PDA

View Full Version : French guy who can't wait to go to his first game EVER

Liam Taliesin
03-31-15, 08:15 PM
Hi guys,

Here's my deal: I'm a 32 yo guy from France, I've been interested in baseball for a while now, I mean, I've only watched a couple of games on Youtube (your national pastime is not very popular over here, unfortunately) but I follow scores and World Series results, and that's about it. It's pretty frustrating, because I just can't watch anything "for real", certainly not live anyway, and yet I love the game. I really do. I'm not entirely sure I understand all the ins-and-outs of it (statistics and "at bats" and batting averages and so on just go over my head) but the actual plays I can grasp pretty well. And if there's one team that just makes me dream, it's the Yankees.

But anyway. For the first time ever, I will be visiting the USA, NYC to be exact, in a couple of weeks. And I just HAVE to go to a Yankee game. I have to. It's too great an opportunity to miss. And I'm really excited about that!

The problem is, this trip is sort of a treat for my Mom, who isn't interested in Baseball AT ALL, and it's just the two of us. So I'l probably be going to the game on my own, but it's a damn shame. I'd love it if someone could explain to me the subtle, unspoken, or otherwise hidden rules, the traditions, and all the things I need to know to have the best possible time. But I just don't know anybody in New York, or at least the few people I know aren't into baseball either.

I'm going to the April 24th game against the Mets. I haven't bought my tickets yet, it's the only game I can go to since there are no others in the week I'll be spending in the City. So, I don't want to seem forward, but would anyone be interested in going with me? Maybe you've got an extra ticket you want to sell me, or something. Or you could advise me on the best (reasonably priced) seating areas...

I should say straight away that this is not a ploy to get a date or anything like that (although, if any charming lady's reading this... *in Pepé Le Pew's voice*: Hello, ma chérie... Just kidding). I'm only interested in making new friends, really, and learning more about the Yankees and baseball.

Thanks for reading.

Is there another area of the forum I should put this into?

Talk to you guys later,

Liam

hardrain
04-02-15, 09:19 PM
I am sorry that no one got back to you. But good luck in NYC and thanks for the help against Cornwallis.

Liam Taliesin
04-05-15, 09:53 PM
Yeah, ok, sooooo no one then? Alright, hell I'll just have to go on my own then. No biggie.
I really thought at least one person would be interested...

montrealer
04-06-15, 01:22 PM
Greetings..........