PDA

View Full Version : WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!

OklaYankeeFan
01-03-01, 11:47 PM
This town is CRAZY! I mean C-R-A-Z-Y!!! Not being one who cares a lot about football, I'd have to say that this one is pretty sweet. My hubby grew up with Rocky Calmus' Dad & Uncles. My son played little league baseball with JT Thatcher & Patrick Fletcher. JT's Mom was his 7th grade Math teacher. We know so many connected to this team that it really is pretty sweet. Kinda funny, the one who does not really watch football is the only one who kept sayin , underdogs, shmunderdogs, this team is for real.

Boomer Sooner & all that rot!

Ansky39
01-04-01, 06:04 AM
congratulations...

i was kinda hoping the noles would eke it out so my canes :( could get a share of the championship... but i can't say i didn't enjoy watching the noles get shut down like never before...

great game the sooners EARNED the champioship.

FresnoBob
01-04-01, 10:05 AM
I, too, was glad Oklahoma won the title on the field, as elections involving the state of Florida are often suspect.

Ansky: All this talk about Miami claiming a portion of the national title if FSU won--remember the Huskies-'Canes game? And Oregon State is probably better than U-Dub.

chelle
01-04-01, 07:31 PM
Yeah, that's an awesome story... That's so cool. Little league, wheeeew! As for me, whenever I watch college football, I look for the marching bands. Same goes for parades, too. But no! At the parades, they go over the bands and go "There's a nice float, It was made with a million flowers" It's nice to see an underdog team win. I love those kinda teams, too (not that the Yanks are one)

#1PaFan
01-05-01, 04:37 AM
Congratulations Marian! The Sooners really shut down FSU and their Heisman winner. Imagine that! :)