PDA

View Full Version : Checking in on Some Ex-Yankees...

b-ball-lunachick
04-27-03, 12:48 PM
The Yankees have had some turnover the past few years and I like to keep an eye on how some former players are doing...I'm glad to see some doing well (as long as it doesn't directly affect us. :D )

Doing Well....

Jason Grimsley (1-1, 2.16 ERA)
David Weathers (1-0, 2.35 ERA)
Jeff Nelson (2-0, 3.60 ERA)
Ted Lilly (2-0, 3.03 ERA)

D'Angelo Jimenez (.310 BA, .986 OPS)
Ricky Ledee (.302 BA, .939)
Tino Martinez (.308 BA, .851 OPS)

And, Not So Well...

Ramira Mendoza (0-0, 9.45 ERA)
Mike Stanton (1-2, 4.15 ERA)
Brian Boehringer (0-1, 7.27 ERA)

Shane Spencer (.246 BA, .722 OPS)
Jose Vizcaino (.132 BA, .353 OPS)
Jon VanderWal (.245 BA, .878 OPS)
Rondell White (.250 BA, .811 OPS)
Todd Greene (.167 BA, .564 OPS)

Not Feeling So Well...

Denny Neagle
El Duque
David Cone (1-3 6.75 ERA)

Okay, first of all, who am I missing? :D Here are my thoughts:

-- Very glad to see Ledee doing so well...always a sweet kid with one of the sweetest swings...just super sensitive -- never did I think he could make it under Bowa, but I'm glad I was wrong.

-- I think Rondell and VanderWal are on the rise a bit...neither are in good lineups so I'm sure they're aren't seeing great pitches...both may be "doing well" sooner than later...

-- Mendoza found a problem recently on video with his mechanics and his sinker is now sinking...in the last week, he's appeared in 4 games and is 0-0 with a 1.42 ERA -- I'm a big fan of his but this isn't good news for the Yankees.

Any thoughts? Am I the only nut who follows all these guys? :D

Looie #19
04-27-03, 12:55 PM
You missed Zach Day. Thrown into the Justice deal as a PTBNL.

5 GS, 32 2/3 IP, 2-1, 2.48 ERA, .208 BAA

Actually, I don't know if you're just doing those who made the big club, or former farmhands, too.

Michaels07
04-27-03, 01:31 PM
-- Very glad to see Ledee doing so well...always a sweet kid

Any thoughts? Am I the only nut who follows all these guys? :D [/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey you said it gone but not forgotten.

A_Nussblood
04-27-03, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
-- Very glad to see Ledee doing so well...always a sweet kid

I hated him - i thanked god when he was traded.

Yeah he was a sweet kid - but so was Corky.

Soriambi
04-27-03, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the updates Luna. :)

SanFrANSKY
04-27-03, 04:37 PM
Just for the heck of it:

Kenny Rogers (2-1, 4.12 ERA)

Graeme Lloyd (7 Games, 2.84 ERA)

Gerald Williams (.063 1RBI, 1SB)

Rey Sanchez (.121 5R)

Mr. Mxylsplk
04-27-03, 06:59 PM
Note that in their last 7 days [sunday not included], Ledee and Jimenez have been really bad, while Tino has continued to hit really well. 7 days is a pretty small sample, but compared to the whole season thus far, it's really not that small.

matt27
04-27-03, 09:16 PM
Ledee was responsible for the one run in Milwood's no hitter, a solo shot in the 1st...

silverdsl
04-27-03, 09:21 PM
I think Vanderwal actually had two homeruns in a game the other night. I'm thrilled that Tino is hitting so well and it's nice to see Ledee finally putting things together!

-Deborah

ladyleo
04-27-03, 10:34 PM
I try to check on the ex-Yanks when I can. But I can't always remember them all. Thanks for the updates!! Maybe we should do this on a regular basis.

As I mentioned in another thread, Ledee also caught the fly ball for the last out in the no-hitter.

And I'm really glad to see Tino having a good year!! I hope he can keep it up!!

patrick.o
04-28-03, 12:39 AM
Mendoza gave up 1 hit and had 3 Ks in 2 innings of relief to get the win tonight. It's sinking again.

Luvtino
04-28-03, 12:46 AM
I always keep an eye on ex-Yankees. It's nice to see how they are doing with new teams. A few are struggling big time right now, but it's nice to see a few of them off to a really great start. :)

I know Ramiro is now pitching for the enemy, ;) but I am pulling for him to have a good year. I just hope that the rest of his team falls apart around him. :D Same goes for Stanton. I really have a hard time wishing these two anything but the best after all they've done for us over the years. :) Of course it goes without saying that they need to come apart at the seams when pitching against us. :o

The Royals are off to an amazing start and it's awesome that Grimsley gets to be a part of that. He's certainly doing his part to help the team win. :cool: It will be interesting to see how Shane ends up doing as a f/t player. He's struggling a bit right now. :(

I am really happy to see Lloyd doing so well. I know he was widowed at a very young age and my heart really goes out to him. I hope he has a wonderful year.Ledee is a sweetie and it's nice to see him playing so well. I also always pull for D'Angelo. After surviving such a bad accident it's such a blessing to see him healthy enough to play ball again. :)

Donnybaseball72
04-28-03, 07:55 AM
Brewer Closer Mike DeJean (0-1, 3.60) is a former farmhand.

