12-20-11, 05:39 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/

Go Canada!

montrealer
12-20-11, 05:55 AM
http://www.usahockey.com/

dabomb2045
12-20-11, 06:50 AM
I'm one of the 10 Americans who always looks forward to this tournament every year...always fun and exciting hockey

JDPNYY
12-20-11, 07:32 AM
I'm one of the 10 Americans who always looks forward to this tournament every year...always fun and exciting hockey

There's only 7 now. Two moved to Canada, 1 stopped caring.

Soriambi
12-20-11, 08:01 AM
There's only 7 now. Two moved to Canada, 1 stopped caring.

I originally read that as "I stopped caring." I'm glad that's not the case. I hope to never see the day that you stop caring about this tournament. The only thing that would break my heart more is if you stopped following Tiddlywinks.

BroadwayBomber55
12-20-11, 10:38 AM
Outside the Winter Olympic Ice Hockey Tournament and the senior World Championships, the IIHF World Juniors is another exciting ice hockey tournament.

Can't wait.

We'll see if the mighty Canadians bounce back from their heartbreaking collapse against Russia in the final in Buffalo last year.

Also, let's see if the United States can win their second IIHF World Junior Championship goal medal in three years as they return to the scene of their 2010 gold medal.

RhodyYanksFan
12-21-11, 09:14 AM
U-s-a! U-s-a!

b_joseph
12-21-11, 11:40 AM
Really underrated tournament amongst the masses. Every year you see such great Hockey and hopefully Russia can step up again.

CanoForPresident
12-23-11, 03:53 PM
Russsia is friggin stacked this year.

They have to be the favorites. I think the US is probably right behind them with Canada 3rd.

BroadwayBomber55
12-23-11, 04:51 PM
BB55's Predictions

Group A
1. Russia
2. Sweden
3. Slovakia
4. Switzerland
5. Latvia

Group B
1. Canada
2. United States
3. Czech Republic
4. Finland
5. Denmark

SLURPEE
12-23-11, 06:32 PM
Looking forward to watching J.T Miller.

dabomb2045
12-23-11, 06:36 PM
Lets hope the US team jells like it did two years ago....and not fail to figure things out as a unit like they did last year.

BroadwayBomber55
12-27-11, 12:15 PM
Group A action

Defending gold medalists Russia whitewashed Switzerland 3-0.

KHL's HC CSKA Moscow FW Nikita Gusev and Quebec Ramparts C Mikhail Grigorenko each had a goal and assist.

KHL's Salavat Yulaev Ufa G Andrei Vasilevski had a 30-save shutout.

Earlier, 1981 champions Sweden trounced Latvia 9-4.

Swedish Elite League Timra IK and Anaheim Duck LW Max Friberg scored a hat trick. Ottawa Senators C Mika Zibanejad added two goals.

Group B
15-time gold medalists Canada hammered two-time goal medalists Finland 8-1.

Ottawa Senators RW Mark Stone netted a hat trick. Florida Panthers C Jonathan Huberdeau had six points in his account with a goal and five assists.

Meanwhile, two-time gold medalists United States destroyed Finland 11-3.

Minnesota Wild prospect Charlie Coyle, who was part of the trade that sent Brent Burns to the San Jose Sharks, netted a hat trick. Fellow Wild prospect Jason Zucker had a goal and three assists.

RhodyYanksFan
12-27-11, 01:15 PM
Looking forward to watching J.T Miller.

Oh I didn't realize he was playing. Stupid question - USA or Canada?

I already have the USA/Canada game set to tape. 8PM new years eve. NHL Network.

BroadwayBomber55
12-28-11, 02:16 PM
Group A
Slovakia defeats Latvia 3-1 behind Michal Toman's goal and assist.

Group B
Two-time winners Czech Republic thrashed Denmark 7-0 behind Tomas Hertl's two goals.

