PDA

View Full Version : Name the top five all time yankee shortstops, and rank them!

Sixty one
11-30-01, 10:47 AM
I heard recently they ran this poll regarding the top five Met shortstops. This made me think of the top five for the yanks.
This is what I came up with:
1. Jeter
2. Rizutto
3. Crosetti
4. Kubek
5. Dent

What do you think? the fourth and fifth ones were a challenge and I have a feeling will create a alittle bit of a controversy!:confused: :confused: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY:

Chris
11-30-01, 10:54 AM
I'd switch one and two and four and five.

I think Jeter will be better than Scooter when all is said and done but I need to see more of his career before I put him up there, you never know what happens tomorrow

Gehrig
11-30-01, 11:08 AM
I'm not going to place Jeter in there yet...Not until he's done...

1. Rizutto
2. Crosetti
3. Koenig
4. Kubek
5. Peckinpaugh (The original Ironman)

kgblues
11-30-01, 07:59 PM
Gehrig nailed it!

penguin4
12-02-01, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Gehrig

5. Peckinpaugh (The original Ironman)
Don't you mean Scott? (Or did they actually call Peckinpaugh "Ironman"?)

Michaels07
12-02-01, 09:04 PM
Just the guys that i saw play.
# 1 Jeter
# 2 Rizzuto
# 3. Crosetti
# 4. Kubek
# 5. Dent

Sixty one
12-02-01, 10:56 PM
I'm glad you agree with me Michaels07. I was sure you would come up with someone I hadn't thought of. I understand Ford's new book ranks his top yankees by position. I haven't seen it so I can't comment on it.:) :NY: :NY: :NY:

Michaels07
12-02-01, 11:34 PM
I did see Gil MacDougal play short,but only for 2 yrs. Stick Michael was a slick fielder but he needed a tennis racket to hit the ball. Tom Tresh played short for a year,but was better in the outfield.
No, i havent seen the Ford Book, guess i will take a look at BN.

Gehrig
12-03-01, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by penguin4

Don't you mean Scott? (Or did they actually call Peckinpaugh "Ironman"?)

Doh !!

Actually, my original answer had Everett Scott but he only played 3 full seasons with the Yankees. I just forgot to delete the paren comment and it stuck with Roger...

Sixty one
12-03-01, 05:16 PM
Michaels07..... I had the opportunity to meet Tom Tresh this past summer at an oldtimers dinner and found him to be a cordial, regular guy who was pleasant to talk to and be with. I introduced him to my son, who believe it or not, I named after. He got a kick out of that. I remember Tresh mostly as an outfielder who had knee problems that hurt his career. His father Mike, I believe, was a catcher in the majors for the Tigers or White Sox.:NY: :NY: :NY: :NY: