PDA

View Full Version : How's the view of 400-level seating?

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
03-04-14, 10:24 AM
Just like the thread title asks, can anyone breakdown the view from seats in the 400-levels seating?

I did the 'virtual view' test on the Yankees site, and the seats look pretty great. I guess I'm just looking for confirmation.

effdamets
03-04-14, 11:01 AM
Just like the thread title asks, can anyone breakdown the view from seats in the 400-levels seating?

I did the 'virtual view' test on the Yankees site, and the seats look pretty great. I guess I'm just looking for confirmation.
I had 400 level seats for a few seasons. I didn't like them. But not for the view. It was because of the people that I sat near. No one seemed interested in the game. Everyone was getting up and down the whole game without regard to the other fans. I missed a lot of pitches because people were going to get food/drinks/bathroom.
If you sit near or in the front rows, you'll be fine. The view is great.

YankeeJimBeam
03-04-14, 11:01 AM

You didnt indicate which section. The views are good but they can be far away. One of the big differences between New and Old YS is that the decks are recessed and dont overhang one another. As a result, seats in the grandstand are farther away than old stadium. You probably want to stay within the first 5-6 rows in the section.

That being said, I think they are one of the better values in the stadium.

YankeeJimBeam
03-04-14, 11:03 AM
I had 400 level seats for a few seasons. I didn't like them. But not for the view. It was because of the people that I sat near. No one seemed interested in the game. Everyone was getting up and down the whole game without regard to the other fans. I missed a lot of pitches because people were going to get food/drinks/bathroom.
If you sit near or in the front rows, you'll be fine. The view is great.

Funny, I felt the same way the 1-2 times I sat in legends. People there for the food but didnt care about the game itself

effdamets
03-04-14, 11:10 AM
Funny, I felt the same way the 1-2 times I sat in legends. People there for the food but didnt care about the game itself
I haven't sat there yet. But I can see that happening.

Hey - that's what the Yankees wanted when they developed the new stadium.
All the distractions behind the game will get more people to attend - even if they're there not to watch the game.

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
03-04-14, 12:53 PM
To get specific, sec. 415/17 and 421. The rows I believe vary from 9-11, and that appears far back?

dstoffa
03-04-14, 03:50 PM
One of the big differences between New and Old YS is that the decks are recessed and dont overhang one another. As a result, seats in the grandstand are farther away than old stadium. You probably want to stay within the first 5-6 rows in the section.

Not exactly true. Distance to the field as a function of old/renovated versus new will depend on how far down the line you are.

In the Old / Renovated joint, the upper tier was further back from the field than in the new stadium if you are seated behind the plate or infield.

In the Old / Renovated joint, you are closer to the field than in the new stadium if you are seating in the outfield / fair territory.

In the old place, you could touch the foul poles from the first row of the tier box, and even climb down them (I've seen it done... Beer muscles at work apparently). In the new place, no way you can touch them.

That being said, I think they are one of the better values in the stadium.

Agreed. $20 for GS and $28 for GS Infield cannot be beat.

Cheers!
-Doug