PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Draft - June 7th.

Bozidar
04-15-03, 07:22 AM
For those interested, please say so in this thread!

The NYYFans.com Fantasy Baseball League will be doing something new this year. Each team will be given the option of having up to 4 minor leaguers in their "farm system". It's going to be complicated, but I think we can make it work.

Here are the rules, which are not part of the Yahoo rules or system, but will apply nonetheless:
1) You can make roster changes once a month, on the first saturday of the month. These changes have to be submitted in a thread on this forum.
2) The draft will be 4 rounds, with a random order set up. Next years drafts will be in the reverse order of this years results.
3) The "waiver" priority will be set up at the same time as the draft order. Any two teams that try to claim the same player that saturday will consult the minor league waiver priority list, and the one on top gets the player -- and as normal moves to the bottom.
4) If a minor leaguer moves up to the majors, only that team with his minor league rights will be able to claim him.
5) If a minor leaguer moves up to the majors, and is not claimed off the waiver wire by the major league club, then he becomes a free agent and any team can claim him as a free agent by the next month's roster moves.
6) If a player on your major league roster moves down to the minors, you have the choice to add them to your minor league roster or lose them to another team.
7) Prospects will be tradeable as part of major league deals.

Ok, those are the rules and ideas that Sax and I have come up with so far. If you have other suggestions or comments, please share them.

If anyone knows a good source of minor leaguers that we could all use as a reference, that would be a huge plus, otherwise we'll all be drafting clippers and navigators ;) (kidding)

Big_E
04-15-03, 07:44 AM
I think this will be a major headache. However, if you want to go ahead with this, I think draft order should be in reverse points order as of 24 or 48 hours before the draft.

YanksRockMan
04-15-03, 08:11 AM
Wow, this is going to be SO hard! :eek:

Big_E
04-15-03, 08:35 AM
The Dawgz From Easton are gonna pound on everyone all season long!
1-0 :D

1-1 :P

Saxmania
04-15-03, 03:11 PM
I would submit a modifier - random order this year; reverse order of standings next year. I'm in, by the way. Should be fun, and I think the workload will actually be fairly light.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

SanFrANSKY
04-15-03, 05:31 PM
Wow! A minor league draft will really stretch people's baseball knowledge, mine included.

So is it the entire minor league universe, or just AAA?

I'll keep an eye out for minor league information resources.

Bozidar
04-15-03, 09:27 PM
All levels.. and I would think that, unlike your major leaguers, you'd probably keep your prospects from year to year.

Otherwise, what's the point in trading them?

Soriambi
04-16-03, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Bozidar
All levels.. and I would think that, unlike your major leaguers, you'd probably keep your prospects from year to year.

Otherwise, what's the point in trading them?

I'm game, and I agree with keeping them.

Yanksagain
04-16-03, 03:58 PM

Agreed. Minor leaguers should be keepers.

Questions:
-You can only have 4 minor leaguers on a roster at any one time right? So, if you decide to keep a guy who has been demoted to the minors, you would then have to drop one of your minor leaguers to make room on the roster.
- A player rehabbing in the minor leagues will not be considered a minor leaguer. Correct?
- A minor leaguer is defined as anyone not on the Yahoo database? So, Cubans, Koreans, college, etc. are all available to draft.

Saxmania
04-16-03, 04:31 PM
I would argue that a "minor leaguer" would be any player who:

a) appears on a farm team belonging to an MLB franchise, AND
b) qualifies as a "rookie" by MLB rules.

Keeping track of foreign players and veterans would seem to me to be more complex than necessary, but I'm not organising this, so wait for the opinion of Boz.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Bozidar
04-16-03, 05:28 PM
IMO, i'd say any level of baseball that's not MLB.

If you want to hang on to a player from Japan, so be it. If peter wants to draft himself out of the JV team from Easton, i have no problem with that.

Bozidar
04-16-03, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Yanksagain
-You can only have 4 minor leaguers on a roster at any one time right? So, if you decide to keep a guy who has been demoted to the minors, you would then have to drop one of your minor leaguers to make room on the roster. Yep

- A player rehabbing in the minor leagues will not be considered a minor leaguer. Correct? A player who is rehabbing is has to be on the DL. If he's not on the DL, and he's in the minors.. he's a minor leaguer, and draftable.

- A minor leaguer is defined as anyone not on the Yahoo database? So, Cubans, Koreans, college, etc. are all available to draft. IMO, yes.

YanksRockMan
04-16-03, 05:42 PM
IMO, i'd say any level of baseball that's not MLB.

If you want to hang on to a player from Japan, so be it. If peter wants to draft himself out of the JV team from Easton, i have no problem with that.
LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

one problem....im not on the JV team...:uhh:

YanksRockMan
04-16-03, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by YanksRockMan

LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

one problem....im not on the JV team...:uhh:
actually...if i make senior legion...ill draft myself :D

watch somebody else draft me before i can... ;)

Yanksagain
04-17-03, 11:38 AM
Count me in. Thanks for the answers Boz.