PDA

View Full Version : Giants vs Redskins

bxny
11-29-00, 05:28 PM
NY Giants (8-4) at Washington Redskins (7-5)
Sunday, 1:00pm EST

This should be a good one. Both teams NEED this game if they're are going to have any REAL chance of making the playoffs without having to back in. The Skins have several injuries and continue to suffer from a case of Norv-itis, but they do get Brad Johnson and STEPHEN DAVIS back, BAD NEWS for you Giants fans :). Fassel guaranteed the Giants would make playoffs, should be fun.

orangemom
11-29-00, 09:30 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game too. Should be a great one. Bring on Brad Johnson and Stephen Davis, we ain't a'scared. :) ;)

Butnud
11-29-00, 10:00 PM
My Cowboys suck!
:)

SanFrANSKY
11-30-00, 01:34 PM
I'm prolly gonna watch because my friend out here is a 'Skins fan and I want to talk some trash.

However, I fully expect the Jints to lose the game. They've been exposed time and again over the past 3 years as being unable to win games against the tougher teams.

orangemom
11-30-00, 02:22 PM
Shhhhhhh, don't say that out loud. I'm trying to think positive. ;) :)

Jim F.
11-30-00, 02:40 PM
Who'd a thunk that both these teams would be trying to catch up with the Eagles of all teams...

-jim

bxny
11-30-00, 03:50 PM
Fast Fact: Brad Johnson is 3-0 vs the Giants, in those three games the Skins have out scored Big Blue 89-40.

Fast Fact: The last time the Giants played at FedEx Stephen Davis rushed for 183 yards.

Be a'scared Giant fans.... be VERY A'SCARED! ;) :)

patrick.o
11-30-00, 06:02 PM
The Giants winning this game may actually be a bad thing for me because a victory would make me start to believe in them again. That always seems to lead to heartache.
But in an effort to stay positive, GO GIANTS!!!!

BTW, the Eagles have only three games left and two are against Cleveland and Cinci. They very well may win the division. Unbelievable.

orangemom
12-02-00, 07:52 AM
bxny, you trying to make me cry????

As for the Eagles, it's kind of scary. What would happen if Donovan McNabb had someone to throw to who could actually CATCH the ball???

bxny
12-03-00, 08:51 AM
Nope, there's no crying in football either ;), just having a little fun and searching for some positives for the Skins to hang onto after last weeks upset. :)

The Eagles will clinch a playoff berth today with a win vs the Titans. The only team with any real chance at stopping them from winning the NFC East is the Giants. For that to happen the Eagles will need to lose today and the Giants will need to beat the Skins.

The loser of the Redskins-Giants game will need a lot of help to make the playoffs, especially if it's the Skins. This is as close to playoff game as it gets in December. The weather today at FedEx is going to be partly cloudy, windy with the high temp in the mid 30's, wind chill in the teens. May the best team win.

GO STEPHEN!!!

GO REDSKINS!!!

#1PaFan
12-03-00, 09:49 AM
Hi Orangemom! McNabb is having a great season, and yes, he has no receivers to throw to. Just imagine if they had a "go to" guy!

Andy Reid is doing a heckuva job there in Philthadelphia.

27 in '01

patrick.o
12-03-00, 03:08 PM
THE GIANTS WIN!!! THE GIANTS WIN!!!

Ansky39
12-03-00, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by patrick.o
The Giants winning this game may actually be a bad thing for me because a victory would make me start to believe in them again. That always seems to lead to heartache.
But in an effort to stay positive, GO GIANTS!!!!

DITTO Pat, but we did it... it wasn't pretty, but i'll still be collecting my $50 tomorrow from a few redskins fans ;)

it's hard bein' a jints fan, but hey ya gotta believe... remember '90...

Ansky39
12-03-00, 03:11 PM
oh & uh, how bout dem PHINS!!!!!

poor buffalo... shouldda had some more flutie flakes for breakfast :lol:

phins & jints in the big dance...

kgblues
12-03-00, 03:17 PM
DEFENSE BABY!!!!!!!!!
I'll be there next week against the Steelers.
The place will be Yankee stadium like.

Jim F.
12-03-00, 03:58 PM
The "Phins"??

C'mon ansky! You wanna sell me some of what you're smokin?

J-E-T-S baby!!

-jim

bxny
12-03-00, 04:31 PM
Damn, this one hurts!

There's nothing like spending a day freezing your ass off surrounded by obnoxious Giant fans, just to watch Norv make the N.Y. defense look like the return of the '85 Bears. Next week the Skins are in Dallas, hopefully we can return him and Deion back to where they came from and get a refund.

The NFC is up for grabs. Just make the playoffs, the Giants have as good a shot as anyone to advance.

Jim F.
12-03-00, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by bxny
There's nothing like spending a day freezing your ass off surrounded by obnoxious Giant fans

That's how I feel whenever I leave my apartment...

;)

-jim

MAFIA
12-03-00, 04:44 PM
THEY played great defense, next week's game will be hard hitting slamming, my RAIDERS lost a tough one, somebody pay attention to the downs.

orangemom
12-04-00, 02:54 PM
Oh ansky, bite your tongue. My son is a rabid phins fan. There would be war in this house with a Dolphins/Giants Superbowl. One of us would have to find a different place to live I fear. My husband and my daughter would leave town, oh it would be horrible. :(

Butnud
12-05-00, 01:40 AM
Maybe this forum should have an up to date schedule so I know when the game are????

JIM??????????

Ansky39
12-05-00, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Jim F.
J-E-T-S!!

-jim

SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS!!!

just remember who's in first place... ;)

zach, taylor, armstrong, gardner, madison, etc. lead the best dee in football... and remember this, DEE WINS in the playoffs...

anyway, i already got $50 on oakland next week agst those shea stadium truants... :lol: GO BACK HOME!!! :lol:

i wouldn't want to have to take your dough too... you're me chum ;) but we could bet clicks... i'll bet you 50 b-b.com ad clicks oakland crushes al GROSS and the jets sunday... whaddayasay chum? ;)

you jets fans, always gettin your hopes up... for nuthin'.

you got 3 games left...

at oakland, LOSS;
at GIANTS stadium (vs detroit), LOSS;
at the ravens LLLLOSS!!!

don't sweat it... you can always cheer on the soon to be, afc east champion, dolphins :bad-ass:

Ansky39
12-05-00, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by bxny
There's nothing like spending a day freezing your ass off surrounded by obnoxious Giant fans

That's how I feel whenever I leave my apartment...

;)

-jim

typical jealous jets fans :lol:

Jim F.
12-05-00, 01:14 PM
Who you calling a chump? ;)

100 clicks says that the Jets go farther than the Giants into the playoffs. Miami got nothing. They are a week, overaged (and overweight) team.

I'll also bet you 50 clicks that the Jets go AT LEAST 2-1 during their final three games, while the Giants go AT BEST 1-2.

Whaddaya say?

We should get a pool going here...

-jim

Jim F.
12-05-00, 01:18 PM
Oh, I can pull some other strings too...

Hold on, this is going to be funny :lol:

-jim

Ansky39
12-05-00, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by orangemom
Oh ansky, bite your tongue. My son is a rabid phins fan. There would be war in this house with a Dolphins/Giants Superbowl. One of us would have to find a different place to live I fear. My husband and my daughter would leave town, oh it would be horrible. :(

i know what ya mean ma...

imagine what i'm going through...

of course i want our giants to win another superbowl... but i've been a phins fan (& j-e-t-s hater ;) ) longer, and plus, the phins are way over due... it'd be hard, but if both make it,i would have double braggin' rights with j-e-t-s fans ;)

Butnud
12-05-00, 03:07 PM
Hey now!

Hey ansky where the heck have ya been?
When I frst started posting you were always here, now you are never here. Did ya grow up? :lol:

Ansky39
12-06-00, 06:32 AM
100 clicks says that the Jets go farther than the Giants into the playoffs. Miami got nothing. They are a week, overaged (and overweight) team.

I'll also bet you 50 clicks that the Jets go AT LEAST 2-1 during their final three games, while the Giants go AT BEST 1-2.

Whaddaya say?

We should get a pool going here...

-jim

hold your horses there partner... you guys gotta get IN the playoffs before we can discuss who many clicks you'll pay me to watch em lose ;)

1 week at a time buddy... don't go gettin' yer hopes up early as usual, only to see em destroyed by those loable losers from shea...

you name the bet... but i'll take the giants, phins and whoever's lucky enough to play the j-e-t-s... this week, that's the raiders...

MAFIA
12-06-00, 06:53 AM
I AM telling you , the RAIDERS-JETS game is huge for me, I hope GANNON-BROWN have a huge game, we gotta win cause THE BRONCOS have been on a roll and are catching up. ANSKY, before the year started everybody said thatTHE DOLPHINS were gonna stink, how wrong they were. THERE COACH, he is a damn good coach, had a great defense in DALLAS, and has made a strong defense over the last year into the best defense in the AFC this year, he has done a great job. AND people do not think JAY FIEDLER is a fluke, he never had a shot w/ THE VIKINGS, although the game's he did play he played very good. ONE team you gotta watch for is THE BRONCOS, they were dead just 5 weeks ago, now they got a shot for home field, they are in it w/ everyone else, ANSKY be proud of your team, they have never been lousy as far as I can remember, I think the worst they have ever been in my lifetime is 8-8 and that was in the mid 80's 2 years in a row, that's going way back to 1976 for me also watching football. IT'S gonna be a great playoffs, nobody is the favorite, but the AFC is much better than the NFC by far.

MAFIA
12-06-00, 06:55 AM
MAYBE I should take that 5 hour drive to FLATBUSH and get a cheesecake at JR.'S

Ansky39
12-06-00, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by MAFIA
ANSKY be proud of your team, they have never been lousy as far as I can remember, I think the worst they have ever been in my lifetime is 8-8 and that was in the mid 80's 2 years in a row, that's going way back to 1976 for me also watching football.

ditto sir... i'm a diehard phins fan who grew up in brooklyn surrounded by j-e-t-s (UGHH, I HATE THAT TEAM!!!!)fans... from my pops, (yeah he likes losers, he's also a mets fan) to best friend it seemed everyone i knew rooted for those losers from shea... meanwhile all my team does is win every year... no we haven't gotten that elusive superbowl victory since '72, (a lil, i say a lil, before my time ;) ) but we under marino you could never look past us, and now with this amazing, (whoops, wrong term) outstanding dee led by zach and trace and my man jason taylor and madison, etc. we're dominating again... as good as we've been we've never mopped up buffalo like we did this past weekend... i like our chances... we got the best dee in the game... that's right jim better than the bucs... and certainly better than that geritol bunch in green and white... hey is pepper still playin? :lol:

anyways, i think your raiders are the team to beat in the afc... they shouldda never blew that game last week against the steelers, but still your team w/ that offense led by ganno and giants reject wheatley is tough to contain... the jets will see this weekend...

i agree 100% w/ ya on denver... thaty shanahan's a heckuva coach...

in my humble view, i'd say the raiders and vikes were on a collision course for the superbowl... i'm just hopin my phins and jints can derail em...

later maf

Ansky39
12-06-00, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by MAFIA
MAYBE I should take that 5 hour drive to FLATBUSH and get a cheesecake at JR.'S

hmmm... think i may have an idea for a bet jim...

patrick.o
01-28-01, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by patrick.o

Not this time. They went further than 29 other teams. They redefined overachieving. They were better than anyone gave them credit for.

I'm disappointed at the loss of such a rare opportunity, but there is no shame. The unexpected excitment of the journey made the heartache of the destination more bearable.

Go Giants.