PDA

View Full Version : Sign up here for FREE Roto play!

Saxmania
03-01-02, 12:06 PM
All righty. The HtH game's nearly ready to kick off, so it's time to see who wants the free Roto game we were planning. There will be NO fees, and we'll probably play on Yahoo.com again, with either a 4x4 or 5x5 system. We'll determine league structure when we know how many players we've got.

We're also going to need a commissioner. This should be fairly straightfoward - just organise the players, get the draft done, then make sure no-one blatantly cheats during the season. I'll step off this thread and let someone else act big and important now (although I might play in this game :evil: )

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

jyjjy
03-02-02, 02:44 PM
sign me up

Sandman
03-03-02, 03:29 PM
Count me in, too!

JeterFan23
03-03-02, 11:37 PM
I'm in! I've been playing on yahoo for a few years, so I can help out if you need someone to be commissioner!

YanksRockMan
03-08-02, 12:32 AM
I'm interested, but I already have a team in Yahoo.

BigBats
03-08-02, 06:11 PM
I will commish the league!

BrianNYYanks
03-12-02, 08:21 PM
I'm in for the free roto also, put me down Sax!:NY:

SkooterPhil#10
03-17-02, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Saxmania
I'll step off this thread and let someone else act big and important now (although I might play in this game :evil: )

OK! :cool:

To sign up for the free roto play at Yahoo.com click here:
http://standard.baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1

Our very original league name will be: Bronx Bombers

This will be a private league for BB.com-ers only. You can get the League ID# and password by emailing me at---> Skooterphil@yahoo.com

The basic structure will go like this:
Maximum teams in league: 20
Maximum players on each team: 25
Type of Scoring: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
Maximum player acquisitions for entire season: 8
Maximum trades for entire season: 5
Time players are on waivers: 3 days
Time commissioner has to reject pending trades: League cannot reject trades
Last date to trade player: No end date

Starting positions:
2 Catchers
1 First baseman
1 Second baseman
1 Third baseman
1 Shortstop
1 Leftfielder
1 Centerfielder
1 Rightfielder

1 Extra outfielders
2 Extra infielders
1 Utility man

4 Starting Pitchers
2 Relief Pitchers
2 Extra pitchers
----------------------------------------
21 total players, not including 3 DL players

We're going to need at least 4 teams to at least start drafting. The draft will be offline.

I'm not sure if this is the very best structure for the league so if anyone has any suggestions/questions/comments, speak up!

Sascha
03-17-02, 01:40 PM
Get some bench-spots, cause when a player gets injured and you have to wait 3 days to sign someone else from waivers you might lose some points. And 3 aquisitions for the entire season? Uhh..

SkooterPhil#10
03-17-02, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by wwwMAJORLEAGUEde
Get some bench-spots, cause when a player gets injured and you have to wait 3 days to sign someone else from waivers you might lose some points. And 3 aquisitions for the entire season? Uhh..

OK. Thanks.

jyjjy
03-21-02, 05:21 PM
head to head? doesnt the title of this thread say roto?
i also really dont like the restrictions on aquisitions. it will make the league less active because it will severely restrict use of the waiver wire, all you can do is set your line-up.
also, trades cant be vetoed? that is just asking for trouble
and is that 4 utilities players starting? that seems kind of wierd...

SkooterPhil#10
03-22-02, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by jyjjy
head to head? doesnt the title of this thread say roto?
i also really dont like the restrictions on aquisitions. it will make the league less active because it will severely restrict use of the waiver wire, all you can do is set your line-up.
also, trades cant be vetoed? that is just asking for trouble
and is that 4 utilities players starting? that seems kind of wierd...

You wanna be commish?

BrianNYYanks
03-22-02, 01:28 PM
So far there are only three people signed up in this league. I also thought this was a roto league. I am already in the Head to Head pay bb.com league. Anybody got any answers to the league and it's status?

BrianNYYanks
03-22-02, 01:33 PM
Scooter, You can just change it to a roto, Also I beleive the league should be able to vite on trade vetos and maybe 10 acquisition trades per year. I think people were just making suggestions, they don't want you to not be commish anymore. later, BBB

SkooterPhil#10
03-23-02, 12:23 AM
I'll change it to roto.