, it's Pete Sampras. I'll really miss him. He was the classiest athlete ever... in any sport. It's going to be an embarrassment having Roddick at #1.

destiny0o2
11-02-03, 12:13 AM
hummm....

Umm.. yeah.. thanks for sharing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol

destiny0o2
11-02-03, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by YankeeNut18

I hate Roddick too. My favorite is Gustavo Kuerten. But of all time, it's Pete Sampras. I'll really miss him. He was the classiest athlete ever... in any sport. It's going to be an embarrassment having Roddick at #1.

Trust me, I know :( :(

Wimbeldon better throw a retirement ceremony for him.. They keep making excuses :rolleyes:

Hey you should join the samprazfans Yahoo group. lol. Check this out ---> sampras career in pictures (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/photo_galleries/3034897.stm)

DkNNy79
11-03-03, 12:55 PM
I'm a Roddick fan, he has an exciting game. He can be immature at times, but hopefully he'll grow out of that.

I like to support the American tennis players and since Andre is getting up there in age, Andy is the man.

Jersey Yankee
11-03-03, 01:12 PM
Not recently. I used to follow Chrissie Evert, Navratilova, remember a little bit of Billie Jean King (watched her infamous "Battle of the Sexes" win), and then saw Virginia Wade, Margaret Court, Gabriela Sabatini, Steffi Graf and a few others.

For the dudes, mostly Ashe, McEnroe, Connors, Lendl, Sampras, Bork (that "Bjorn" Swede dude), and a few others. Agassi was a litle flashy f/me, but he was a very good player.

Not much into tennis now, unless you count the Williams sisters. Hope they both come back to the next Wimbledon and US Open.

Hitman23
11-03-03, 01:16 PM
nice dude. :cool:

Buckeye Yank
11-03-03, 01:23 PM

Ask a silly question and you get a silly answer!!!! :lol:

Buckeye Yank
11-03-03, 01:25 PM

To address your original comment, I don't mind seeing him at #1. I'm not sure how old you are but there have been a number of characters in the sport over the years. I think he plays a good game and he's American.

PettittesPrincess
11-03-03, 01:25 PM
I love tennis, but I hate Agassi.

Buckeye Yank
11-03-03, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by PettittesPrincess
I love tennis, but I hate Agassi.
I actually liked him

PettittesPrincess
11-03-03, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye Yank

I actually liked him

I was always into Sampras.

YankeeNut18
11-03-03, 05:44 PM

To address your original comment, I don't mind seeing him at #1. I'm not sure how old you are but there have been a number of characters in the sport over the years. I think he plays a good game and he's American.

What does him having to be American do with anything? He throws tantrums, he's immature and has very low class. He's an embarrassment. Personally, I would rather see The Mosquito, Juan Carlos Ferrero, at #1. Lot of good young Spaniards coming up through the ranks. One player who is going to be #1 is Sebastian Grosjean. He's been in the semis of all 4 majors all he needs to do is to put it together. He's got an all court game. Gonna be huge.

PettittesPrincess
11-04-03, 01:36 AM
Andy Roddick has actually matured a lot as of late... he wouldn't be the first american to throw a tantrum now and then. If he stays on the track he's on right now imagine how good he'll be in like 3 years. He makes it exciting, McEnroe was good for the game and ultimately Roddick will be too.

Buckeye Yank
11-04-03, 09:09 AM
What does him having to be American do with anything?
Call me crazy but I like to see our fellow Americans excel in their respective sports.

DkNNy79
11-04-03, 09:54 AM

Call me crazy but I like to see our fellow Americans excel in their respective sports.

Ditto!

YankeeNut18
11-18-03, 06:54 PM

Believe me, I like seeing them excel as well, but I refuse to cheer on someone who is an embarrassment to the US Tennis program (Andy Roddick). Pete Sampras was a class above the rest. Showed perfect sportsmanship.

Oh, I cheer the American National teams on in all sports. However, when the World Cup (Soccer) rolls around, it's all about Germany. If the Germans play the Americans, I'm all for the Germans. They are my team and always will be.

PettittesPrincess
11-18-03, 11:38 PM

Believe me, I like seeing them excel as well, but I refuse to cheer on someone who is an embarrassment to the US Tennis program (Andy Roddick).

How is he an embarrassment?:confused:

Buckeye Yank
11-19-03, 12:28 PM

I was wondering the same thing????

YankeeNut18
11-22-03, 01:24 PM

Ever see his on court attitude? The tantrums, the racket throws. His arrogance in all his interviews. It's embarrassing.

PettittesPrincess
11-22-03, 04:48 PM

Ever see his on court attitude? The tantrums, the racket throws. His arrogance in all his interviews. It's embarrassing.

There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence, and for anyone to be successful in any sport they have to be confident, and he most definitely has the talent to back it up. Hardly embarrassing.

destiny0o2
11-24-03, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by DkNNy79
I'm a Roddick fan, he has an exciting game. He can be immature at times, but hopefully he'll grow out of that.

I like to support the American tennis players and since Andre is getting up there in age, Andy is the man.

Ahh RODDICK whatever &po'd& &po'd& &po'd&

Watching him on SNL made me sick. LOL

destiny0o2
11-24-03, 10:31 PM

There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence, and for anyone to be successful in any sport they have to be confident, and he most definitely has the talent to back it up. Hardly embarrassing.

The talent to back it up...

I'm sure if he never got rid of Tarik Benhabiles no one would ever be able to say that. I'm 100% confident that he would never have gotten past a quarter-final if he decided to keep Tarik.

destiny0o2
11-24-03, 10:41 PM

Uhh #1 I do know that since I am like past the "psychotic obsessed" level and #2 That's beside the point {talent} because you can dislike someone for a number of reasons and I agree with whoever said it before {sorry, I'm kind of in a rush here} his crass turned me off as a fan. I think it was around the Sampras VS Roddick match {US Open '02 .. you must know what I'm talking about ;)} whenI changed my ways.

Juan Carlos Ferrero:ga-ga: He's really the only one I'm cheering for now, now that Sampras has gone..... :( :(

Was anyone else absolutely *CRUSHED* after the *EPIC* Capriati-Henin-Hardenne match {US Open Semi....}? I felt like my heart was being ripped out. I forgot since it was a while ago, but how many oppurtunities did she have for a match point? Like 26? She would of had it but she *just* couldn't execute....:( Ahhhh bad memories.

PettittesPrincess
11-25-03, 12:10 AM

The talent to back it up...

I'm sure if he never got rid of Tarik Benhabiles no one would ever be able to say that. I'm 100% confident that he would never have gotten past a quarter-final if he decided to keep Tarik.

He does have the talent to back up his alleged attitude, and I like to see Americans accel in their sports and he is doing just that. The mens game is so boring right now and it could use a little spark. He's still and will only mature more with age. He's confident and it can only lead to future successes.