PDA

View Full Version : Jets Hire New GM

MrJack
01-11-01, 03:23 PM
Thursday, January 11
Jets hire Bradway, but still need coach

Associated Press

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- The New York Jets acted quickly to replace Bill Parcells, hiring Kansas City's Terry Bradway as their general manager on Thursday.

Parcells quit as Jets director of football operations Tuesday, 10 days after Al Groh resigned as coach to become coach at Virginia. Bradway will hire the new coach.

Bradway spent nine years with the Chiefs, the last as vice president of player personnel, overseeing Kansas City's professional and college scouting operations.

Before that, he was a scout for the New York Giants from 1986-92, when the team won the Super Bowl twice with Parcells as coach. From 1983-85, he was assistant director of player personnel for the USFL's Baltimore/Philadelphia Stars. During his three-year tenure with the Stars, the team compiled a 48-13-1 record, made three championship game appearances and won two USFL titles.

Bradway played three years of college football as a defensive back at Trenton State.

Parcells took over the Jets in 1997, led them to the AFC championship game the next year and was 30-20 in three seasons as coach. He stepped down as coach after the 1999 season for the front office position. The Jets finished this season at 9-7.

"There's no time off, no time away," Parcells said. "With the season over and now faced with hiring a new coach, I don't feel I want to do all that again. It's time for somebody else to do it. This is a good opportunity for someone else to run the organization."

Woody Johnson, who bought the franchise a year ago, had relied heavily on Parcells' football knowledge. Now, he has Bradway.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2001/0111/1008202.html

Anyone know anything about this guy???

Jim F.
01-11-01, 03:45 PM
At first glance, I thought it said "Terry Bradshaw" ;)

We're almost there, Jets fans...

-jim