PDA

View Full Version : quick i need trade help...

Ansky39
05-02-03, 11:43 AM
gotta fish on the line ready to reel him in...

this is my team:

Lords of Flatbush

Player Eligible
Piazza, Mike C NYM C
Thome, Jim 1B PHI 1B
Hairston, Jerry 2B BAL 2B
Huff, Aubrey 1B TB 1B,3B,OF
Hernandez, Jose SS COL SS
Anderson, Garret LF ANA OF
Green, Shawn RF LA OF
Williams, Bernie CF NYY OF
Klesko, Ryan 1B SD 1B,OF
Carter, Lance RP TB P
Looper, Braden RP FLA P
Perez, Odalis SP LA P
Wakefield, Tim SP BOS P
Washburn, Jarrod SP ANA P
Weaver, Jeff SP NYY P
Wells, David SP NYY P
Alomar, Roberto 2B NYM 2B
Mondesi, Raul RF NYY OF
Armas, Tony SP MON P
Johnson, Randy SP ARI P
Moss, Damian SP SF P
Santana, Johan RP MIN P

this guy need s abat and is offering leiter beckett or koch.. i checked hgis team and he's also got schmidt... i'm tryin to get schmidt but he won't budge yet.. should i offer Klesko for beckett.. i have absolutely no interest in leiter or koch...

or shpuld i try and add an arm w/ klesko for schmidt?

need feed back quick, this guy is a tradeaholic, and may trade w/ someone else if i don't commit now...

tanks...:smokin:

b-ball-lunachick
05-02-03, 12:04 PM
hmm, before I answered, I had to pick myself off the floor after reading that you drafted Piazza... :D this is why I can't do this fantasy stuff -- can't root for that guy...

I would take Leiter before Beckett or Koch -- but I'd try and hold out for Schmidt...try the Klesko for Schmidt...

Big_E
05-02-03, 12:07 PM
Well, to coin a phrase "Fantasy sports, like politics, makes strange bedfellows."

Bozidar
05-02-03, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
I would take Leiter before Beckett or Koch -- but I'd try and hold out for Schmidt...try the Klesko for Schmidt... I'd listen to luna.. :)

Hitman23
05-02-03, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Big_E
Well, to coin a phrase "Fantasy sports, like politics, makes strange bedfellows."

yeah. rooting for Nosemar and Hillenbrand on a daily basis makes me want to puke. :barf:

Ansky, I'd go with waht Luna suggested with Klesko for Schmidt as well. But if you could get Leiter I'd go for it. Muts or not he's going to get you Ks, Ws, and innings.

Ansky39
05-02-03, 12:51 PM
hmm, before I answered, I had to pick myself off the floor after reading that you drafted Piazza... :D this is why I can't do this fantasy stuff -- can't root for that guy...

I would take Leiter before Beckett or Koch -- but I'd try and hold out for Schmidt...try the Klesko for Schmidt...

leiter??? ugh i can only take so many mutts on my team...

you sure luna??? i mean surer than sure... the guy was pratically beggin me to take leiter and i kept tellin him NO, NO, NO!!!

he wouldn't budge on schmidt unless i offered up green, berns or anderson... i actually could offer oneof em, w/ the way mondy's playin', but nah, i don't think i need picthin that bad...

i dunno luna, i gotta mull it over some more over a smoke or two... leiter? :uhh:

anyways tanks for the feedback luna and everyone else... :smokin:

Bozidar
05-02-03, 12:52 PM
btw.. that offense? JESUS CHRIST!!
Piazza, Thome, Anderson, Bernie, and Green? Wowza..

Ansky39
05-02-03, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Bozidar
btw.. that offense? JESUS CHRIST!!
Piazza, Thome, Anderson, Bernie, and Green? Wowza..

well it's cbs so it's a ten player league... but it's for money so unlike our league i made sure to show up for the draft... not to say i don't take our league seriously, but money talks...

i'm still mullin.. the kid hasn't pulled hte trigger yet.. thinks he can get more for beckett and i ain't budgin.. and i'm still leery of that mutt leiter and his offensively challenged lineup...

what would you do boz, (i often ask myself that, wwbd :D ) ... would you trade a klesko for leiter or hold out w/ my team intact prayin armas comes back next week to anchor my rotation til big unit gets back in 4 weeks or so... my rotation is still pretty solid even w/ randy and armas dinged no? :confused:

Bozidar
05-02-03, 01:46 PM
Yeah, i gotta say hold out. Your starters are pretty damn nice. The thing is though.. you don't appear to NEED Klesko.

Me, i wouldn't deal. I think these things over very carefully, and i'm very conservative when i make a move. Personally, i consider it a fault..

But having Leiter in your roto for the time that RJ is getting his surgery done could help out a LOT. Sure, the mets suck like an industrial vacuum cleaner, but Leiter will perform, just as Piazza will.

WWBD? Hold out.. what should you really do though? Probably pull the trigger on Leiter.

Besides, if the deal screws you over, you can always blame luna!! :)

Ansky39
05-02-03, 01:55 PM
Yeah, i gotta say hold out. Your starters are pretty damn nice. The thing is though.. you don't appear to NEED Klesko.

Me, i wouldn't deal. I think these things over very carefully, and i'm very conservative when i make a move. Personally, i consider it a fault..

i'm w/ ya.. i don't need klesko, but the depth as insurance is good and if i trade him he may help someone when he could be hangin on my bench... :D

But having Leiter in your roto for the time that RJ is getting his surgery done could help out a LOT. Sure, the mets suck like an industrial vacuum cleaner, but Leiter will perform, just as Piazza will.

he could help but then i'd really have to root for the mutts to win and pick up their bats instead of just piazza

WWBD? Hold out.. what should you really do though? Probably pull the trigger on Leiter.

Besides, if the deal screws you over, you can always blame luna!! :)

hmmm.. tempting but nah i think ms. greenspan is still smarting from the last time she helped gave me her expert advice.. wouldn't want to risk any further damage to her stellar reputation... ;)

tink i'll DWBWD... tanks guys :uhh: and luna... :smokin:

Big_E
05-02-03, 02:03 PM
Some people live their lives based on WWJD. I have a new philosophy. I am going to live my life based on: WWBD. :lol:

b-ball-lunachick
05-02-03, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Ansky39

leiter??? ugh i can only take so many mutts on my team...

you sure luna??? i mean surer than sure... the guy was pratically beggin me to take leiter and i kept tellin him NO, NO, NO!!!

he wouldn't budge on schmidt unless i offered up green, berns or anderson... i actually could offer oneof em, w/ the way mondy's playin', but nah, i don't think i need picthin that bad...

i dunno luna, i gotta mull it over some more over a smoke or two... leiter? :uhh:

anyways tanks for the feedback luna and everyone else... :smokin:

ooh sorry I haven't been back -- had some meetings but I was sure of Klesko for Schmidt but not 100% on Leiter -- even though they have been scoring some runs for Leiter, I wouldn't rely on that although you do have enough offense without Klesko...I wouldn't give up Green, Anderson or Bernie -- make him sweat it out...you're in good shape...

I'd give up Piazza before any of those three -- he's hurt and he's not going to get any protection in that lineup when he does play...I don't think he's going to have a typical Piazza-like season...

as for this:

Originally posted by Ansky39

hmmm.. tempting but nah i think ms. greenspan is still smarting from the last time she helped gave me her expert advice.. wouldn't want to risk any further damage to her stellar reputation... ;)

tink i'll DWBWD... tanks guys :uhh: and luna... :smokin:

HEY!!! :D It's not me still smarting over that other bet, you're the one who won't let me live it down!! :D even after I had won you so much before that -- remember that's how you came up with luna greenspan!! besides, what's $5,000 to a guy like you anyway!!?? :D I feel a little bad about that but I do recommend my Devils again...or you could bet on the Nets vs the Celtics. ;)

ps -- what does DWBWD mean? :D

Bozidar
05-02-03, 06:04 PM

ps -- what does DWBWD mean? :D do what boz would do ;)