PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need advice



Hitman23
04-28-03, 09:34 AM
Hey all. I need some advice, and try if you can forget for a moment that you're Yankee fans. :)

Pettitte is going against Moyer tomorrow. They are both in my staff on another league. Moyer has pitched very well in his past 3 starts with a 2.00 ERA and is 2-0. Pettitte has gotten roughed up, but has the better lineup behind him, so more likely to get the "W" assuming he doesn't get knocked out. Plus he normally bounces back after a tough loss. This is a double edged sword here. One of them is going to get the loss unless the game is normal Yanks/Mariners where the starters never get the decision. In which case I'm screwed by both because of the hits, runs allowed. So if it's a slugfest, it sucks for me. If it's a duel, I get a W and an L.

Please help, I need some serious advice here!! :lol:

Bozidar
04-28-03, 09:39 AM
Is there a penalty for a L in the other league?

Soriambi
04-28-03, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Hitman23
Hey all. I need some advice, and try if you can forget for a moment that you're Yankee fans. :)

Pettitte is going against Moyer tomorrow. They are both in my staff on another league. Moyer has pitched very well in his past 3 starts with a 2.00 ERA and is 2-0. Pettitte has gotten roughed up, but has the better lineup behind him, so more likely to get the "W" assuming he doesn't get knocked out. Plus he normally bounces back after a tough loss. This is a double edged sword here. One of them is going to get the loss unless the game is normal Yanks/Mariners where the starters never get the decision. In which case I'm screwed by both because of the hits, runs allowed. So if it's a slugfest, it sucks for me. If it's a duel, I get a W and an L.

Please help, I need some serious advice here!! :lol:

Not sure what to tell ya Steve, but wouldn't Clemens be starting tomorrow? :confused: Weaver went yesterday, so isn't Clemens next? What am I missing?

Hitman23
04-28-03, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Bozidar
Is there a penalty for a L in the other league?

It's done by categories. 10 offensive, and 10 pitching. I get 1 point for every category I win that week, and obviously the least amount of losses the better.

oops, I meant wednsday. :lol:

Hitman23
04-28-03, 09:44 AM
FYI - here are the settings:
Statistical Categories (Batters):
Runs
Hits
Home Runs
Runs Batted In
Stolen Bases
Caught Stealing
Walks
Strikeouts
Total Bases
Batting Average

Statistical Categories (Pitchers):
Wins
Losses
Complete Games
Shutouts
Saves
Walks
Strikeouts
Total Bases Allowed
Earned Run Average
(Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched

Bozidar
04-28-03, 09:53 AM
Ok, so you want to hedge your bets on a win, and not get the loss.

Start Andy. Pretty easy decision when you understand the situation.

Hitman23
04-28-03, 09:57 AM
That's exactly what I'm doing. I want the W but no L.

Andy huh? I was leaning that way, but I'm also biased because you know how much of a big Pettitte fan I am. It's going to be tough to bench Moyer for the day though. He's been very good for me. ugh....

Bozidar
04-28-03, 10:00 AM
It'll be easier for you when you realize that he's going to get pounded.

Andy may get hit hard, but I seriously doubt he'll get the L :)

Hitman23
04-28-03, 10:11 AM
Yes, I see your point. I'm going to think about it some more, I have until Wednsday morning. But I'm probably going to do that.

Hitman23
04-29-03, 08:58 AM
anyone else care too add any input?? If you agree with Brian, give me a hell yeah. If you don't please state your case!

Yankchic22
04-29-03, 09:05 AM
Id say start Andy casue that what Id do, but thats cause he's starting for the Naughties on Wednesday

Big_E
04-29-03, 09:08 AM
Start both of em.

Even if the Yankees lose, our starters have rarely been getting the "L". You'll get more K's also with both starting, though you could face the worst-case scenario...you get the "L" but not the "W".

Take the risk. I actually had a situation last week where I had both pitchers, though one in one league, and one in the other. Thankfully they both pitched well, and I got a win out of it. (And no loss).

Bozidar
04-30-03, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Bozidar
It'll be easier for you when you realize that he's going to get pounded.

Andy may get hit hard, but I seriously doubt he'll get the L :) YER WELCOME!!
http://www.auburn.wednet.edu/wahs/media/staff_mugs/nb1.jpg



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yanksagain
05-01-03, 08:59 AM
For your sake, I really hope you started Andy. What a game he pitched yesterday.

Hitman23
05-01-03, 09:00 AM
Actually Boz, I took Big_E's advice. I talked to a few people and most agreed that was the way to go. The K's, IP and few hits made up for the L. Actually, I think I'm ahead with K's category today. :D

Plus, I'm tied in the loss column with 2. My opponent has 3 pitchers that still need to start this week and I only have 1, hopefully he gets another L and I win that category. Assuming my bullpen doesn't screw up.

Now I just need to decide if I should take Lilly off the bench and pitch him while he's up against the Yanks this weekend. I hate when my pitchers face the yankees!!!

Yankchic22
05-01-03, 09:49 AM
Im really nervous about Lilly facing the Yanks this weekend.... too late to change my lineup though

Hitman23
05-01-03, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Yankchic22
Im really nervous about Lilly facing the Yanks this weekend.... too late to change my lineup though

I'm thinking Lilly might do very well. I'm really leaning towards starting him. But I don't want to risk the loss. ugh.....