PDA

View Full Version : Now hiring - work for the Fantasy League!

Saxmania
03-16-03, 11:53 AM
Well, after the runaway success of the draft (everyone thinks they did badly, which must be a good thing), it's time to finalise a few more things about the league. Most importantly, I'd like to offer other forumers the chance to get involved in some of the work. At the moment, I think we should look for:

1) Two Assistant Commissioners, able to write weekly reports and update scores if and when the Commissioner isn't available. (I'll be away in August, for example.) Should be available to spend around two hours on a Sunday if required, although it shouldn't be necessary more than three or four times during the year.

2) A Minor Leagues Commissioner, to administer farm teams for the league. This won't be very work-intensive, but will require someone reliable and impartial to keep track of around four prospects per team. Ideally, this would be someone who intends to return in 2004, to ensure continuity.

3) A Reporter, to keep traffic up on this forum, and to add some value to the season. I'd suggest that a Reporter writes maybe a short column each week (like a Useless Information Department), and possibly season previews and reviews for each division. A good chance to develop writing skills, if nothing else.

If you'd like to have a go at one or more of these, please add your name below.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

YanksRockMan
03-16-03, 12:06 PM
Sax, as I said before, I would be more than happy to be a reporter. I like writing columns!

Coney36
03-16-03, 12:27 PM
I'm up on Asst. Commish, though just a question. Two hours Sunday - can that be in the afternoon? Also, just a heads up, I'm most likely gonna be gone in May. That's it for now. :)

Soriambi
03-16-03, 06:36 PM
I would be happy to be a reporter as well. Maybe if we can find a third we can each report for a different division other than the one we're in. :)

#1PaFan
03-16-03, 07:44 PM
Hey, I'm available 24/7 to bash the Bashers. Let me know! :lol: :smokin: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

SanFrANSKY
03-17-03, 03:50 AM
Sax,

In appreciation of your fine efforts as commish, I volunteer to be one of your surly sidekicks.

Saxmania
03-17-03, 07:30 AM
Wow, I love you guys!

Coney36 and SanFrANSKY are hereby appointed assistant commissioners, with responsibility for looking hard and kicking people who question me. Pick up your sidearms at the counter, folks. Coney, May should be fine - it's really early August that problems might arise. But each of you should get a chance to do something, so thanks for responding.

Three reporters is great news, so I'm going to ask:

Soriambi, please cover the Ruth Division.
#1PaFan, please cover the DiMaggio Division.
YanksRockMan, please cover the Mantle Division.

This way, no writer has to analyze their own team (which would be a little unfair). Good idea, by the way, Soriambi. You'll get PMs within the next few days with some advice and ideas for your first columns.

I'm still waiting on a Minor Leagues Commissioner, which would be very nice to have. If no-one comes forward, then we may just abandon the whole idea of the farm team, but I do think it would be a very useful addition.

If anyone else desperately wants to get involved in some way, then we may be able to find something - let me know.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

YanksRockMan
03-17-03, 09:22 AM
aw man sax.....now i can't bash boz the whole year ;)

seriously, if time permits, I can do some of the farm league (especially the National League)...

SanFrANSKY
03-17-03, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Saxmania
Coney36 and SanFrANSKY are hereby appointed assistant commissioners, with responsibility for looking hard and kicking people who question me.

This look hard 'nuff? Just tell me who needs a bit of a kickin'.

Bozidar
03-17-03, 02:41 PM
Look, folx, i won't need any bashing this year. Because of.. uuhh.. something that came up.. during draft time, i have very little confidence in my team this year. I won't be talkin smack, just setting my team, and takin my licks. Bein' a realist here.

Saxmania
03-17-03, 03:43 PM
Get well soon, Boz.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Soriambi
03-17-03, 06:44 PM
Get well soon, Boz.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#1PaFan
03-17-03, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Bozidar
Look, folx, i won't need any bashing this year. Because of.. uuhh.. something that came up.. during draft time, i have very little confidence in my team this year. I won't be talkin smack, just setting my team, and takin my licks. Bein' a realist here.

NO sympathy here, Bozidon't. I'm going to be brutal. Even on your winning weeks.

The ONLY thing close to Cunning Linguist wins are Basher losses. I'm assigning a bigger contingent of reporters & photographers to the Bashers than the entire Japanese media is to our Yanks to keep an eye on Godzilla......

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Coney36
03-17-03, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Bozidar

Aww Boz, just cuz you know I'll win again...;) :D

Saxmania
03-18-03, 05:55 PM
#1PaFan will be unable to work as a Reporter - would anyone else like to have a crack at it?

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Coney36
03-18-03, 05:59 PM
I would Sax, but I don't think it would be fair for me to cover my own division. ;)

Bozidar
03-18-03, 06:19 PM
#1PaFan will be unable to work as a Reporter Awww.. what a shame *cries a river* :)

BANZAIMATSUI
03-19-03, 11:36 PM
I can be a reporter or minor league commissioner, just let me know what you need.