PDA

View Full Version : Answer and Ye Shall Ask

RhodyYanksFan
08-13-03, 05:28 PM
OK, simple premise with limitless potential. Simply answer the question posed in the previous thread and supply your own question to be answered by the next poster and so on and so on. So here goes:

What has been the best movie of the summer so far?

seahorse
08-13-03, 06:27 PM
Finding Nemo.

Who the ................ cares?

:smokin:

Bernie51
08-13-03, 08:52 PM
No one really.

Who's better, Conan or Leno?

Yankchic22
08-14-03, 12:30 AM
Shouldnt this be in The Post Count Party?

bakntime
08-14-03, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Yankchic22
Shouldnt this be in The Post Count Party?

Yes

(you didn't answer the last question - the answer is Conan)

Will a mod please move this to the post count party?

PalmerGA
08-14-03, 06:15 AM
The answer is "no" (apparently).

Who was the first man to walk on the moon?

seahorse
08-14-03, 06:33 AM
George Armstrong Custer.

Has everyone had their coffee?

allybear
08-14-03, 07:35 AM
Having it as we type.

What's your favorite coffee (or tea) flavor?

Danmel
08-14-03, 09:11 AM
In the morning- Gevalia Stockholm Roast- milk, no sugar with caffeine

What condiment do you put on your hot dogs?

PalmerGA
08-14-03, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Danmel
What condiment do you put on your hot dogs? Trojan super-thin ribbed.... preferably in red.

What's your favorite cut of Beef (Steak)?

Danmel
08-14-03, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by PalmerGA
Trojan super-thin ribbed.... preferably in red.

What's your favorite cut of Beef (Steak)?

Oy Vey! I suppose the only answer to this is Tube Steak!

What's your favorite flavor of Italian Ices?

PalmerGA
08-14-03, 03:14 PM
Oy Vey! I suppose the only answer to this is Tube Steak!:lol: Good one Danmel!

Bernie51
08-14-03, 10:35 PM

Oy Vey! I suppose the only answer to this is Tube Steak!

What's your favorite flavor of Italian Ices?

Lemon. I used to get them for 50 cents at the portable italian ice stands. I swear, I would stalk then men who rolled them everyday. Couldn't get enough of the stuff. Then I moved out of the Bronx and no more 50 cent italian ices for me.

BTW, do they still have the portable italian ice stands?

RhodyYanksFan
08-15-03, 12:48 AM
not that i know of, but the best italian ices come from the pizzeria's, not the ................ty yellow frozen ones.

who lost power today?

bakntime
08-15-03, 12:54 AM
I lost power. It sucked.

What else sucks?

Danmel
08-15-03, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by bakntime
I lost power. It sucked.

What else sucks?

Todd Zeile sucks

Who's your favorite SNL actor/actress?

bakntime
08-15-03, 11:28 AM
Current: Jimmy Fallon
Recent: Will Ferrell
While back: Mike Myers, Chris Farley
Old: Dan Aykroyd, Gilda Radner

What's your favorite SNL character spinoff movie?

Bernie51
08-15-03, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan
not that i know of, but the best italian ices come from the pizzeria's, not the ................ty yellow frozen ones.

Oh please. That ................ ain't real italian ice. Those weren't the ones I meant, if that's what you were thinking.

What's your favorite SNL character spinoff movie?

hmmmm..corky romano

Who's obssessed with the food channel?

Jeter&Johnson
08-16-03, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Bernie51

Who's obssessed with the food channel?

David Wells.

At certain times in history, individuals and groups in positions of power make crucial foreign policy decisions about important issues. At the end of World War II, President Truman made a decision to pursue a policy of containment of communism. Why did he decide to pursue this policy? What were the short and long term consequences?

PinstripePride
08-16-03, 11:21 AM
During the Truman administration, a containment policy was developed. The policy eventually became the central concept defining U.S. foreign policy in the Cold War. To contain Soviet Communism, President Harry Truman used American military and financial resources to help rebuild Western Europe after World War II. Under the Truman Doctrine, President Truman requested Congress for funds to build up Turkey and Greece, two countries that came under pressure from the Soviet Union. Truman stated that, It must be the policy of the United States to support free peoples who are resisting attempted subjugation by armed minorities by outside pressures. By developing the Truman Doctrine, he created a major, mutual defense treaty to restrain Soviet aggression. This doctrine was also designed to help European nations withstand Soviet Communism after the World War II. The plan was to share American skills such as knowledge, capital, and equipment with most countries in Western Europe. Included in this plan was the establishment of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). This organization main purpose was to defend Western Europe against Soviet Bloc. After President Trumanís administration, Presidents such as Eisenhower, Kennedy, and Johnson have also tried to maintain this policy in many ways. Dwight Eisenhower did many things to maintain the policy of containment of Communism developed during the Truman administration. In fact, his foreign policy was built around it. The two main goals were to have a tough stance in the Cold War against communism and the maintenance of peace. He and his Secretary of State, John Dulles, were aggressive anti-Communists and advocates of the liberation of Soviet-dominated nations. In September 1954, Eisenhower and Dulles succeeded in creating the Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO). Its main purpose was to prevent further Communist expansion in Southeast Asia. In a message to Congress on January 5, 1957, Eisenhower laid out a proposal that came to be known as the Eisenhower doctrine. He proposed that the U.S. should use armed force to aid any nation in the Middle East that requests its assistance against Communist aggression. In the last year of the Eisenhower presidency, the Central Intelligence Agency had equipped and trained a brigade of anti-Communist Cuban exiles for an invasion of their homeland. The Joint Chiefs of Staff unanimously advised the new president that this force, once ashore, would spark a general uprising against the Cuban leader, Fidel Castro. However, the Bay of Pigs invasion was a fiasco; every man on the beach was either killed or captured. Furthermore, after the failure at Bay of Pigs, Soviet leader Nikita Kruschchev started arming Cuba more heavily with missile. This lead to the Cuban Missile Crisis. Forced to prove himself, Kennedy demanded that the missile sites be dismantled and removed from Cuba. To back up his ultimatum, he ordered a naval blockade to Cuba. On October 28, Radio Moscow announced that the arms would be removed and returned to Moscow. During John F. Kennedy years as President, he did many things to maintain the policy of containment of Communism. The Cuban Missile Crisis was one example. During his administration, a country in Southeast Asia encountered a problem with Communism. The struggle was between North Vietnam, a communists region, and South Vietnam, an anti-Communist region. Kennedy then sent U.S. military advisers to the area to assist the South Vietnamese in fighting the North Vietnamese. Among the advisers was a former Republican senator and vice-presidential candidate, Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr. Thus advocating the containment policy created by Harry Truman administration. In July 1963, Russia, the United States, and Great Britain signed a treaty banning atomic testing in the atmosphere, outer space, and under water. The treaty avoided the issue of internal inspections, which had made previous peace negotiations unresolved. President Lyndon Johnson did not initiate American involvement in Vietnam. Truman, Eisenhower, and Kennedy laid the groundwork for US intervention. However, the Vietnam War would come to be seen as Johnson's war. It would dominate not only his entire foreign policy, but overshadow his ambitious domestic programs. Since the close of the 1954 Geneva Convention, when Vietnam was split in two, the Vietnamese Communists had been conducting what they termed a battle for liberation. Their stated goal was a Vietnam unified under the leadership of Ho Chi Minh. Military strategists in the US, however, saw a creeping Red menace, poised to envelop all of Southeast Asia. China had already been lost to the Communists. Visions of falling dominoes haunted the Pentagon and the Johnsonís administration. Early in 1964, Johnson had his staff draw up a congressional resolution that would allow him to expand the war as he deemed necessary. On August, the U.S.S. Maddox, an American destroyer patrolling the Tonkin Gulf in Vietnam, reported that it had been the target of a torpedo attack by North Vietnamese patrol boats. Two days later, a highly disputed second attack was alleged to have taken place. Such supposed provocation on the part of the North Vietnamese was all Johnson needed to present his resolution to a compliant Congress. The Gulf of Tonkin resolution sailed through Congress in forty minutes. It passed unanimously in the House and encountered only two dissenters in the Senate. American policy makers concluded that the United States must play the lead role in containing China, as it had in containing the Soviet Union. The new containment policy focused on South Vietnam, where, beginning in the late 1950s, the revolutionary Vietcong had been trying to overthrow a government that had American support. The Vietcong had support from Communist North Vietnam, a nation with ties to China. Johnson came to office convinced that the United States had to honor its commitments to South Vietnam and resist the revolution, but he was convinced also that success depended chiefly on the South Vietnamese. Throughout the Cold War Era, the main focus was about containment of Communism. First developed in the Truman administration, it continued to the Johnson administration where it dealt with Vietnam. From Truman to Johnson, the idea of containment of Communism was evident. Such organizations as NATO and SEATO, are evident accomplishments that demonstrate the effort of trying to maintain the policy of containment of Communism throughout the Cold War.

How many hours did you sleep this past night?

YankeeFan00
08-17-03, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by PinstripePride
During the Truman ...

How many hours did you sleep this past night?

Eight and a half (YAY NyQuil :D)

Why aren't hula hoops as popular as they used to be?

TAG
08-17-03, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by YankeeFan00

Eight and a half (YAY NyQuil :D)

Why aren't hula hoops as popular as they used to be? Because there are better things to be doing during the day...

What are you doing right now?

DJeter1287
08-17-03, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by TAG
Because there are better things to be doing during the day...

What are you doing right now?

Absolutely nothing.

Is anyone else tired?

Bernie51
08-17-03, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by DJeter1287

Absolutely nothing.

Is anyone else tired?

No, I'm still in my power trip mode. I told my asshole dick boss that I was gonna quit in two weeks, and he - failing horribly in attempting to make himself look good - proceeded to tell me that he was gonna fire me anyway because I "kept messing up". Not amused, I asked what I was doing wrong and this is what he says, "you're uh...........................................................(yes, the silence was pretty long)...you told a patient the wrong prices for contact lenses," and then I had the biggest grin on my face and went ahead and told him "of course, but I corrected myself. Now tell me Dr., what else did I do wrong?" He changed the subject and than yadda yadda yadda about something irrelevant. I'm gonna love seeing his panic stricken face when the two other techs I work with tell him that they're going to quit. MwHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!~~ We all hate him, even his wife.

Does anyone know any good and effective exercises for the abs?

biggiantpencil
08-17-03, 07:40 PM
Running.

Rhody, you're not too original, are you? ;)

lazee
08-17-03, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by biggiantpencil
Rhody, you're not too original, are you? ;)

Was bored. (Not Rhody, but will answer for him/her)

Where did you go on vacation this summer?

Hawaii Yankee Fan
08-18-03, 07:58 AM
I did not go on vacation this year.

Multiple choice question:
Who won in the final scene of the karate kid?
A. The blond kid
B. daniel-son?

Hitman23
08-18-03, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Hawaii Yankee Fan
Multiple choice question:
Who won in the final scene of the karate kid?
A. The blond kid
B. daniel-son?
Why it was Daniel-son of course. :)

Why is Kobe so eff'n stupid?

yankeeschic12324
08-19-03, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Hitman23

Why it was Daniel-son of course. :)

Why is Kobe so eff'n stupid?

because he's an idiot and a guy:P

What is your dream car?:ga-ga:

Linda:NY:

PalmerGA
08-19-03, 11:45 AM
1958 Packard Hawk

When was the last time you had sex?

Hitman23
08-19-03, 12:23 PM
When was the last time you had sex?
you mean with someone else?

PalmerGA
08-19-03, 01:37 PM
you mean with someone else? Depends on your definition of "sex"... I guess.

yankeeschic12324
08-19-03, 02:32 PM
Depends on your definition of "sex"... I guess.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hitman23
08-19-03, 02:36 PM
Depends on your definition of "sex"... I guess.
well, I have sex with someone every night. none of the 3 women there have any idea though. they've never met me. or eachother most likely. :lol:

yankeeschic12324
08-19-03, 02:46 PM

well, I have sex with someone every night. none of the 3 women there have any idea though. they've never met me. or eachother most likely. :lol:

:lol: :lol:
They've never met you??:confused: How does that one work?

