PDA

View Full Version : NYYFans.com Admin Thread - Please Read

Saxmania
02-23-03, 04:51 PM
Right. The NYYFans.com League 2003 is now up on Yahoo Sports, with a maximum team limit of eighteen. Points details and so on are available on site, and can be amended if there is a huge outcry. Password is JimF (well, duh), so feel free to sign in with your team name and colors.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

The draft time is now set at 6:30 PST - that's 9:30pm Eastern, and 2:30am GMT - on March the 15th. This is the final draft time, and will not be altered come wind, rain, or snow. Well, maybe that last one.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

YanksRockMan
02-23-03, 06:07 PM
sax.....we need the league ID to sign up...

Saxmania
02-24-03, 07:19 AM
Apologies. League ID is #68950.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

YanksRockMan
02-24-03, 09:18 AM
sax....no problem..thanks!

ill do it when i get home, since my school has a firewall blocking fantasy baseball..

Saxmania
02-24-03, 02:28 PM
Please note that there's a new draft time.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Yanksagain
02-24-03, 03:06 PM
I signed up. Draft date is 11:50 AM (Eastern) March 8th. Sounds good to me. :)

YanksRockMan
02-24-03, 03:35 PM
i wont be here for the draft (in school), which is no problem, so I'll go on and pre-rank my playas :cool:

Dawgz from Easton has registered :D

YanksRockMan
02-24-03, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by YanksRockMan
i wont be here for the draft (in school), which is no problem, so I'll go on and pre-rank my playas :cool:

Dawgz from Easton has registered :D
disregard the "in school" part...

i thought it was next wednesday...eh....ill be online, but may not be able to get into the drafting room..

Soriambi
02-24-03, 04:17 PM
I'm in, but I'm not sure about a donation, I'll try my best. My team name is the New York Squeaks. :)

Saxmania
02-24-03, 05:34 PM
Okay. Please, everyone, do remember to pre-rank your players. Even if you should be available for the draft, a loss of internet access (computer blows up, dog eats homework, ISP goes titsup.com) would be rather catastrophic otherwise. As I say, the 8th is the targeted date right now, but if there's a great deal of pressure, I'll try and move to the 15th in the evening. But I think we've done pretty well to get a weekend.

Soriambi, welcome on board. The donation will be minimal and will go entirely towards the upkeep of this fine site, so please do pay if you possibly can.

In other news, if anyone has any graphics (such as team logo) that they want included in team reports and so on, start Photoshopping now. It's certainly not important, but adding some color can be fun, and it's all added value. Hey, you're paying your fee, you get something extra. Plus I'll knock up some placeholder icons for each team anyway.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

YanksRockMan
02-24-03, 06:17 PM
sax...here's my logo....i dunno if its going to be my formal one

BrianNYYanks
02-24-03, 10:20 PM
Sax and all, I am all registered and stirring with excitement for the draft. I gotta get somes beer on ice.

Here is my Team Logo sax,

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/125/4345269/1046142178066_mendoza_fish_for_board.jpg

and my new team is Fishing with Mendoza formerly West Haven Yankees.

Later, Brian

patrick.o
02-24-03, 11:29 PM
The Naked Truth is registered. Here's my logo

/edit - or not!

Saxmania
02-27-03, 03:50 PM
Please note the first post - new draft time and date. I'm going to be up to at least 3 in the morning with this one - no, no, thank me later.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Bozidar
02-27-03, 04:30 PM
you know you rule, Sax :)

If you need the daily affirmation of that fact, let me know.. because ya do rule.

Hey, arange a flight to NY, and you could do the draft during the day :)

Saxmania
02-27-03, 04:50 PM
Actually, I rock, but it's easy to get confused. ;) Sorry, in-joke.

This weekend I'll open a thread for the commissioner elections, so anyone who wants to run this year, start brushing up on your Excel skills, and bad headline-writing puns. We should decide the commish by next weekend, so that s/he has time enough to make any necessary preparations.

The New York idea is a good one, but we'd have to draft in August, and I think that would make our season a bit too short.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

YanksRockMan
02-27-03, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Saxmania
Actually, I rock, but it's easy to get confused. ;) Sorry, in-joke.

This weekend I'll open a thread for the commissioner elections, so anyone who wants to run this year, start brushing up on your Excel skills, and bad headline-writing puns. We should decide the commish by next weekend, so that s/he has time enough to make any necessary preparations.

The New York idea is a good one, but we'd have to draft in August, and I think that would make our season a bit too short.

dude sax...you're the ideal commish...i mean, i could do it, but i dont know if i can spend that much time working on excel