PDA

View Full Version : Save of Beloved Ball Park...It's Hallowed Ground.

Jimbo
08-25-01, 08:50 AM
Yankees Faithful,
Here is the address for Yankee Stadium to write your letters asking to Save the Stadium...I think we should send them to the attention of Randy Levine, Brian Cashman or George Steinbrenner III...

New York Yankees
Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY 10451

Also send letters to Yankees Magazine pleading our case to save Yankee Stadium to:
magazine@yankees.com

I have a thought and I'll run it by everyone...In Yankees magazine the ballclub offers tours of Yankee Stadium...highlights of the tour include touring Monument park, The Field, The Dugout, The Clubhouse, Scorboard, Operations and Press Box. This is advertised as The Champions Tour and costs 15 bucks.

There is an exclusive tour for individuals and groups under 12 people that meets at noon at the press gate from Monday - Sunday when the team is on the road and Monday - Friday when the team is at home. No reservations are required for this tour.

For groups of 12 people or more you must make a reservation. These tours run from 10AM - 4PM from Monday - Friday and Saturday at 10AM - 11AM when the team is on the road.

Consider this, while touring the Stadium, say Monument Park we can leave letters (addressed to members of the Yankees organization I listed or suggested) or a small placard pleading to save Yankee Stadium...

If paying for the tour is not your thing...then leave a letter or a small placard in Monument Park after taking the tour prior to a game.

It's food for thought...let me know what you all think...

Jimbo

Jim F.
08-28-01, 11:09 AM
Jimbo,

This is a great idea - I'm in! Let's take a group tour of the stadium, we'll take the place over!! :lol:

-jim

Jimbo
08-28-01, 07:28 PM
Jim F,
Maybe I should post something in Just conversation and see if I can rally some support...stay tuned...

Jersey Yankee
09-05-01, 04:44 AM
I'm in. I wouldn't mind taking a tour of The Stadium with Yankee friends more knowledgeable than myself. So long as we leave that DannyAlmonte Mut$ fan home, I'm OK.