BroadwayBomber55
12-28-11, 06:08 PM
Team USA's chances of finishing on top of Group B took a massive dent as Finland defeated them 4-1.

Buffalo Sabres 2011 NHL Draft pick RW Joel Armia led the way with a goal and two assists.

dabomb2045
12-28-11, 06:41 PM
The Finland goalie stole one.....USA dominated the game but just couldnt beat him. Finland scored some fluky goals too.

BroadwayBomber55
12-28-11, 10:50 PM
Meanwhile, Sweden edged Switzerland 4-3 after winning 2-0 in a shootout.

Chicago Blackhawks F Ludvig Rensfeldt thought Sweden were on their way to 2 regulation wins as the Swedes were up 3-1 after two periods.

But Joel Vermin's two goals kept the Swiss in it and Dean Kukan forced overtime and a shootout with his game-tying goal with 2:04 remaining in the third.

In the shootout, Sebastian Collberg and Anaheim Duck draft pick F Max Friberg scored in the shootout for the Swedes while Vermin and Christoph Bertschy missed their shootout attempts.

BroadwayBomber55
12-30-11, 12:22 AM
Defending champions Russia outclassed Slovakia 3-1.

Igor Ozhiganov, Mikhail Naumenkov and Nikita Kucherov scored for the Russians.

Andrey Makarov had 31 saves.

Ottawa Senator Mark Stone, New York Islander Ryan Strome and Winnipeg Jet Mark Scheifele each had a goal and assist as Canada trumped the Czech Republic 5-0.

BroadwayBomber55
12-30-11, 12:28 AM
Pittsburgh Penguin Scott Harrington led Canada's rout over Denmark 10-2.

Harrington had a goal and three assists.

Ottawa Senator Mark Stone and Phoenix Coyote Brandon Gormley scored twice.

The Canadians punch their ticket to the Final Round.

BroadwayBomber55
12-30-11, 12:21 PM
Joining Canada in the Final Round is Russia.

The defending champions plastered Latvia 14-0.

CSKA Moscow's Nikita Gusev scored six points (2 G, 4 A).

Washington Capital starlet Evgeny Kuznetsov added 8 points including a hat-trick.

BroadwayBomber55
12-30-11, 12:24 PM
Group Standings as of December 30, 2011

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/standings/

GROUP A
Team GP W OTW OTL L PTS GF GA
Russia 3 3 0 0 0 9 20 1
Sweden 2 1 1 0 0 5 13 7
Slovakia 2 1 0 0 1 3 4 4
Switzerland 2 0 0 1 1 1 3 7
Latvia 3 0 0 0 3 0 5 26

GROUP B
Team GP W OTW OTL L PTS GF GA
Canada 3 3 0 0 0 9 23 3
Finland 2 1 0 0 1 3 5 9
USA 2 1 0 0 1 3 12 7
Czech Republic 2 1 0 0 1 3 7 5
Denmark 3 0 0 0 3 0 5 28

dabomb2045
12-30-11, 06:02 PM
Much like last year for the US team. Alot of talent...but they dont click. Generate plenty of offense, but a combination of good goaltending and just the lack of finish kills the offense....meanwhile subpar goaltending, horrific defense and unintelligent passing (cross ice passes in your own zone=death) also kills them. Alot of individual play and not enough team play. USA Hockey needs to re-evaluate how they pick this team next year.

And of course, I flash the middle finger to those wonderful Canadian fans who again treat our team like we're the anti-Christ. Go Russia and Sweden.

CanoForPresident
12-30-11, 06:09 PM
I can't exactly pin point where it went wrong but wow...

BroadwayBomber55
12-30-11, 06:31 PM
This is a major setback for the U.S. men's national junior ice hockey team.

I don't know if this a falling back to earth with a sickening thud type of performance, but it's still very disappointing.

chisox
12-30-11, 07:19 PM
This is a major setback for the U.S. men's national junior ice hockey team.

I don't know if this a falling back to earth with a sickening thud type of performance, but it's still very disappointing.

