PDA

View Full Version : World Series 2012: Detroit Tigers vs San Francisco Giants

RhodyYanksFan
10-24-12, 03:00 PM
Really? No thread on this yet?

I think this will be a fun series. Usually game 1 doesn't matter too much, but if the Giants can pull out a win against Verlander tonight I think it'll set them up very well for the rest of the series. Even without that, I still think they win in 6. I based my guess on this really insightful article by Jonah Keri.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8545158/san-francisco-take-home-second-title-three-years

NerfBall55
10-24-12, 03:13 PM
I'm not seeing the "do not care" option.

Actually, F Detroit. Giants in 6.

PettittesPrincess
10-24-12, 03:33 PM
Giants in 6.

Tifoso
10-24-12, 03:56 PM
Giants in 6:D

Yankee Tripper
10-24-12, 04:07 PM
I'm not seeing the "do not care" option.

^this

I'll root for good baseball. Something you don't see often. A 20 K game, a no-hitter, a 4 HR game, spectatular defensive plays. Something memorable. Otherwise 3 years from now I'll probably have to look up which 2 teams were playing this year.

I'm loosely rooting for Detroit becasue they are AL but I won't be heartbroken or anything if the Giants win. Though I do like Kung Fu Panda so if he's having a good series, my allegiance may flip to the Giants.

snapple
10-24-12, 04:11 PM
Fk the team that beats the team I root for. GO GIANTS!

hongchihkuo
10-24-12, 06:05 PM
There's absolutely no way Melky Cabrera can receive a ring. The Tigers have to take care of that. Also, if the Tigers win, Cashman has to acknowledge that the Jackson/Coke - Granderson trade was a mistake, turn the page, and decline the option on Granderson for 2013.

Jersey
10-24-12, 07:06 PM
Wow I'm surprised so many voted for Giants in 6. All I've been hearing and have thought myself was Detroit in 6 (good point sighted in here concerning Melky not getting a ring too). Are people thinking that is truly going to be the result or it's what they are hoping for?

skyblue17
10-24-12, 07:09 PM
I'm going with Giants in six. If all three major elements stay as strong as they were in the second half of the NLCS (starting pitching, defense, getting men across the plate), they have a pretty strong chance.

Genuine question: is there an actual rule that Melky would get a ring if the Giants were to win because he played with the team for a certain amount of time? Because I wouldn't be surprised if they don't allow him to have one if they win. He really has fallen out of favor with a lot of that club.

Yankee Tripper
10-24-12, 07:18 PM
I'm going with Giants in six. If all three major elements stay as strong as they were in the second half of the NLCS (starting pitching, defense, getting men across the plate), they have a pretty strong chance.

Genuine question: is there an actual rule that Melky would get a ring if the Giants were to win because he played with the team for a certain amount of time? Because I wouldn't be surprised if they don't allow him to have one if they win. He really has fallen out of favor with a lot of that club.
Not sure why he wouldn't get a ring. They gave one to Bengi Molina when he was traded and played AGAINST them in the world series.

He was a large part of the reason for them being right in the race until he got popped. I can see why he is presona non-gratis right now and he probably won't be invited to the ring cermony but pretty sure he'll get a ring if they win.

Yankee Tripper
10-24-12, 07:19 PM
There's absolutely no way Melky Cabrera can receive a ring. The Tigers have to take care of that. Also, if the Tigers win, Cashman has to acknowledge that the Jackson/Coke - Granderson trade was a mistake, turn the page, and decline the option on Granderson for 2013.
So cut off your nose to spite your face?

Yankee Tripper
10-24-12, 07:20 PM
If I have to pick I'll say Tigers in 6. They are pitching too well right now.

fredgmuggs
10-24-12, 07:35 PM
If I have to pick I'll say Tigers in 6. They are pitching too well right now.

The Tigers shall win four games in this series. As to the number of games it takes them to win these 4 games, I have no idea.

NerfBall55
10-24-12, 07:41 PM
There's absolutely no way Melky Cabrera can receive a ring. The Tigers have to take care of that.

You're right. The guy who hits his wife and drives under the influence should get one instead.

skyblue17
10-24-12, 07:51 PM
Not sure why he wouldn't get a ring. They gave one to Bengi Molina when he was traded and played AGAINST them in the world series.

He was a large part of the reason for them being right in the race until he got popped. I can see why he is presona non-gratis right now and he probably won't be invited to the ring cermony but pretty sure he'll get a ring if they win.

I agree that he would get one should they win, just was curious if there's an actual obligation that they do so in his situation.

RhodyYanksFan
10-24-12, 07:54 PM
You're right. The guy who hits his wife and drives under the influence should get one instead.

Bravo.

Also if you don't want to giveMelky one then you have to take A Rods away too.

b-ball-lunachick
10-24-12, 09:08 PM
or how about the racist anti-semite? I still can't believe Delmon young did so much damage in the series vs us. grr. He's not even good at baseball.

or how about the assclown Valverde?

I guess i'm rooting for the Giants but I want Mad Dog to be miserable.

I'm torn. :D

ETA - I voted Giants/7 - hope it comes back to bite the Tigers that the AL didn't have home field -- wasn't it Verlander who stunk it up in the ASG? :D

skyblue17
10-24-12, 09:10 PM
It was Verlander who gave up 5 runs in the first inning of the ASG. Pablo Sandoval, who hit the first inning homer off of him tonight, hit a base clearing triple in that first inning of the ASG.

Hobie
10-24-12, 09:13 PM
Are 2 out base-hits with RISP legal?

Edit: Pablo Sandoval owns Verlander...wow.

wexy
10-24-12, 09:15 PM
Now that I am thinking about that three hour mid game interview that TBS did with Verlander, I think I am going to root for the Giants.

sweet_lou_14
10-24-12, 09:18 PM
Just hilarious as the Giants slap Verlander around in Game 1.

b-ball-lunachick
10-24-12, 09:22 PM
It was Verlander who gave up 5 runs in the first inning of the ASG. Pablo Sandoval, who hit the first inning homer off of him tonight, hit a base clearing triple in that first inning of the ASG.
thanks..thought so. :)

Now that I am thinking about that three hour mid game interview that TBS did with Verlander, I think I am going to root for the Giants.

did that happen during the last game? i was at a work function and it was on in the background, sound down but when we got blown out so bad, i never watched it when i went home but i remember looking up when i could sneak a look and he had that headset on for what seemed like forever. what was he doing - play by play? :mad:

Heatseeker
10-24-12, 09:26 PM
No need for the Giants to wear Verlander down. They are already making him look mortal in the 3rd inning. Wish our team could have done that.

awy
10-24-12, 09:32 PM
giants will sweep them

sweet_lou_14
10-24-12, 09:34 PM
Hypothetically.

If Barry Zito beats Verlander in Game 1 ... if Barry Zito ends up with two wins in this series ... and if the Giants win it all ...

Does that mean his awful, awful contract was worth it?

skyblue17
10-24-12, 09:39 PM
And that's Barry Zito's second RBI this postseason.

This Giants team seem to pretty much credit Barry's win in Game 5 to be what got them to the World Series, both literally in allowing them to go back to San Francisco, and giving them the final push to win those past two games. He's among the heroes of their postseason so far, so it just might justify that contract.

awy
10-24-12, 09:41 PM
barry zito more rbi than cano yo

wexy
10-24-12, 10:07 PM
thanks..thought so. :)

did that happen during the last game? i was at a work function and it was on in the background, sound down but when we got blown out so bad, i never watched it when i went home but i remember looking up when i could sneak a look and he had that headset on for what seemed like forever. what was he doing - play by play? :mad:

He wouldn't get off, he was just cheering as the Tigers were kicking us around.

-tz
10-24-12, 10:16 PM

From the Game Thread for the last game ... from 5:08 PM to 5:27 PM ... nineteen solid minutes:

Because we need to hear from Verlander now

Why is Verlander STILL talking?

Justin, what is your favorite color?

can we please shut Verlander up

Is Verlander still talking?

Justin, are there any words to describe what it's like to know that Kate Upton is showering in the next room?

CC's not sharp and now we have to listen to the Verlander in game show.

Oh, yeah. I'm too annoyed by Verlander to read the score thingie properly. :lol:

I didnt know I was watching the game on the Detroit Tigers network.

OK, I'm getting on a plane to Detroit to rip that headset off of Verlander.

omg, please someone SHUT him up!

Why do they think we want to hear him at all, much less this long? WTF?

Hey, I'm glad I've tuned into The Justin Verlander show. This must be a new show on TBS.

I would like Delmon Young to host after Verlander, please. Tnks

And Verlander is back. These commentators have a hardcore man crush.

Why are they STILL talking to Verlander?

He's such a handsome devil.

Justin....boxers or briefs? :lol:

Yankee Tripper
10-24-12, 10:42 PM
^this

I'll root for good baseball. Something you don't see often. A 20 K game, a no-hitter, a 4 HR game, spectatular defensive plays. Something memorable. Otherwise 3 years from now I'll probably have to look up which 2 teams were playing this year.

I'm loosely rooting for Detroit becasue they are AL but I won't be heartbroken or anything if the Giants win. Though I do like Kung Fu Panda so if he's having a good series, my allegiance may flip to the Giants.
If Panda can go yard again :eek:

RhodyYanksFan
10-25-12, 09:01 AM
Hypothetically.

If Barry Zito beats Verlander in Game 1 ... if Barry Zito ends up with two wins in this series ... and if the Giants win it all ...

Does that mean his awful, awful contract was worth it?

Imagine how awesome the Giants would be if they had this Zito and 2010's Lincecum at the same time??

MoVaughnEatsAlot
10-25-12, 09:06 AM
Imagine how awesome the Giants would be if they had this Zito and 2010's Lincecum at the same time??

AND 2001 Barry Bonds

pleasepassthesoup
10-25-12, 09:21 AM
AND 2001 Barry Bonds

AND 1965 Willie Mays

RhodyYanksFan
10-25-12, 09:21 AM
AND 2001 Barry Bonds

Then they'd be cheating.

My favorite play was Delmon Young's 20ft throw into the left field grass on Zito's RBI hit. He's a horrible fielder and I have no idea why old smokey put him out there, especially at Pac Bell Park.

jcarey
10-25-12, 11:52 AM
Justin Verlander's pants are too tight.

RhodyYanksFan
10-26-12, 03:46 PM
A Giants sweep would be wonderful however I expect the Tigers to have more success at home vs a right handed pitcher.

EvanJ
10-26-12, 04:12 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/world-series-game-2-is-crucial-and-the-san-francisco-giants-take-advantage-of-their-chance/2012/10/25/42171ef0-1efe-11e2-9746-908f727990d8_story.html says "In the last 30 years, 13 teams have been in the Giantsí current position. Every one has won the World Series, including famous upsets or sweeps." By "Giants' current position," it means up 2-0, but the author is wrong because of the 1996 Yankees.

Tifoso
10-26-12, 04:26 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/world-series-game-2-is-crucial-and-the-san-francisco-giants-take-advantage-of-their-chance/2012/10/25/42171ef0-1efe-11e2-9746-908f727990d8_story.html says "In the last 30 years, 13 teams have been in the Giantsí current position. Every one has won the World Series, including famous upsets or sweeps." By "Giants' current position," it means up 2-0, but the author is wrong because of the 1996 Yankees.

2-0 at home, maybe?

Jersey Yankee
10-26-12, 11:22 PM
Please let Motown lose the next 2 games at home. That way, they'll be the ones who had the biggest postseason choke, and not the Yankees.

jlw1980
10-27-12, 11:51 AM
A Giants sweep would be wonderful however I expect the Tigers to have more success at home vs a right handed pitcher.

I think they could sweep, even though I voted that they'd win in 6 games. They killed Verlander.

JfromJersey
10-27-12, 12:04 PM
Please let Motown lose the next 2 games at home. That way, they'll be the ones who had the biggest postseason choke, and not the Yankees.

What do you mean by choke? If you mean getting swept in a post season series, it's happened often enough and i really wouldn't define it as a choke, even if the team that was swept was the favorite. Choke implies being up in a series by a considerable number and choking that lead away, like the Yankees in 2004.

PettittesPrincess
10-27-12, 01:37 PM
As much as I would like for the Giants to sweep, I would like them to win it at home too. Either way I love watching Detroit get smacked around.

skyblue17
10-27-12, 02:08 PM
I said the Giants in six originally too, but that was before the first two games. They have a good momentum going and of course, their chemistry is fantastic. I'm hoping they win tonight because I'd love Ryan Vogelsong to have another spectacular outing on top of the ones he's already had.

I don't doubt the Tigers are going to grab one or two at home though, and I wouldn't be against this series going back to San Francisco. They've gotten a chance to celebrate with their team more than in 2010 (where every postseason series was won on the road) but getting a chance to win in that ballpark would be great.

The small ball the Giants play is so great to watch. I know a lot of fans of the AL look down on that type of play, like it's not as legit as slugging, but damn, do the Giants know how to use it to their advantage.

Tifoso
10-27-12, 03:29 PM
The small ball the Giants play is so great to watch. I know a lot of fans of the AL look down on that type of play, like it's not as legit as slugging, but damn, do the Giants know how to use it to their advantage.

Agree, completely. We have the bats, but it would be nice to see small ball, too.

Jersey Yankee
10-27-12, 04:54 PM
What do you mean by choke? If you mean getting swept in a post season series, it's happened often enough and i really wouldn't define it as a choke, even if the team that was swept was the favorite. Choke implies being up in a series by a considerable number and choking that lead away, like the Yankees in 2004.
I couldn't think of a better word or term.

Either case, if the Giants sweep this thing, then I'd say the Yanks won't be the ones hearing about sweep all winter long.

JfromJersey
10-27-12, 06:20 PM
I couldn't think of a better word or term.

Either case, if the Giants sweep this thing, then I'd say the Yanks won't be the ones hearing about sweep all winter long.

True enough. I've had enough of the Tigers the last couple of years.

montrealer
10-27-12, 07:11 PM
Sweep ain't happening

jlw1980
10-28-12, 12:18 AM
Sweep ain't happening
Still think that?

skyblue17
10-28-12, 12:35 AM
I think there's a good chance the Tigers can grab tomorrow's game. Matt Cain is the Giants' ace but his control hasn't been as great these past few games and of Vogelsong, Zito and most recent start Bumgarner, Cain might actually be the weakest link at the moment. That said, he is Matt Cain, he's the Giants' equivalent to CC and he very rarely doesn't get it done. If Scherzer is on, it may come down to who gets a run across the plate first.

I noticed some booing after big Miggy/Prince strikeouts. That might also be enough to get them in gear and wake up their bats.

TheGameEpisode2
10-28-12, 01:46 AM
If the Tigers lose tomorrow, will there be articles about how Verlander, Cabrera, and Prince all choked?

Also, Leyland not having the infield in in the 7th in Game 2...that was ridiculous. This is the World Series man, you gotta save that run.

I think the Giants win tomorrow, especially with Cain on the mound.

PettittesPrincess
10-28-12, 01:55 AM
Might be getting that broom out after all. I think Cain will deliver.

26 and counting
10-28-12, 08:43 AM
The Tigers are looking very similar to a certain team last round that couldn't hit.

awy
10-29-12, 12:18 AM
giants will sweep them

boom.

Jax Teller
10-29-12, 01:16 AM
boom.

shakalaka

Jersey Yankee
10-29-12, 01:51 AM
True enough. I've had enough of the Tigers the last couple of years.
The Tigers were in the right place at the right time. Yanks were lazy, and the Giants proved that they could make Miggy and Fielder look very mediocre.

Jersey Yankee
10-29-12, 01:52 AM
Might be getting that broom out after all. I think Cain will deliver.
Cain was Able. :O :P

ajra21
10-29-12, 02:25 AM
Said this when we lost to them: fed up of losing to crappy teams who go on to lose to other crappy teams.

pleasepassthesoup
10-29-12, 10:01 AM
Said this when we lost to them: fed up of losing to crappy teams who go on to lose to other crappy teams.

But the Tigers were a good team that went on to lose to another good team...

jlw1980
10-29-12, 10:47 AM
The Tigers are looking very similar to a certain team last round that couldn't hit.

Despite getting swept, they still were hitting a lot better in the WS than the Yankees were hitting in the ALCS.

Yankee Tripper
10-29-12, 11:41 AM
Despite getting swept, they still were hitting a lot better in the WS than the Yankees were hitting in the ALCS.
No, they weren't. The stats are nearly identical. But either way it is still a very small sample of 4 games each.

The Yankees got very cold in the ALCS at the wrong time. The Tigers got very cold at the wrong time in the WS.

But congrats to the Giants they pitched very well when they needed to and got just enough offense to win. I mean other than G1, the Giants didn't really do much on offense.

Jersey Yankee
10-29-12, 12:18 PM
New avs for Motown crowd (please pick one):

http://data.whicdn.com/images/13534215/hobbs_loser_thumb.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nmRWD1XwwFk/UHqHP8oL0RI/AAAAAAAAAdE/qomLDFBFnZ8/s400/Loser.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/090916/Biggest-Loser-Daniel_l.jpg

http://www.psmueller.com/cartoons/samples/critters/0034%20Loserboy.gif

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1761147523/i_am_a_loser.jpg

Jersey Yankee
10-29-12, 12:20 PM
No, they weren't. The stats are nearly identical. But either way it is still a very small sample of 4 games each.

