PDA

View Full Version : No Chat?

gsars5
01-20-01, 02:21 PM
Hey Jim, did you kill the Chat Room?

Jim F.
01-20-01, 02:34 PM
I didn't kill it - the provider killed it. I've put up the old (sucky) chat room in its place - it will have to do for now. Sorry :(.

-jim

gsars5
01-20-01, 02:52 PM
I can't figure out how it works. When you get some time could you give me some instructions. The other chat room is the only one I've ever been too, so I thought that's what they all looked like.

Thanks,
Greg

Jim F.
01-20-01, 11:02 PM
Greg, apparently the service changed the way they do things on the backend, so the old chat doesn't seem to be working either :(. My internet access is down now (I'm on an expensive per-minute crappy dial-up now); as soon as it is back up I'll look for a new service, or fix this one.

Sorry.

-jim

JeanC
01-21-01, 02:03 PM
What times are most of the chatters there?? When I go to the chat room (PST), no one is usually there or its too late :)!
Well Ill keep trying!
Good luck on Getting the Chat Room Back that We all like Jim!

Take Care!
For anyone that is interested no rolling blackouts here in
Orange County, Cal. yet!!!!

Now I have 250!!!!

Jeanne

MrJack
01-21-01, 07:44 PM
Until Jim is able to get chat up and running again, anyone with Yahoo Messenger thingy could setup a chatroom there...For those who do not have it, Yahoo Messenger can be downloaded for free at Yahoo.com.....It can be created and designated private so it won't be in the Yahoo chatroon list....I volunteer to set it up if there is any interest.
Whaddaya think folks??

ritaylnil
01-21-01, 09:17 PM
Sounds cool to me, bro! That way you can show off your computer wizardry ;)

:) :) :)
Rita

MrJack
01-21-01, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by ritaylnil
Sounds cool to me, bro! That way you can show off your computer wizardry
Two clicks, type in a name....Takes a real whiz.....NOT!!

JeanC
02-14-01, 10:09 PM
Jim Does This New Updated Forum Have A Chat Room??!
If You mentioned it already in the Software update forgive me I must have missed it!
Most likely I did!

Thanks
Jeanne

Butnud
02-14-01, 10:18 PM
So Jim, what kind of new chat room you will be looking at?