PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm here :)

KnobbyMarisGirl
08-16-01, 06:43 PM
Hey everyone I just signed up last night and I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone eventually throughout the forum.

My first name is Lauren and im 18 years old, I just graduated high school and will be attending Sacred Heart University in the fall (which is really not that far away :( )

I sometimes get labeled as a bandwagon Yankee fan as im sure many others do, but when you get to know me better you'll realize baseball and the Yankees are in my genes starting with my great great grandfather during the Babe Ruth era and my family have been die hard Yankees fans ever since. I don't watch the Yankees to stare at Derek Jeters butt NO WAY JOSE!!!!!! I absolutely love the game and fascinated by it and probably know more about it than people think i do...in all seriousness I have been approached my male adults especially my fathers friends during my brothers baseball games in which i tend to talk a lot about baseball and critigue my brothers performance quite often (and my brother is the next Derek Jeter no joke and im not being biased im completely serious he was in our local paper many many times for baseball) and ive been told buy these people that they have never met a young woman with so much knowledge, passion and love for the game of baseball in general not just the yankees, and besides knowing the yankees well i can also tell you many stats about other teams i follow them all :) ok well enough bragging but thats who i am pathetic? maybe.... but i love it... and im sorry if you hate me now hehe

Eddie160
08-16-01, 06:56 PM
welcome to the best Yankees site on the net .all Yankees fans welcomed here yes even those of the band wagon type though from what it sounds like you aren't one of those band wangoneers .welcome enjoy and good luck in collage and good luck to your brother :D

bagger015
08-16-01, 10:42 PM
:NY: Welcome to the internet's best for Yankee coverage and boards. Enjoy...:)

ClayBelle
08-17-01, 01:50 AM
Welcome Lauren! Happy posting! :)

allybear
08-17-01, 08:54 AM
Welcome aboard Lauren! Wait till you meet Jean C - she loves Roger Maris - you guys will have lots to talk about!

Looking forward to lots of good Yankees talk with you! :)

Keep smiling and enjoy...:)

YanksRockMan
08-17-01, 09:54 AM
Welcome!

Bozidar
08-17-01, 10:06 AM
Welcome aboard. Happy posting, and good luck at SHU!!! You'll do great!

ZYANK
08-17-01, 07:14 PM
:)Welcome! :)

PinstripePride
08-30-01, 08:45 PM
Welcome!

NYYCutie47
08-30-01, 09:34 PM
Hey! Welcome to this forum. I can realate to you because I am 16 years old and people think I am a bandwagon fan because I find alot of guys on the team attractive :lol:! And you know it isn't fair because alot of guys I know don't believe I have knowledge about the sport because of that and they don't even believe I know how to read box scores. Well, needless to say they are shocked when I prove them wrong! But, like you, I come from a long line of baseball fans in my family and I am very knowledgable about it! And BTW I wish your bro the best of luck to make majors!

IrishDancer
08-31-01, 08:52 AM
My family comes from a long line of baseball fans. Problem is, starting with my grandfather and going back, they were Red Sox fans. :p Well, at least my father had some sense. :D

Oh, and BTW, welcome to B-B.com! :D :)

pacewon
09-04-01, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the Rock.

Butnud
09-10-01, 10:46 AM
Welcoem Aboard Girl!

This is what I like to see on the boards. A person who knows the game. NOT somebody who mimicks the game and say that they know all but in reality know nothing!

Way To Go and again welcome aboard!

Just a little kick in,

I am Rob and I have been around these awesoem boards since Feb 2000. So I know the rules and everything thereafter. So please feel free to ask me questions and such!

Again Welcome and Enjoy!

Rob

Carissa
09-10-01, 12:20 PM
Welcome Lauren! :)

Great screen name!