Bozidar
03-21-02, 04:26 AM
lets try this..

Sascha
03-21-02, 04:29 AM
Sounds ok :)

1TonHumanHamsterWheel
03-21-02, 10:10 AM
I may be a little late, but it's a much better time than noon.

yankeesrule2000
03-21-02, 11:35 AM
i will prob be working, but if i am i will pre rank my players for auto draft....

Ansky39
03-21-02, 11:45 AM
kinda late notice... i can't make it, but if you guys will let me prerank my picks, i won't sweat it...

Bozidar
03-21-02, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Ansky39
kinda late notice... i can't make it, but if you guys will let me prerank my picks, i won't sweat it... sorry about the late notice, but if we wait till the weekend after this one.. i think that's Easter :)

Anyone that can tell us how to pre-rank guys on yahoo?

Coney36
03-21-02, 12:21 PM
Yes, 7pm is good. :)

yankeesrule2000
03-21-02, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Bozidar
sorry about the late notice, but if we wait till the weekend after this one.. i think that's Easter :)

Anyone that can tell us how to pre-rank guys on yahoo?

you would have to set the draft as auto draft....but i dont know how you would do that for some and not others.....

Bozidar
03-21-02, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by yankeesrule2000
you would have to set the draft as auto draft....but i dont know how you would do that for some and not others..... Doh.. it doesn't let us mix and match?

Commissioner.com did :(

yankeesrule2000
03-21-02, 12:37 PM
Doh.. it doesn't let us mix and match?

Commissioner.com did :(

i honestly don't know..... but i think there is a way to mix and match...

Ansky39
03-21-02, 12:57 PM
i did a live yahoo draft w/ sanfran's keeper league and we were allowed to pre rank our players...

Bozidar
03-21-02, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Ansky39
i did a live yahoo draft w/ sanfran's keeper league and we were allowed to pre rank our players... We'll have to get Saxmania on the horn here.. he's the commish here, so he should be able to get us set up.

SanFrANSKY
03-21-02, 01:07 PM
A39 is correct.

Just to clarify for Yahoo:

Autodraft assumes no one is drafting live, and makes picks for all teams based on predetermined Yahoo Fantasy Baseball/Sporting News rankings.

Live Draft assumes at least some of the participants will be there, and autodrafts for those who are absent. However, the absentees can still prerank their players before the draft so that some or all of the picks will be in their own predetermined order rather than in Yahoo's.

The second option allows you to "mix-and-match" and is probably the easiest way to go.

yankeesrule2000
03-21-02, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by SanFrANSKY
A39 is correct.

Just to clarify for Yahoo:

Autodraft assumes no one is drafting live, and makes picks for all teams based on predetermined Yahoo Fantasy Baseball/Sporting News rankings.

Live Draft assumes at least some of the participants will be there, and autodrafts for those who are absent. However, the absentees can still prerank their players before the draft so that some or all of the picks will be in their own predetermined order rather than in Yahoo's.

The second option allows you to "mix-and-match" and is probably the easiest way to go.

Awesome, but how do i set up my status as auto-draft??

SanFrANSKY
03-21-02, 01:20 PM
Simple. Just don't show up to the live draft. You'll default to auto.

As for prerankings, sometime before the draft go to "My Team" and click "Edit Pre-Rankings" and you can set up your picks however you like. This can take some time if you want to prerank your entire draft, but you don't have to do that if you're not motivated. :)

yankeesrule2000
03-21-02, 01:22 PM
I'm Motivated :) and will deff pre rank...thanks for the help :)

yankeesrule2000
03-21-02, 01:24 PM
there is no option to pre-rank players....because draft is set as live...

Bozidar
03-21-02, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by SanFrANSKY
Simple. Just don't show up to the live draft. You'll default to auto.

As for prerankings, sometime before the draft go to "My Team" and click "Edit Pre-Rankings" and you can set up your picks however you like. This can take some time if you want to prerank your entire draft, but you don't have to do that if you're not motivated. :) where, exactly, is the click for "Edit Pre-Rankings"?? I don't see it on my screen.

yankeesrule2000
03-21-02, 01:26 PM
where, exactly, is the click for "Edit Pre-Rankings"?? I don't see it on my screen.

It's not there...because the draft is set as live.....

YanksRockMan
03-21-02, 02:12 PM
If the draft is live...then 7pm would probably be a bad time. I would rather have this draft at noon, or after 10pm, BUT, sascha and the people in the other countries won't be able to do the live draft. I am just a little hesitant in this time, but if there is an auto-draft option, then I will certainly consider that option.:)

-Pete

Ansky39
03-21-02, 02:20 PM
where, exactly, is the click for "Edit Pre-Rankings"?? I don't see it on my screen.

under League Settings, Draft Type select Live

currently Offline is selected...

i wish we could have the draft on a weekday, during the day when i'm at work... so i could get paid to draft... ;)

joltinjo
03-21-02, 02:50 PM
Sunday is cool with me.
Is there an updated list on the checks received?

Ryguy22984
03-21-02, 03:00 PM
Sunday 7 PM is perfect.

BrianNYYanks
03-21-02, 06:20 PM
Sounds Great!

Saxmania
03-21-02, 06:23 PM
If we do the draft on Sunday at 7pm, it will not be on Yahoo. The site only allows a certain number of leagues to draft at any one time, and all slots are booked except for:

This Saturday, 12pm-3pm
Any weekday, 9am-6pm (Except next Friday, which is 9am-3pm)

Which is obviously problematic. Alternatively, we can go to a private chat room and draft that way, but those who wish to pre-rank their players will have to do so manually, by submitting a list of players and/or positions, or by agreeing to stick with a 3rd party's player rankings. Opinions?

A third option is to miss the first week of the league and draft during the evening of one day in the first week of April, but that's obviously less than ideal.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Ryguy22984
03-21-02, 06:26 PM
There is one way to do it. Basically you have to keep refreshing the available times page over and over, b/c eventually an ideal time will open up b/c leagues sometime change their drafting dates. This is the way one of my other leagues got a good time. It's annoying for the commissioner, though, b/c you keep have to refresh the page over and over.

SanFrANSKY
03-21-02, 07:07 PM
Ryguy is correct. That can sometimes work.

Saxmania
03-21-02, 08:09 PM
I've been refreshing constantly for about 30 minutes, with no luck, although a few other (less popular) slots have switched hands, so it might work some time in the future. I'll try again tomorrow (it's 2:10am over here), but we should be prepared in case we don't get a spot when we want.

EDIT: I hung on a little longer, and managed to swipe Sunday at 5pm PST - which, as per my understanding of American time zones, is 8pm EST. That makes it 1am GMT, for those counting at home. Not bad, and probably as close as we're going to get. I'll post a draft order Sunday morning, after entries close for the league.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Bozidar
03-21-02, 08:33 PM
Sounds good sax!

Saxmania
03-21-02, 08:39 PM
I swear, if I see that screen again, I shall use some very unpleasant and ungentlemantly words. I expect to dream about it. "The grid! The grid! It's coming . . . noooooooooooooooooooo!"

Erm, sorry. Yep, a stroke of luck there. Now get and pre-rank, everyone.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Saxmania
03-21-02, 09:17 PM
By the way, can anyone tell me what's meant to happen on the "Test your system" link for the Yahoo.com draft engine? When I click the link, a small window opens and then closes almost immediately. Is this normal?

Be seeing you,

Saxmania