PDA

View Full Version : Schilling has appendectomy

-tz
04-19-03, 06:22 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030419&content_id=281698&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

04/19/2003 6:16 PM ET
Schilling undergoes appendectomy
By Steve Gilbert / MLB.com

ST. LOUIS -- Diamondbacks pitcher Curt Schilling is currently undergoing emergency surgery to remove his appendix at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
According to team spokesman Mike Swanson, Schilling experienced some abdominal pain Friday night. On Saturday, the pain grew more severe and he was examined by Cardinal team doctors, who recommended he have the procedure performed immediately.

Arizona head athletic trainer Paul Lessard accompanied Schilling to the hospital.

Manager Bob Brenly said the team considered sending Schilling home to Phoenix for the procedure, but the Cardinal doctors said he should have it done here today.

Brenly said that a best-case scenario would have Schilling missing just one start -- Wednesday in Montreal.

Schilling had his best outing of the season Thursday when he pitched a complete game against the Rockies, striking out 10.

AZYanksfan
04-19-03, 08:08 PM
:eek: :(

Wow! I hope he feels better soon.

Luvtino
04-19-03, 08:34 PM
Feel better soon Curt. Poor guy. I'm glad they found the problem before it burst. :(

NYYFAN
04-19-03, 09:12 PM
He will probably miss more than one start...

DJeter1287
04-19-03, 09:44 PM
Feel better! :(

SmokeyYank
04-20-03, 01:26 PM
Yikes! So good that they caught it before it burst...that happened to me, and the recovery time is loooooooong. I think he'll probably miss more than one start though.

Feel better, Schill!