PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Cleveland, errr, I mean, Baltimore

#1PaFan
01-28-01, 09:47 PM
It looks like those Ravens have won the Super Bowl. Congrats!!

Man, what a YAWNER!

MrJack
01-28-01, 10:00 PM
A defensive touchdown, a special team touchdown....Not a surprise....Who would've believed 20 offensive points for the Ravens and zero for Giants offense.

Jim F.
01-28-01, 10:47 PM
If the Gints had played the Eagles at the Vet, they would have had their blue and white panties destroyed.

-jim

J-E-T-S JETS, JETS, JETS - still the best team in New York!

Lady Jade
01-28-01, 10:54 PM
You know what the best part of the Ravens winning the Superbowl is?? Tomorrow I get to go to work and watch a certain Trash talking Giants fan eat major crow!! At least one of our teams doesn't stink!!

Butnud
01-28-01, 11:00 PM
I am not giving any congrats.
Neither one of them deserved it!

The Giants played terribly but at least they tried!
AND
Baltimore got all the lucky breaks! Don't deny it!

This SuperBowl was not a superbowl. It was a little league bowl!

Sorry B-fans, but NY still rules no matter what sport you look at!

Shel
01-28-01, 11:17 PM
I'm a Redskins fan. Was there a football game on TV tonight? :confused: ;)

In the "I can't believe anyone could say something so stupid" department, Redskins DT Dana Stubblefield was just interviewed on a DC sports show. He made some very intelligent and interesting comments about the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, he finished up by saying, "We beat both of those teams. Neither of them scored a touchdown on us. We're better than both of those teams." Oh really Dana? Then why were you and your teammates watching the Super Bowl instead of playing in it?!? :rolleyes:

MrJack
01-28-01, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Butnud
I am not giving any congrats.
Neither one of them deserved it!
Baltimore got all the lucky breaks! Don't deny it!

I strongly suggest you rewind the VCR, wipe down the TV screen with some windex, put a padlock on the beer cooler and watch the game again....Raven defense put on a clinic with the 3rd or 4th best defensive performance in Super Bowl history...And despite all predictions to the contrary, their offense scored 20 points on a very good Giants defense....Lucky breaks my ass, they were in the Giants' faces all night and easily could have had more than the 5 turnovers they did get....Just because you are unhappy with the result does not mean the Ravens didn't deserve it.

WindRavenX
01-29-01, 01:01 AM
The Ravens did deserve it-they were reading Collins like a book. It was like he was sick or something-he was close to perfect two weeks ago, and today he just sucked. I couldn't believe how he just....kinda fell apart.
The one bitter thing was when Ray Lewis won MVP-I disagree with that pick-Dilfer (or however you spell it) should've won.
But that's just my thoughts- it quickly went bad after this scene:
"YES! YES! YES! TD!!!!!!" ::10 seconds later: "NO! NO! NO!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
:(

JeanC
01-29-01, 02:16 AM
Mr Jack I agree with you! It must have been a Football Clinic put on by the Ravens!

Not being in a "football Family", I was shocked to see the score when we came home from an enjoyable "Empty Freeway" ride!

I couldn't believe it my hubby surfed the channels and landed on CBS and I read the score I think it was Ravens 10, Giants 0! I looked closer Giants Nothing!!!
Wow!!!! I was floored! I was thinking 3rd quarter no score!
This Cant be a New York Team Come On Giants!!! But nothing happened cept for the 7 points the Giants did gain! The Ravens gained even more! All I could think was well there goes the Day off for the TickerTape Parade for my New York Friends!!!!

Other than that the Movie was great today fewer people! The Malls were great to walk through, no bumping! And the booksstores were quiet almost empty!!!! And the Grocery Snak and Soda Shelves were empty For the Superbowl Partiers had raided them!!!!!

Well Congrats to the Winners including those of you whose pockets are richer! And To The Giants well theres always next year!

And as someone else said in one of the Yankees Ezboards "At least this ain't the Yanks!" Thank Goodness!!!

Smiles & Hugs!!!
Jeanne

MAFIA
01-29-01, 07:40 AM
THE GIANTS got there when no one gave them a chance, same w/ THE RAVENS. SEHORN got burned, especially on the touchdown pass, but then again he was getting burned all night. COLLINS is not that very good, I thought he was in college, but since then he has never impressed me. 2 teams that no one expected at the start of the season, RAVENS have a great defense, but I would still take the 85 BEARS and the STEEL CURTAIN from the 70's, one of the most boring superbowl's i've ever watched, it seems like this is the case every year.

MrJack
01-29-01, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by WindRavenX
Ray Lewis won MVP-I disagree with that pick-Dilfer (or however you spell it) should've won.
I agree Windy...I even went to Super Bowl website and voted for Dilfer.

MrJack
01-29-01, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by WindRavenX
it quickly went bad after this scene:
"YES! YES! YES! TD!!!!!!" ::10 seconds later: "NO! NO! NO!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
I had never seen touchdowns on three consecutive plays before last night (36 seconds).

gsars5
01-29-01, 08:35 AM
I would of picked Jamal Lewis first and Trent Dilfer second. Ray Lewis didn't do anything outstanding in the game to justify him getting the MVP.

