PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Wildcat Basketball

PettittesPrincess
02-15-01, 10:23 PM
Anyone else love the cats? I hope they can overcome UCLA tonight, they've had kind of a tumultuous season! GO CATS!

Butnud
02-19-01, 03:53 PM
Isn't this the team that Sandra Bullock was rooting for or soemthing liek that. She had a sweatshirt on in the movie, "Speed," with Keanu Reeves.

Winger03
02-19-01, 04:29 PM
C'mon PP, I thought your team was the Manhattan Jaspers... :)

PettittesPrincess
02-19-01, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Winger03
C'mon PP, I thought your team was the Manhattan Jaspers... :)

Uh, what are you talking about? Yeah I think Sandra Bullock was wearing a U of A sweatshirt in the movie and he called her Wildcat or something.

Butnud
02-19-01, 11:18 PM
Ya Ya! Kewl someone knows what the heck I am talking about! :)

Winger03
02-20-01, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by PettittesPrincess

Uh, what are you talking about? Yeah I think Sandra Bullock was wearing a U of A sweatshirt in the movie and he called her Wildcat or something.

Sorry PP, I mis-read your name, my mistake ;)

PettittesPrincess
02-20-01, 03:01 PM
Ok the cats are #8 in the polls today! Who-hoo they bounced back and kicked USC's you know what! GO CATS!

FresnoBob
02-20-01, 03:27 PM
When I went to Arizona State, back in the Stone Age, we used to back the Wildcats when they weren't playing us, especially against PAC teams (this was during the era when they were in the WAC). Apparently, times have changed, and the two schools are supposed to hate each other, although I haven't progressed that far.

By the way, Butnud--in the movie "Speed," the reference to the University of Arizona was about the football team (the "Desert Swarm").

PettittesPrincess
02-20-01, 03:31 PM
Yeah when I was at the U of A there were like anti-ASU shirts and stuff!

MAFIA
02-21-01, 08:09 AM
UCLA is a better team than people give them credit for. I have been a DUKE fan since 1978 and I feel that like every yearthat they are supposed to is win the big one, unfortunately they have no bench, just the best starting 5. I LOVE college sports, and I LOVE COACH K.

PettittesPrincess
02-21-01, 05:52 PM
I don't think UCLA is that great. U of A had an off day. and that Kapono guy is to selfish to amount to much. Duke is great, I loved the days of Bobby Hurley.

FresnoBob
02-21-01, 06:36 PM
UCLA is the epitome of inconsistency. One day they look like world-beaters, the next, they stink up the joint. A tournament team, but going nowhere. Given a good seed, Arizona should make some noise and go deep into March Madness.

MAFIA--a fan of Duke since 1978? UCLA's first championship (1964) came at the expense of the Blue Devils. I suffered with Duke through the lean years until the kiddie corps came through in 1978. Banks, Spanarkel, and Gminski might have been the big names, but my favorite player on the team was Kenny Dennard, who always gave it his all and didn't worry that his teammates got all the ink. People used to laugh at me for backing Duke in a conference that had UNC, Georgia Tech, Maryland, and NCState. Now there are so many (bandwagon) Duke fans that I almost feel sullied by these pretenders who will bail out as soon as they have a bad two-year stretch.

MAFIA
02-21-01, 07:37 PM
REMEMBER VINCE TAYLOR? I know what you mean, I have had a love affair w/ DUKE for 20 plus season's, GMINSKI was who I really liked, to bad his NBA career never really blossomed like it should of. THOSE old ACC matchup's MARYLAND-DUKE, ALBERT KING, BUCK WILLIAMS, those games were close. I AM watching them as we speak, I hope they do it this year, coach k is great, and that kid WILLIAMS better stay the next 2 year's if he know'sa what's best for him. I know what you mean about the bandwagon, when coach K was out in 95 they were what 13-18? ALOT of people jumped ship, not me, I was getting pumped for the ACC tourney, they lost to WAKE FOREST we had a 20 pt lead in the first half but just collapsed, those forestteams were pretty strong. IT'S just something about the way they play, they play as a team, greatkid's, the way they carry themselves, COACH K is great, I cannot wait to play CAROLINA.

PettittesPrincess
02-21-01, 08:38 PM
Yeah 'Zona should be able to shake things up in March, the only thing is when they have an off day , it's an OFF day and there is very little hope. I hope they can take it this year though!

MAFIA
02-26-01, 08:50 AM
WHAT game w/ WAKE! BIG win baby!