PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney to Aid NYFD

#1Coneyfan
09-22-01, 08:00 AM
Here's a nice tribute from a former Beatle!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=14641

September 21

Paul McCartney will perform a concert in New York City to benefit the city's firefighters in the next month.

McCartney was on board a plane on a New York City airport runway when terrorists hijacked two planes and flew them into the World Trade Center's twin towers last week, and has been in the city since the tragedy. McCartney told New York's WPLJ radio station today that he was headed back to the U.K. to plan a concert for Red Square in Moscow, which he has since postponed.

"I am going to do a concert here in New York within the next month to benefit all firemen," McCartney said. "I also have a connection there, because my father was a fireman in Liverpool during World War II. I'd also just like to take a second to say to all the people of New York, God bless everyone and good luck to us all, and thanks to all of the heroes and heroines who've been helping with the situation."

McCartney is currently looking into NYC venues to host the event.

ANDREW DANSBY

# 21 Forever
09-22-01, 08:12 AM
That is so wonderful ! Paul is a superstar in every sense of the word. God Bless him!

OklaYankeeFan
09-22-01, 08:57 AM
I saw a refrence to this yesterday on Beatles board but I had no idea he had been in a plane on Tuesday. How totally scary. My neighbor was in Lithuania on that day. Still not home.

# 21 Forever
09-22-01, 10:55 AM
Paul is a class act!

yankeeholic
09-22-01, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by # 21 Forever
Paul is a class act! Always was and always will be. As Bush said in his great speech the other night. "the british are our truest friends"!

jess2
09-22-01, 11:53 AM
That is great of him. I also think it's cool that he's a Yankees fan!:)