The Yankees got very cold in the ALCS at the wrong time. The Tigers got very cold at the wrong time in the WS.

But congrats to the Giants they pitched very well when they needed to and got just enough offense to win. I mean other than G1, the Giants didn't really do much on offense.
When your pitching gives you a pair of shutouts in the middle games, since the rotation + pen is lights out, you really don't need much offense.

PettittesPrincess
10-29-12, 12:28 PM
When your pitching gives you a pair of shutouts in the middle games, since the rotation + pen is lights out, you really don't need much offense.

Good pitching (in this case great pitching) beats good hitting. The better team won.

RogerNatural
10-29-12, 01:13 PM
The Tigers are looking very similar to a certain team last round that couldn't hit. You mean, Leyland pinch-hit for or benched Cabrera and Fielder ?

Jersey Yankee
10-29-12, 01:38 PM
You mean, Leyland pinch-hit for or benched Cabrera and Fielder ?
After both of them and Young went 1-2-3 in the 7th or 8th inning, he may as well have. Cabrera hit around .270, but Sandoval went 1-for-5 to LOWER his AVG to .500 (8-for-16). Unreal.

I still say that if Cabrera could trade his Triple Crown + likely MVP for a HR last night, he'd be crazy not to.

Jersey Yankee
10-29-12, 01:45 PM
Good pitching (in this case great pitching) beats good hitting. The better team won.
I call it dumb luck. The 3 runs last night would've won 3-2 vs SFG in Game 3, but Motown got shutout in that game.

Whether slugging in Game 1 or pitching duels in Games 2-3, San Fran managed to stay 1/2 a step ahead of the competition. The last 3 games were save situations, only 1- or 2-run games, I think.

Yankee Tripper
10-29-12, 01:53 PM
I still say that if Cabrera could trade his Triple Crown + likely MVP for a HR last night, he'd be crazy not to.
Was I watching a different game than you?

I'm sure he'd like that last pitch back but pretty sure his HR gave the Tigers their only short lived lead in the series.

Jersey Yankee
10-29-12, 02:39 PM
Was I watching a different game than you?

I'm sure he'd like that last pitch back but pretty sure his HR gave the Tigers their only short lived lead in the series.
I was referring to the pitch that sailed past him in the 9th for strike 3 to end the game. If he could trade that Triple Crown for a HR in THAT AB, he surely would've.

BroadwayBomber55
10-29-12, 02:53 PM
For all the flack Brian Sabean had as SF Giants GM between 2004-2008, you have to give credit where credit is due. He's now a two-time World Champion as GM since his appointment in 1997.

OlgMvp
10-29-12, 03:25 PM
and a Felix Rodriguez implosion from 3 rings.

PettittesPrincess
10-29-12, 03:39 PM
I call it dumb luck. The 3 runs last night would've won 3-2 vs SFG in Game 3, but Motown got shutout in that game.

Whether slugging in Game 1 or pitching duels in Games 2-3, San Fran managed to stay 1/2 a step ahead of the competition. The last 3 games were save situations, only 1- or 2-run games, I think.

That's dumb luck??

fredgmuggs
10-29-12, 04:03 PM
Possibly the lowest ratings ever for a World Series.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/10/29/world-series-ratings-eyes-of-the-world-not-on-tigers-giants/

Tifoso
10-29-12, 04:07 PM
I didn't watch, but I never do if the Yanks aren't in it.

Messerwhitescooter
10-29-12, 04:58 PM
Last night's game was good. Detroit played poorly overall, and didn't deserve to win. One good thing, the Yankees' f.o. won't be pursuing Prince Fielder.

Chacon
10-29-12, 05:23 PM
Who would have ever thought that the Giants would win 2 rings during the Zito contract? The entire baseball world had the contract pegged as a dud from the moment it was signed and it shockingly didn't cripple the franchise.

Gives me some hope for a few years from now when Tex and ARod become absolute non-factors like Zito is

Tifoso
10-29-12, 05:44 PM
Who would have ever thought that the Giants would win 2 rings during the Zito contract? The entire baseball world had the contract pegged as a dud from the moment it was signed and it shockingly didn't cripple the franchise.

Gives me some hope for a few years from now when Tex and ARod become absolute non-factors like Zito is

Didn't Zito pitch well in the PO's, though? (Again be patient: no Yankees = no Lou watching)

-tz
10-29-12, 05:50 PM
Didn't Zito pitch well in the PO's, though? (Again be patient: no Yankees = no Lou watching)No Zito this year = No Giant wins in postseason series. He did very well for them, starting with Game Five of the NLDS.

skyblue17
10-29-12, 05:59 PM
Didn't Zito pitch well in the PO's, though? (Again be patient: no Yankees = no Lou watching)

His NLDS game wasn't great (pulled at 2 and a third and Lincecum was put in) but he was handed the task of Game 5 of the NLCS which, if he had pitched poorly, could have ended the Giants season. He pitched a scoreless 7 and two thirds. His next outing was Game 1 of the World Series against Verlander and again, he had a great outing AND an RBI single off of Justin and that win definitely helped set the tone of the series. So yes, Zito's pitching was instrumental to the Giants' success this postseason.

Tifoso
10-29-12, 06:10 PM
Thanks, you two. :)

4bronxbombers
10-29-12, 08:07 PM

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/10/29/world-series-ratings-eyes-of-the-world-not-on-tigers-giants/

wow, that's pretty bad. :eek:

pleasepassthesoup
10-29-12, 11:25 PM

You should watch. It's baseball. That's the only thing that matters.

BroadwayBomber55
10-30-12, 02:19 AM
Some SF Giant fans took it to the extreme...:wtf:
http://http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/318745_10151103667871272_1729130026_n.jpg

BroadwayBomber55
10-30-12, 02:23 AM
Even more photos of the SF riot and Muni bus destruction. Seriously for the SF Giants fans who did this: C'Mon Man! :wtf:
http://www.munidiaries.com/2012/10/29/giants-win-world-series-sf-trashes-muni/

Props to the guy who was in the Muni bus just texting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYS5hETAZFw

Even some fans danced on a fire truck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2brFZvA5BM

kan_t
10-30-12, 05:26 AM
For all the flack Brian Sabean had as SF Giants GM between 2004-2008, you have to give credit where credit is due. He's now a two-time World Champion as GM since his appointment in 1997.
Agreed.

Btw Cashman's a fourth-time World Champion as GM since his appointment in 1998. But it seems that no one gives him any credit.

YankeePride1967
10-30-12, 01:01 PM
I was thinking about this last night. Obviously on a much lower priority than what happened. Imagine if the Yanks made it to the Series and made it to game 5. Game 5 would have been at the Stadium last night. It would have been the 1989 World Series all over. Or maybe they would have had to play the last 3 in SF.

skyblue17
10-30-12, 01:10 PM
I thought about that also. If the Yankees, Baltimore or DC had made the WS, who knows how that would have been handled. Obviously, the least of worries but I doubt it would be canceled.

jlw1980
10-30-12, 08:05 PM

How crazy that nearly 10 million fewer people watched it than the Series in 1968, when the U.S. had about 100 million fewer residents.

I watched most of the last game, just for the hell of it, since I knew I wouldn't see another baseball game until next spring. I didn't watch the first three.

jlw1980
10-30-12, 08:06 PM
I was thinking about this last night. Obviously on a much lower priority than what happened. Imagine if the Yanks made it to the Series and made it to game 5. Game 5 would have been at the Stadium last night. It would have been the 1989 World Series all over. Or maybe they would have had to play the last 3 in SF.

I thought about that, too. I wonder what they would've done.

jlw1980
10-30-12, 08:08 PM

Really? I guess their hitting didn't seem as bad because it wasn't the Yankees, and thus I didn't care. :lol:

35Knucklecurve
10-31-12, 11:21 AM
How crazy that nearly 10 million fewer people watched it than the Series in 1968, when the U.S. had about 100 million fewer residents.

I watched most of the last game, just for the hell of it, since I knew I wouldn't see another baseball game until next spring. I didn't watch the first three.
The 1968 WS was probably one of the best, IMO. I can still recall some of those games. I've already forgotten the ones played this year. :lol:

Sometimes I wonder how many people tune in to the WS when the Yankees are playing so they can root for the other team. I don't think too many people hate the Tigers or Giants, so that may account for some of the drastic drop in the ratings. Say what you will, the Yankees keep it interesting. :P