PDA

View Full Version : PUNCH THE DAMN MONKEY!

KayForPresident
08-09-00, 01:07 AM
Jim, I don't know if you can choose the banner ads with much flexibility, but could ya ................can the "punch the monkey" ad? Jeeezus...I almost had a seizure with that damn thing up there!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jim F.
08-09-00, 12:19 PM
You shouldn't be punching the monkey, KFP - you'll get hairy palms :D.

Unfortunatly, I don't have any say when it comes to which ads are run. What you can do is just refresh the page - and hopefully a different ad will come up. Or, you could try clicking on it, that always helps, I've heard ;).

-jim

KayForPresident
08-09-00, 12:22 PM
Ha! Good one.

You can also hit the stop button on the browser. I was just pokin' some fun is all.

BTW, the "Morning Papers" feature is pretty cool. Nice job.

GoYanks
08-09-00, 11:43 PM
That ad runs a lot on the Daily News site, too. One day I walked away & returned to see my kitten trying to "catch" the monkey - honest! It was hysterical; she's the first cat I've ever had that pays attention to what's on a screen ... she watches movement on TV, too, guess she'll learn to get into the excitement of a Yankee game :)!

JeanC
09-13-00, 11:12 AM
Here it is (or was) 7:45 am in the morning my time and my eyes were still glued half shut but Im roving the BB. site hubby just got off the puter so I thought I'd check it out!
And I'm in Suggestions to see the current "news" and I see this topic!!!!! I nearly fell out of the Chair Laughing!
Not only about the Tease of the Monkey Ad!!! But a Cat trying to catch the Monkey!!!!!
TOOOO MUCH FOR EARLY MORNING!!!!!!! LMAO
Great Topic Thanks For The Early Morning Humor KFP & Jim!!!
Lots OF LMAO!!!!
Jeanne

JeanC
09-19-00, 03:30 PM
HAD To Bring This back UP Jim!!!!
BRILLANT KFP Brillant!!! LOL!!:D
I WANTED A REALLY GOOD LAUGH Today!!!!!
ROTFL!!!!!!!!:D:D:D
Jeanne

Jim F.
11-14-00, 11:49 PM
I'm bringing this post up again because I found something funny. I was going through the referral stats for the site; namely what words were used in search engines to arrive here.

Well, I found one which struck me as kind of odd; somebody had searched on Google for "Monkey Punch Banner" - here are the results:

http://www.google.com/search?q=monkey+punch+banner

If you scroll down towards the bottom of the page, about three up from the bottom, this post came up as a search result. For some reason I find this very amusing - and random ;).

-jim

KayForPresident
11-15-00, 09:19 AM
:D
That's hysterical!

Just doin' my part, Jimbo.