PDA

View Full Version : The return of Ewing...

Jim F.
02-27-01, 10:33 PM
Fans gave him a great reception tonight. I didn't think they would...

-jim

CJM
02-27-01, 10:39 PM
I just deleted my thread on this,you must have put this up while I was posting it.

I think it was well deserved.He may not have delivered a championship and was much too distant and aloof,but the guy always gave 100% on the court.He was a true warrior for the Knicks.

foozball
02-27-01, 11:51 PM
I was thinking that there might be some booing. People playing the "sellout" card. But I was quite impressed. Regardless, he did play his heart out 4 us, and I do respect and kinda miss him.

Chris
02-28-01, 09:19 AM
Am I the only one that thought I saw tears welling up in the big guys eyes at the beginnig of the video (which I thought they did a terrible job on).

Nice to see him come out strong in the beginning.

I wish he'd retire.

harley
02-28-01, 09:46 AM
I am pretty sure I saw those tears too ... I am glad the Knicks did that for him ... and I am very glad the fans responded. I was indeed well deserved.

Chris
02-28-01, 01:01 PM
Thanks Harley,
I'd hate to think I got choked up for nothing.

CJM
02-28-01, 01:04 PM
And if Helmethead had pulled Starks in Game 7,he might have gotten that friggin ring!

Nome
02-28-01, 02:00 PM
Patrick had a great career. He can retire and know that he gave it his all. No he wasn't in the five best centers of all time. I am not even sure how I would rate him against Willis Reed, but one thing is certain - Patrick always came to play.

Way to go, big fellow.

DJNY
02-28-01, 09:01 PM
That was great! Pa-trick Ew-ing! It was well deserved. He was the greatest Knick ever. But I thought it was interesting that Mark Jackson came back right before Ewing's return to the Garden...