PDA

View Full Version : Needed: Division titles

Saxmania
02-22-02, 12:17 PM
Okay, boys and girls, listen up. We've got a game structure sorted that should accomodate the people who have signed up, so unless a horde of people join between now and next week, we should be pretty much set to go. We'll give the full game schedule and structure after the signing deadline is met, but for now, we need some ideas for names.

We've got two leagues, with two divisions in each. I think we can safely stick with Bozidar's idea of "Century" and "Dynasty" for the two leagues - they seem elegant, IMHO, and unless anyone has a real problem, I say we keep 'em. However, that leaves us with four divisions, two in each league. It doesn't seem very smart to label them after regions (since we could have SanFrANSKY and www.majorleague.de in the same division!), so we need to come up with some names.

Should we name them after former Yankees? Or do we want descriptives like "Century" and "Dynasty"? Or should we just be dull and stick with letters/numbers (A, B, C, etc.)? Tell us what you think.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Bozidar
02-22-02, 12:37 PM
Ruth
Gehrig
DiMaggio
Mantle

I like that idea.. or...in reverence to those that seem disliked most :)

Henderson
Irabu
Nelson
Sanders

Sascha
02-22-02, 12:38 PM
very uninspired... but..

National League & American League ?

or "World Allstars" & "North American Allstars" ? (just played triple play, so i had this primitive idea :) )

or even more primitive:

League one & league two ?
b-b.com I, b-b.com II ?

#1PaFan
02-22-02, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Bozidar
Ruth
Gehrig
DiMaggio
Mantle

I like Boz' idea but I'd take it one step further....

How 'bout:

Sultan of Swat
Iron Horse
Joltin' Joe
Commerce Comet

Or something like that....

:gulp:

Saxmania
02-22-02, 06:12 PM
Hey, not bad! I actually had Ruth & Gehrig, then Mantle & Maris, but I like getting Joe in there. I think Sascha's (sp.? Sorry, mate) idea is good if we can get more non-American players involved to get a World team - maybe next year? We'll have to round up some more foreigners.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Bozidar
02-22-02, 06:14 PM
Maris over Joltin Joe? What kinda funny cocaine are you smoking overe there in england? :D :lol:

Bozidar
02-22-02, 06:16 PM
actually, i just had a great idea! This thing is about managing the best team, how about naming it after the best managers of all time?

Huggins
Stengel
Martin :)
Torre

Saxmania
02-22-02, 07:09 PM
Maris over Joltin Joe? What kinda funny cocaine are you smoking overe there in england? :D :lol:

We call it "lager", my friend. Actually, I've just been watching 61* (I found a copy! I found a copy!), and the Mantle/Maris race was kinda fresh. The two names just seem to go together, hence the idea of having them in the same league. But I can't see how I could leave out Joe.

The managers idea isn't a bad one, either. Perhaps we should make a poll for the owners . . .

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Gator
02-22-02, 09:09 PM
actually, i just had a great idea! This thing is about managing the best team, how about naming it after the best managers of all time?

Huggins
Stengel
Martin :)
Torre

If you put McCarthy on top of that list, and kick out Billy, it's a deal. :p

I know it's boring, but you could do colors too, or, if we wanna go with the alphabet, we can spice it up and do it by Greek letters (Alpha, Gamma, Delta, etc)

pjyankees
02-22-02, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Gator

If you put McCarthy on top of that list, and kick out Billy, it's a deal. :p

I know it's boring, but you could do colors too, or, if we wanna go with the alphabet, we can spice it up and do it by Greek letters (Alpha, Gamma, Delta, etc)

I like the manager idea as well, and also prefer McCarthy over Billy, if we are going by the greatest.

Bozidar
02-22-02, 11:00 PM
Billy :) did have a little smiley next to his name. We've got to have ONE division of drunken mad men.. dont' ya think?

Ok.. i'll submit.. McCarthy it is :)

patrick.o
02-22-02, 11:34 PM
We've got to have ONE division of drunken mad men.. dont' ya think?
If I play can I be in that division? :lol:

Saxmania
02-23-02, 04:46 AM
Running out of time to make a decision, patrick! ;)

I've posted a poll on this forum - hopefully owners will stop by and voice their opinion over the weekend.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

patrick.o
02-23-02, 10:55 AM
Sax, here's what I told Boz the other day regarding wether or not I'm going to play - If it's ok you you guys, I'm gonna leave it up to fate. If the deadline for joining arrives and you have an odd number of people and need one more to make everything work out, count me in. If you get an even number of people I'll sit out this year. (And as I also told him, don't be misled - if I end up playing it won't be some half-hearted effort. I'll be putting in enough time to whip all your asses thoroughly! :p )

Bozidar
02-23-02, 04:00 PM
aww man :) you ruined the suprise ;) I was going to wait till we were short a man, and then whip you outta my hip pocket, like McGuyver :D

patrick.o
02-24-02, 08:56 PM
lol, Boz! Wouldn't you need a ball point pen, a foil chewing gum wrapper, and some common household cleaner, too? :lol:

#1PaFan
02-25-02, 04:38 AM
Hey, don't forget the duct tape. :lol: