PDA

View Full Version : YOUR heisman winner?

YanksRockMan
10-26-03, 12:39 PM
I know this is early, but who do you think will win it?

My gut says Larry Fitzgerald (Pittsburgh)

pacewon
10-26-03, 09:37 PM
Can't decide yet, way too early to tell

koko
10-28-03, 02:45 AM
I don't think anyone is even close to Fitzgerald on the charts, although being an underclassman will hurt his chances.

Buckeye Yank
10-28-03, 09:13 AM
Another soph to keep an eye on is Mike Williams at USC. My boy's got skeels!!!! ;)

Gringaloca
10-29-03, 09:07 PM
I was hoping for Chris Perry..RB from University of Michigan...but seems like he's fallen off the radar... :-(....Need a couple 300yd games to get back in I guess..;)

Coney36
10-29-03, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Gringaloca
I was hoping for Chris Perry..RB from University of Michigan...but seems like he's fallen off the radar... :-(....Need a couple 300yd games to get back in I guess..;)

Yup...at least Perry's more realistic than Navarre. :rolleyes:

("Navarre for Heisman," so goes the t-shirts after the first three games... :lol: )

YanksRockMan
10-30-03, 07:55 PM
Really...I definitely think that even with the last two months coming up, Fitzgerald will be a run-away (I also thought that LJ was one last year....)

ANYWAY, if Fitzgerald ends up with 2000+ receiving yards (a ton for WRs in any level), he's got to get it.

I don't think Chris Perry would be a highly-heralded Heisman candidate, but Williams of USC could, if he keeps up his numbers.

PettittesPrincess
11-25-03, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye Yank
Another soph to keep an eye on is Mike Williams at USC. My boy's got skeels!!!! ;)

Being a felon, as most SC players are, is hardly a "skeel".;)

patrick.o
11-26-03, 02:29 AM
What, no Dan Orlovsky? :D

Buckeye Yank
11-26-03, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by PettittesPrincess

Being a felon, as most SC players are, is hardly a "skeel".;)

You're lucky you're hot! ;)

PettittesPrincess
11-28-03, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye Yank

You're lucky you're hot! ;)

:lol: :evil:

uconnhoopz123
12-12-03, 05:25 PM
my freind is getting me a larry fitzgerald autograph when he goes to the heisman awards so i want larry fitzgerald to win

uconnhoopz123
12-13-03, 12:05 PM
you forgot chris perry and eli manning in the poll

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
12-15-03, 12:18 AM
as a longhorns fan, i can say, 1. jason white didn't come through when the sooners (and 'horns...darn it) needed him most, and 2. SOONERS SUCK. Shoulda gone to Fitzgerald.

soonerpride21
12-15-03, 11:30 AM
Longhorn fans only need to remember one score for the next year: 65-13. too bad the idiot NYT poll put Texas ahead of Oklahoma.

anyway, I still think that Larry Fitzgerald should have won the Heisman. He was the best player in the country, and did so much with very little around him, while Jason White did his damage on the best team in the country before K-St. the award doesn't mean anything towards NFL achievement, which is more important than the award itself. Fitzgerald, with his skills, has the potential to be a superstar in the NFL. As a Sooner fan, I hate to say this, but White probably won't do very much in the NFL, and will probably end up as a no-name or a journeyman.

TinoBambino
12-19-03, 12:26 AM
LF has been amazing, but you can't knock the season Jason White has had...

TinoBambino
12-19-03, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by patrick.o
What, no Dan Orlovsky? :D

No Walter Reyes?!?!?!