From what I have seen I am not even certain they could survive the relegation round. Somehow Denmark has to win tonight.

BroadwayBomber55
01-01-12, 10:07 PM
The Final Round is set

Group A
1st: Sweden
2nd: Russia
3rd: Slovakia

Group B
1st: Canada
2nd: Finland
3rd: Czech Republic

Quarterfinals - January 2, 2012
FIN v. SVK
RUS v. CZE

Semifinals - January 3, 2012
SWE v. Winner of FIN-SVK

CAN v. Winner of RUS-CZE

Final - January 5, 2012
WSF1 v. WSF2

BroadwayBomber55
01-01-12, 10:09 PM
BB55's Final Round Picks

Quarterfinals
Finland over Slovakia
Russia over Czech Republic

Semifinals
Finland over Sweden
Canada over Russia

Final
Canada over Finland

RhodyYanksFan
01-03-12, 09:02 AM
I turned the USA/Canada game off after 3-0. What was the final?

CanoForPresident
01-03-12, 10:05 AM
3-2 Canada. US got sent to the relegation round :o

ruthianblast
01-03-12, 10:10 AM
And of course, I flash the middle finger to those wonderful Canadian fans who again treat our team like we're the anti-Christ. Go Russia and Sweden.

It always annoys me when my country men & women treat US teams with a lack of respect. At the same time; being from Ontario, I understand a bit of their frustration; sometimes it's nice to beat up on and jeer "big brother".

Being from the US you may not understand the frustration of the citizens of other countries who do view the US is a bad light for various reasons. The US is the international bully. That should not bleed into sports; but it is inevitable, particularly since the US dominates nearly every other sport except Hockey.

dabomb2045
01-04-12, 03:17 AM
It always annoys me when my country men & women treat US teams with a lack of respect. At the same time; being from Ontario, I understand a bit of their frustration; sometimes it's nice to beat up on and jeer "big brother".

Being from the US you may not understand the frustration of the citizens of other countries who do view the US is a bad light for various reasons. The US is the international bully. That should not bleed into sports; but it is inevitable, particularly since the US dominates nearly every other sport except Hockey.

I guess I expect alot more from Canadians...because they are right next door, and in most ways we are both alike. I expect hatred and dislike from Euro countries and the Far East--they dont really understand Americans and what the US is like so they form their opinions based on other things i.e politics and the media. The cultures are completely different. Canada is (should) be different...I would venture a good number of Canadians have at least spent some time in the US, personally know some Americans, and we also know many end up moving and living here (sounds like you are one of them!), and alot of them end up gaining citizenship. The opposite is true of Americans who visit and some end up moving to Canada. The cultures are almost identical. Yes there are differences of course but it truly is a brother-type relationship; alot of similarities but also differences.

So it kind of annoys me why both sides wouldnt support each other when they are playing against other countries. I mean one night the Canadian fans are booing the Czech goalie for his emotional antics...the next night vs USA they are cheering those same antics and treating Jack Campbell like he is the devil incarnate. It makes no sense to me. All of the recent juniors teams have received horrible treatment from Canadian fans, along the lines of how the Soviets were treated back in the day. I was in Toronto for a few of the 1st round WBC games back in 09, including being at the US-Canada game and appalled at alot of things I saw and heard.

And btw I wouldnt say the US "dominates" anything anymore. Obviously basketball they are probably #1, but there are other countries out there who are real good...just like at the amount of Euro players in the NBA. Baseball? Many of the top players are from island countries...US doesnt win the WBC and they never won when baseball was in the Olympics. Golf and soccer are really dominated by Europeans now. The only sports we dominate are football (nobody else plays it), and Nascar which isnt a real sport anyways.

ruthianblast
01-04-12, 08:27 AM
I guess I expect alot more from Canadians...because they are right next door, and in most ways we are both alike. I expect hatred and dislike from Euro countries and the Far East--they dont really understand Americans and what the US is like so they form their opinions based on other things i.e politics and the media. The cultures are completely different. Canada is (should) be different...I would venture a good number of Canadians have at least spent some time in the US, personally know some Americans, and we also know many end up moving and living here (sounds like you are one of them!), and alot of them end up gaining citizenship. The opposite is true of Americans who visit and some end up moving to Canada. The cultures are almost identical. Yes there are differences of course but it truly is a brother-type relationship; alot of similarities but also differences.

So it kind of annoys me why both sides wouldnt support each other when they are playing against other countries. I mean one night the Canadian fans are booing the Czech goalie for his emotional antics...the next night vs USA they are cheering those same antics and treating Jack Campbell like he is the devil incarnate. It makes no sense to me. All of the recent juniors teams have received horrible treatment from Canadian fans, along the lines of how the Soviets were treated back in the day. I was in Toronto for a few of the 1st round WBC games back in 09, including being at the US-Canada game and appalled at alot of things I saw and heard.

And btw I wouldnt say the US "dominates" anything anymore. Obviously basketball they are probably #1, but there are other countries out there who are real good...just like at the amount of Euro players in the NBA. Baseball? Many of the top players are from island countries...US doesnt win the WBC and they never won when baseball was in the Olympics. Golf and soccer are really dominated by Europeans now. The only sports we dominate are football (nobody else plays it), and Nascar which isnt a real sport anyways.

You shouldn't; I can't speak for all in Ontario, but I can speak for my family; the politics of the United States really drive them crazy, especially when those decisions affect Canada negatively. As I said above; that should not bleed into sports, but it seems inevitable.

There is also an issue of the ignorance of US citizens as it relates to Canada, and a good portion of other countries as well; I can speak to that first hand. That's not to say that 90% of the US is not knowledgeable or at least informed as to the differences in culture, but there are times when that number seems to be about 10%, especially when the US Health Care law was/is being debated. I would say that the US Culture as a total country is unlike any I visited or lived. There are similarities between the US & Canada; but it is still very different.

BroadwayBomber55
01-04-12, 11:06 AM
BB55's Gold Medal Game Pick: Russia over Sweden

BB55's Bronze Medal Game Pick: Canada over Finland

montrealer
01-06-12, 05:53 AM
Congrats to the Swedes........wow.....what a game.

montrealer
01-06-12, 06:07 AM
You shouldn't; I can't speak for all in Ontario, but I can speak for my family; the politics of the United States really drive them crazy, especially when those decisions affect Canada negatively. As I said above; that should not bleed into sports, but it seems inevitable.

There is also an issue of the ignorance of US citizens as it relates to Canada, and a good portion of other countries as well; I can speak to that first hand. That's not to say that 90% of the US is not knowledgeable or at least informed as to the differences in culture, but there are times when that number seems to be about 10%, especially when the US Health Care law was/is being debated. I would say that the US Culture as a total country is unlike any I visited or lived. There are similarities between the US & Canada; but it is still very different.

Well said.......and then there's Quebec. Now there's another kettle of fish. We boo are own national anthem.........

b_joseph
01-06-12, 08:10 AM
Congrats to the Swedes........wow.....what a game.Yeah. Overall its better when different countries win the tournament...thats 4 different winners in 4 straight seasons. The better the prospects are around the world, the better the NHL will be later on.

Russia beat Canada, so that was good enough for me.

montrealer
01-06-12, 09:31 AM
Yeah. Overall its better when different countries win the tournament...thats 4 different winners in 4 straight seasons. The better the prospects are around the world, the better the NHL will be later on.

Russia beat Canada, so that was good enough for me.

Best thing for this tournament is multiple winners ........I agree.

BroadwayBomber55
01-06-12, 10:45 AM
Best thing for this tournament is multiple winners ........I agree.

Ditto. What a final.

Sweden took the game to Russia.

Klu must be disappointed that the Swedes won.