Hitman23
08-19-03, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by yankeeschic12324
They've never met you??:confused: How does that one work? I have a very good imagination? :cool:

yankeeschic12324
08-19-03, 02:50 PM
I have a very good imagination? :cool:

I figured that one..lol. I thought with YOUR imagination...they would know each other and just have a big orgy or somethin...:o

Hitman23
08-19-03, 04:25 PM
I figured that one..lol. I thought with YOUR imagination...they would know each other and just have a big orgy or somethin...:o
oh they do. I'm talking outside my imagination, I don't think they know eachother.

yankeeschic12324
08-19-03, 06:20 PM

oh they do. I'm talking outside my imagination, I don't think they know eachother.

rriiigghhhttt...:D

Bernie51
08-19-03, 08:25 PM
This thing's getting outta control.

Right?

TAG
08-20-03, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Bernie51
This thing's getting outta control.

Right?
Yep...

And if it keeps up it will have to be moved to the sports bar...;)

Ok, I guess I have to ask a question don't I ?

Hitman23
08-20-03, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by TAG
Ok, I guess I have to ask a question don't I ?

sorry for the hijacking. :)

yes, you're suppose to ask a question.

if a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many pits can a one legged spider monkey kick out of a watermelon?

yankeeschic12324
08-20-03, 10:58 AM

if a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many pits can a one legged spider monkey kick out of a watermelon?

one?:lol:

PalmerGA
08-20-03, 03:06 PM
if a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many pits can a one legged spider monkey kick out of a watermelon? Pits? Watermelons don't have pits! :lol: Cherries have pits, olives have pits, peaches have pits..... watermelons have seeds. No pits. :D

Hitman23
08-20-03, 03:33 PM
Pits? Watermelons don't have pits! :lol: Cherries have pits, olives have pits, peaches have pits..... watermelons have seeds. No pits. :D
well, I never thought there was a reall answer to that question. But because of your clever catch there, the answer must be zero. good job. :gulp:

yankeeschic12324
08-20-03, 04:41 PM
Ok Im slow..lol:o

Yankchic22
08-20-03, 11:14 PM

I dont know if this calls for an :eek: or a :confused:

Hitman23
08-21-03, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Yankchic22
I dont know if this calls for an :eek: or a :confused:
you should probably use your huh? :confused: key. :) It means I fantasize alot.

ok, back to the thread!!!!

Are the Sox beaten yet?

yankeeschic12324
08-21-03, 03:43 PM

you should probably use your huh? :confused: key. :) It means I fantasize alot.

ok, back to the thread!!!!

Are the Sox beaten yet?

YES! The sox are beaton,whipped and screwed over..:lol:

Who do you think will win the AL Central? KC or the White Sox?

bakntime
08-21-03, 03:47 PM
Who do you think will win the AL Central? KC or the White Sox?

Nobody cares. The central sucks. :lol:

Why is the sky blue?

yankeeschic12324
08-21-03, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by bakntime

Nobody cares. The central sucks. :lol:

Why is the sky blue?

Because it feels like it..lol

Do You Like to Dance?

Hitman23
08-21-03, 04:30 PM
Do You Like to Dance?

dancing is for chicks and guys w/a strong feminine side

what would Brian Boitano do?

yankeeschic12324
08-21-03, 04:34 PM

:lol: :lol: ass...

NYYRules#1
08-21-03, 07:50 PM

that's the damn truth. Although WATCHING chicks dance, now that's good. :D

yankeeschic12324
08-21-03, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by NYYRules#1

that's the damn truth. Although WATCHING chicks dance, now that's good. :D

I could comment on this...but I will stay innocent!:D :bad:

TAG
08-27-03, 02:28 AM

sorry for the hijacking. :)

yes, you're suppose to ask a question.

It didn't bother me I was just joking..:lol: