PDA

View Full Version : October 2, 1978

ConnYankee
10-02-01, 10:40 PM
Anniversary of the day Bucky Dent slammed the big one over the Green Monster!!!!!!!!

And I'm still laughing about it!

Slippery Elm
10-02-01, 10:54 PM
You know, all day I've been trying think of what is familiar about October 2nd. I knew it had some significance, big time. But I suppose I've been so distracted by the WTC atrocity I somehow forgot it, even though I have the videotape and consider it the most exciting game I ever saw.

Thanks for reminding me.

"It's a home run!!!" - Bill White.

KENMonteSS86
10-03-01, 08:30 AM
That ball is....gone!!!!!

Just remember, however, guess who drove in the WINNING run???

REG-GIE!!!!!!!

Jimbo
10-06-01, 01:16 AM
Ahhhh the memories...Bucky, Reggie...oh yeah, what memories!

bagger015
10-09-01, 09:12 PM
:NY: A game that I will neva forget. What a comeback that year was. The memories are forever...:NY: :)

LSluggo
10-10-01, 09:51 AM
In 1978 I was a Dodger fan having recently moved to NYC from the left coast. Being a Dodger fan I was a Yankee hater but have to admit that I quietly admired them from afar. I knew that my Dodgers were in for trouble after having been beaten in the 1977 series but I held hope that they would avenge that loss. When Bucky hit that home run I had a very sick feeling that we were in for more of the same. And sure enough it came to pass. I became a Yankee fan right after the great Thurman Munsons death and I now look back at '77 and '78 and wished that I had been a Yankee fan then to be able to relish those memories. But alas I am one now and I thank God for allowing me to see the light. Also I married a girl that was a lifelong Yankee fan and she would not have it any other way....lol.