PDA

View Full Version : UK Newbie

RealWilloman
06-17-16, 06:39 AM
Hello all Yankees fans.

I'm Gavin from the UK. I'm coming to the US in September for a multi city trip. Boston, DC, Philadelphia and NYC are my stops. I've already got tickets for an Eagles game as both NYC teams aren't playing when I'm there but I will get to see the Yankees.

I've ordered two tickets for the game against #BeatLA on the 14th September. It's a 16:05 kick off which isn't ideal but I couldn't quite fit the game in the night before at 19:05.

My question is, what are these afternoon games like atmosphere wise? Do they sell out? What's the best thing to eat in the stadium?

I was unsure where was best to sit so I bought tickets with the best view of the stadium and behind the batter so I can see the action although I am in the clouds at the back of the grandstand.

I am looking forward to it as it will be my first live baseball game, I do watch it on the TV though.

Thanks
Gavin

ArodEra
06-17-16, 10:59 AM
Hello all Yankees fans.

I'm Gavin from the UK. I'm coming to the US in September for a multi city trip. Boston, DC, Philadelphia and NYC are my stops. I've already got tickets for an Eagles game as both NYC teams aren't playing when I'm there but I will get to see the Yankees.

I've ordered two tickets for the game against #BeatLA on the 14th September. It's a 16:05 kick off which isn't ideal but I couldn't quite fit the game in the night before at 19:05.

My question is, what are these afternoon games like atmosphere wise? Do they sell out? What's the best thing to eat in the stadium?

I was unsure where was best to sit so I bought tickets with the best view of the stadium and behind the batter so I can see the action although I am in the clouds at the back of the grandstand.

I am looking forward to it as it will be my first live baseball game, I do watch it on the TV though.

Thanks
Gavin

Hi Gavin. Welcome to the forum.

Most weekday "day" games aren't sold out for obvious reasons, and are typically quieter and calmer than night games. However, this game is a 16:05 start as opposed to the usual 13:05 day game, so you might get a late, after-work crowd filing in during the mid to late innings, so that might fill the stadium more add to the excitement. It's a nice first experience and I think you'll have a good time regardless.

As for food, the Lobel steak sandwich is by far the best offering at Yankee Stadium. It's prime meat and you get a decent portion; it's incredible. You can find it on the lower (field) level, third base side.

Good luck and enjoy your visit to the States!

RealWilloman
06-18-16, 09:01 AM
Thanks for replying and for all the info. I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully the atmosphere builds up when people finish work then.

I will defo try the steak sandwich, thanks for that tip too.

matt2351
07-08-16, 08:06 PM
Thanks for replying and for all the info. I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully the atmosphere builds up when people finish work then.

I will defo try the steak sandwich, thanks for that tip too.

It's pricey, but it is really good. I agree that it's the best food in the stadium.

ajra21
07-09-16, 09:13 PM
Hello all Yankees fans.

Thanks
Gavin

damn foreigners coming over here and stealing our sports.

BroadwayBomber55
08-02-16, 11:59 AM
Hello all Yankees fans.

Thanks
Gavin

Hello Gavin.

Where in the UK are you from?

I visited England a couple of times in London, Manchester and Liverpool thanks to their association football/soccer traditions. I want to go back there.