Also:
JT Snow .371/1/21
Karim garcia .215/5/11
Ruban Sierra .229/1/3 (retire already!)
Bobby Estalella .273/4/10
Andy Fox .357/0/1
Coomer .200/0/2
Russ Springer 1-1 4.66
Klepto Rivera .160/1/2

CharmedForever61
04-28-03, 06:54 PM
Glad to see that both my guys, Ted and Tino are doing well. Keep it up guys!!

NYYCutie47
04-28-03, 07:17 PM
I know Shane is struggling a bit as a f/t player but right now I'm glad they are keeping him in. He will pick it up soon, I know it. He just needs to get used to playing everyday and gain confidence bc he is still probably on edge bc he feels that he will be taken out for struggling. I'm glad the Indians are giving him a shot.

DJeter1287
04-28-03, 08:32 PM
Nope, I follow them too. I follow Tino and Stanton the most, and I try to watch games that have other former Yanks whenever I can. I am glad to see so many of them doing well. :)

deranged2005
04-28-03, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Donnybaseball72
Klepto Rivera .160/1/2

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ansky39
04-29-03, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
The Yankees have had some turnover the past few years and I like to keep an eye on how some former players are doing...I'm glad to see some doing well (as long as it doesn't directly affect us. :D )

Doing Well....

Jason Grimsley (1-1, 2.16 ERA)
David Weathers (1-0, 2.35 ERA)
Jeff Nelson (2-0, 3.60 ERA)
Ted Lilly (2-0, 3.03 ERA)

D'Angelo Jimenez (.310 BA, .986 OPS)
Ricky Ledee (.302 BA, .939)
Tino Martinez (.308 BA, .851 OPS)

And, Not So Well...

Ramira Mendoza (0-0, 9.45 ERA)
Mike Stanton (1-2, 4.15 ERA)
Brian Boehringer (0-1, 7.27 ERA)

Shane Spencer (.246 BA, .722 OPS)
Jose Vizcaino (.132 BA, .353 OPS)
Jon VanderWal (.245 BA, .878 OPS)
Rondell White (.250 BA, .811 OPS)
Todd Greene (.167 BA, .564 OPS)

Not Feeling So Well...

Denny Neagle
El Duque
David Cone (1-3 6.75 ERA)

Okay, first of all, who am I missing? :D Here are my thoughts:

-- Very glad to see Ledee doing so well...always a sweet kid with one of the sweetest swings...just super sensitive -- never did I think he could make it under Bowa, but I'm glad I was wrong.

-- I think Rondell and VanderWal are on the rise a bit...neither are in good lineups so I'm sure they're aren't seeing great pitches...both may be "doing well" sooner than later...

-- Mendoza found a problem recently on video with his mechanics and his sinker is now sinking...in the last week, he's appeared in 4 games and is 0-0 with a 1.42 ERA -- I'm a big fan of his but this isn't good news for the Yankees.

Any thoughts? Am I the only nut who follows all these guys? :D

nice post luna, and no you ain't the only one, i follow ex yanks regularly...

thoughts: it's nice to see everyone doing well except that prick smellie nelson...

i think doza and stanton will rebound, although can't say i'd really lose any sleep if they continued to suck considerrin their new uni's...

no offense but uh, eff david cone...

and i truly believe neagle was never really a yank, it was just a really bad nightmare...

looking forward to el duque's return... :smokin:

27 in 2003...

Mr. Mxylsplk
04-29-03, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by NYYCutie47
I know Shane is struggling a bit as a f/t player but right now I'm glad they are keeping him in. He will pick it up soon, I know it. He just needs to get used to playing everyday and gain confidence bc he is still probably on edge bc he feels that he will be taken out for struggling. I'm glad the Indians are giving him a shot.
I wish Shane well and all, but I'm glad the Yanks finally stopped sharing your opinion.

Stick Michael
04-29-03, 02:28 PM
Let us not forget...

Chuck Knoblauch (trying out for my softball team this Saturday)

:D

James

DkNNy79
04-29-03, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Stick Michael
Let us not forget...

Chuck Knoblauch (trying out for my softball team this Saturday)

:D

James

:lol: :lol: Thats not right James!! :lol: :lol: