PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Hello

B5andYankeeFan
08-13-01, 12:49 AM
... Hello! I'm new here. You might recognize me from the msgnetwork.com boards where I also recently registered.

This is an awesome site. It could use an update right about now. :( The boards are great, though. One thing... isn't it possible to squeeze all the smileys into that little margin on the right there? Because I'm really too lazy to either click on "View All Smilies" or remember all the codes. I've seen this done on other Internet MB's.

Jim F.
08-13-01, 04:06 AM
B5andYankeeFan,

Welcome to Bronx-Bombers.com, and thank you for the compliments :).

This site is almost always updated within minutes of the completion of a game. Have you visited this site prior to today? Perhaps there are some cacheing issues with your browser, where it is displaying a page from a previous visit. If not, then it is possibly circumstances beyond our control have not allowed us to update the site in as timely a manner as usual. My apologies for the non-current information.

Regarding the smileys, you can insert any smiley into your post by just clicking on the smiley, there are no codes to remember. If your concern is that the full list of smilies is not available on the message posting screen, this is setup how it is now for several reasons. Among those reasons are limiting bandwidth requirements, reducing page loading times, in addition to the fact that some users have complained that the animated smilies can be a distraction while typing a message. In summation, it is quite possible to do what you have suggested, but we choose not to display smilies this way. I apologize if this is an inconvenience for you.

If you have any more comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email, or by posting a thread in the Suggestion Box - Forum Help forum.

Regards,
Jim F.
Bronx-Bombers.com

YanksRockMan
08-13-01, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the greatest site ever!! You will not be sorry for registering here because you will be so addicted that, umm, well, who knows?

Eddie160
08-13-01, 06:57 PM
welcome ! I will say that out of all of the Yankees sites I've visited this one is the best out there not only does Jim listen to it's members but he lets us know when changes are comming and asks us what our thoughts on the changes are . I have yet gone to a site where the moderator is as concerned with it's members as Jim is . This site rocks ! I hope you enjoy it as much as most of us here do.

JeanC
08-13-01, 10:16 PM
Welcome To Our Site!

bagger015
08-13-01, 11:11 PM
:D Welcome and Happy Posting great yankee site and improving daily.

ClayBelle
08-14-01, 12:31 AM
Welcome! :)

yankeesrule2000
08-14-01, 02:42 PM
Welcome, i will be looking forward to your posts...........