MrJack
01-29-01, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by MAFIA
SEHORN got burned, especially on the touchdown pass, but then again he was getting burned all night.
Reminiscent of Elvis "Toast" Patterson....Giants defensive back from about ten years ago, nicknamed Toast by his teammates because he got burned so often. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MrJack
01-29-01, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by gsars5
I would of picked Jamal Lewis first and Trent Dilfer second.
Jamal Lewis would've been a good choice as well...I think a strong case can be made for the punter (I think his name is Richardson)...Dropped 5 or 6 punts inside Giants 20, and about 3 of those were inside the 10....A key factor in giving the Ravens field position edge all day.

Sillycon
01-29-01, 10:20 AM
Noone on the Ravens really stood out as MVP candidates. Since the defense shut down the Giants and Lewis is the leader of said defense, Ray wins by default. Lewis gained the majority of his yards when the game was basically over.

(and for those of you who chose Dilfer as the MVP of the game, where can I buy that crack you were all smoking?! :) Trent was only a little better than Kerry Collins[who was absolutely horrid. Did he think he was playing baseball with those baseball slides in the 1st quarter? What a wuss....] which isn't saying much....)

btw, I was rooting for the Ravens to lose(I could care less about the Giants...). Modell doesn't deserve to win a championship...

MrJack
01-29-01, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Sillycon
Trent was only a little better than Kerry Collins

Dilfer 12/25 153 yards 1 TD 0 Int's

Collins 15/39 114 yards 0 TD 4 Int's

Only a little better?? Gimme a friggin break!!
Collins killed his team with crappy passing all day...There easily could've been 3 more interceptions on terrible passes dropped by Raven defense.....And Dilfer, although far from being fabulous, threw a great TD pass and another terrific pass that went for about 40 yards and set up a field goal...That alone adds up to 10 points (enough to win the game)....Along with the fact that he threw ZERO interceptions, makes me think that you know quite well where the crack is purchased. :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Living here in Central Florida, I watched and read as Dilfer was crucified and blamed for all the Buc's shortcomings for his 6 years here, right up until they ran him out of town....With no clear cut MVP he got my vote for sentimental reasons AND to stick it up the Glazers collective asses.

Ansky39
01-29-01, 04:59 PM

sniff...

this is the hardest loss i've ever endured...

it was like watching your best friend getting kicked in the face nonstop for 4 hours...

i'm still woozy. might have something to do with the $450 i lost... :barf:

i take my hat off to marvin lewis and the ravens dee... ferocious...

trent deserved kudos, but that dee was tysonesque...

we got our asses kicked... but i still bleed blue, and am very grateful and proud of my giants...

kerry, don't sweat it, we'll be back next year!!!!

Jim F.
01-29-01, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Ansky39
kerry, don't sweat it, we'll be back next year!!!!

As long as he doesn't drink himself silly this summer :P

-jim

bxny
01-29-01, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by MrJack ....Raven defense put on a clinic with the 3rd or 4th best defensive performance in Super Bowl history...And despite all predictions to the contrary, their offense scored 20 points on a very good Giants defense....Lucky breaks my ass, they were in the Giants' faces all night and easily could have had more than the 5 turnovers they did get....

Well said MrJack.

As much as I wanted to see the Ravens lose I've got to give them credit. They put on another defensive clinic. The Giants have nothing to be ashamed of. Despite the score they kept it interesting until the Lewis kickoff return, which is more than most teams would've done. Now we can all sit back and watch the NFL salary cap and parity dismantle the Ravens defense, something that no team was able to do. The first to go will be their defensive coordinator.

MVP: Ray Charles.... America the Beautiful

GO REDSKINS!!!!

Superunknown
01-29-01, 05:20 PM
I was so disgusted with the game that I turned it off after the third quarter and switched to The X-Files. It was a rerun of the episode with the genie -- it was one of the lamest X-Files episodes ever, IMHO, but it was infinitely more entertaining than that lame game.

The Giants played as if they had caught a glimpse of Britney in that T-shirt she was almost wearing and couldn't get the image out of their minds. It might explain those interceptions.

Oh and CBS? Nice move putting a microphone on the field during the player introductions. I really enjoyed sitting in the living room with my mom and hearing the players shout "mother****er" at the top of their lungs. Family viewing!

WindRavenX
01-29-01, 09:37 PM
well Super, sometimes, that 7- second delay kinda gets turned to a 0 second delay.. ;)

Butnud
01-30-01, 10:44 AM
So you are telling me that the RAVENS made history with this Superbowl.

1. Kerry Collins gave up 4 or 5 interceptions clsoe enough to score 1 or 2 touchdowns. I don't consider that skill by the Ravens.

2. Giants had ball on the 40 three or four times. They refused to score.

3. Gaints had a couple bad kicks putting the Ravens in close enough for some more touchdowns.

So you guys are telling me that the Ravens made history. Come on! The Giants mad the history. The did it by giving the Ravens the chance to win.

Another thing. This is Baltimore we are talking about. You know our rivals. Hello where did Mussina coem from? I am not saying that is why I feel the way I do. All I am saying is that both teams did not play like they should have.

MrJack
01-30-01, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Butnud
All I am saying is that both teams did not play like they should have.
If you want to say the Giants did not play up to their capabilities, I'd agree....However, not only did the Ravens back up all the hype about their defensive prowess (zero points allowed by the "D"), but they actually scored more offensive points than anyone could have imagined...To say the Ravens did not play like they should have is ludicrous.

Rob Sparacc
02-01-01, 08:00 PM
I dont think the Giants belonged on the same field as the Ravens, but somebody had to reperesent the weak NFC.